What's new

Why not women military chief??

IMO women don't make good leaders. :mamba:

May be u should check out - Indra Nooyi(Pepsico Ltd CEO), Kiran Majumdar-Shaw(Biocon Chairman & MD), Chanda Kochhar(ICICI CEO and MD)

not to forget - Golda Meyir , Indira Gandhi or Margaret Thatcher.

It is not impossible but it is unlikely. Not only are women in the minority in the IA but they are barred from any frontline duties. Given the fact most COAS are from the Arty/Armour/Infantry corps it is very unlikely a women could gain the position as they are barred from all these wings. Additionally the COAS is the most elderly senior general at time of COAS' retirement as such a women would have to be a 3/4 star General (most likely heading a command/strike corps) to be eligible at time of COAS's retirement to be considered. AFAIK there are (if any) a very small number of senior women officers (for various reasons) above the rank of Colonel. As the selecting of COAS is devoid of any outside interference unless a women is eligible she is not going to get the job. And anyway AFAIK there has been no other modern army that has had a female as COAS.

For the foreseeable future it is very,very doubtful. And to be honest if a women has (for whatever reason) not served in a fighting arm of the IA she is very unlikely to be a good candidate for the position and could be very harmful ton the IA if she were to attain to these heights.

May be u should check out - Indra Nooyi(Pepsico Ltd CEO), Kiran Majumdar-Shaw(Biocon Chairman & MD), Chanda Kochhar(ICICI CEO and MD)

Also include Benazir Bhutto

As if you will follow a woman trusting her command into a battlefield? I wouldnt.

Women do not serve in forward combatant roles in our forces as it is not expected of them to (and not necessary). Military is a traditionally male domain and it should remain so. Women are certainly welcome to do non-combatant roles such as doctors, engineers, transport pilots, drone operators, administration officers etc. But there's absolutely no point of getting women combatants in frontline combat divisions. BSF is fine though.

Regarding Army chief.. first let India get an Army chief hailing from every corner of the country and then we can think of putting women in combat roles.

Managing military affairs is a totally different world than civilian tasks, mate. Women may make good leaders but forward roles in armed forces is a no-no.

I guess in Pakistan we have womens in air force & military tooo i have seen a women (forgot her name) is at high level in Pakistan army

see

Women of Pakistan Armed Forces & Police - YouTube

We too have women serving in roles of non-combat pilots and they do a fine job. It is just that having different roles set for men and women doesn't mean one is discriminated from another. Only stupid insecure feminists think like that.

Do you see men crying about not being able to give birth to kids or be poorer at multi-tasking than women (scientifically proven fact)?

You don't.

So I don't understand why should women serve in every role that males serve. Is this an insecurity that they have or is it just cheap political debate that feminist idiots use to stay in limelight?

I think she is the highest ranked female military officer anywhere in the world:
General Ann Elizabeth Dunwoody
Ann E. Dunwoody - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Non-combatant and logistics division. That's fine with everyone I think.

It is not imperative of us to do everything the West does. There are a lot of other more useful things that west does and we don't do. If that cannot be done, then there's no need for this either.

Subcontinental society is more family oriented and women are more towards family than in the west where individualist lifestyle is more predominant. So we cannot have everything they have. Simple as that.

Now ladies please point me towards any man crying for not being given the role of a woman. :coffee:

we had a woman head of state once, she had some remarkable achievements.
I wonder what would happen to our enemies if we get a woman head of military

Is there a women Lt.Gen ???? If not then we are a little far away from that. Also there's no shame, i don't think there's any military in the world with woman head. Please name the countries if there are any....

I want to see female chief in every country including Pakistan. I bet, there will be no war. Everywhere, Love, Love and love....:kiss3:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom