What's new

Why Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Somnath?

Ali.009

Reaction score

THE RAJPUT ERA ENDS

The end of the Rajput era created the beginning of the Muslim era in India. Dr. Smith says that this became so prominent that the centuries from the death of Harsha to the Mohammedan conquest of Hindustan, extending in round numbers from the middle of the seventh century to the close of the twelfth century, was the Rajput era . This is 500 years of Hindu rule. This is one of the few periods of history when Hindus ruled India.

On the eve of the Arab invasion of Sind (712 A.D: Quaid-e-Azam said that this is the day the Pakistan movement began in India), Chandrapida, the grandson of Durlabhavardhan was the ruler of the Korkot (Kashmir ) kingdom The most powerful king was Muktipida Lalitadya, brother and successor of Chandrapida. He was a great conqueror, and is said to have conquered Punjab, Dardistan and Kabul.

Mahmud of Ghazni made two attempts between 1015-1021 to conquer Kashmir, but was unsuccessful. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked temples in the subcontinent because the temples were the seats of political power. The Brahaman priests kept all knowledge to themselves. They kept all knowledge away from the population, locked up in temples (including the knowledge to build the temple). To destroy the political and military power of the city, the temple had to be destroyed. Since the high priest controlled the populations, they had to be defeated. The temples also contained all knowledge of the area. Mohammed Ghauri was the founder of the Muslim empire in India (1173 A.D). The slave dynasty lasted from 1206-1290. The Khilji dynasty lasted from 1290-1320. The Tughlaq dynasty lasted from (1320-1412). In 1304 Ibin-e-Batuta visited visited China through Kashmir. The Syed and Lodhi dynasty lasted from 1413-1526. During the reign of the sultans of Delhi the Khokars had established themselves between Lahore and Ghazni on the Southern border of Kashmir.

The most irksome and fearsome thing, that the Hindu can conjure, in his mind is a repeat of the fall of ”Somanath” which happened a thousand years ago at the hands of Mahmud of Ghazni.

Somanath was a religious city, in the heartland of the new faith called, Brahmanism, in the lands of the naghar’ Brahmans. The Brahmans were the creators of the Devanagri script though modified from our Indus script, taken from our universities of Taxila. The city of bahman nih,
mis called, Brahmanabad was located in the Kathiwar peninsula near the sea shore. The Hindu Brahmans lived off its bounty. The shrine was endowed with the income of ten thousand villages. This income wealth was not enough for them, so they had convinced the poor, pagan, and primitive people of the lands of Hindh that the idol of Somanath had the power to transmigrate their souls when they died, in a better, and richer, person, when they were re born. So everyone in his or her lifetime had to contribute way beyond their meansto please the idol with gold and jewels which the idol loved the best.

The edifice was built, and stood on 56 pillars of teak wood in a huge compound, with the entrance gates made of solid sandal wood. The teak wood was inlaid with lead. The inner hall of the dome was massive. It was dark inside to create the required aura and awe in the minds of the primitive . For light effect bejewelled chandeliers hung in the right places and gave it the right look.

Near the idol was a chain of solid gold weighing (as per the Brahmans 200 maunds) which was connected with the bells. The chain was pulled at times to awake the sleeping Brahmans to come to duty a thousand at a time.
During the ongoing and continuous show 500 of the most beautiful damsels well versed in all manner of things danced in shifts. The number of 500 female dancers remained constant who danced to the musicians around the clock. All this was done to please the idol made out of stone and hung in space with a magnetic field all around it. This was the ultimate magic.
All this pomp and show ended when Sultan Mahmud came and took away the gates as well as the idol with him. Though the idol was broken in four pieces. The first piece was sent to Mecca to be placed under the entrance door of the Kaaba. The second piece was placed under the entrance to the prophets mosque in Medina. The third at the entrance of the great mosque of Ghuzznih, and the last piece at the entrance of the royal palace in Ghuzznih (Ghazni).
According to ‘Romila Thapar, an Indian historianin her book, “the history of India; vol i, on pages 232-233, she writes:
“the effects of destruction of somanath are etched in the generations of all Hindu Brahmanic, mindset. They shudder from the day when the a revival of Islam takes place. All efforts for the Hindu is focused on this endevour. The bud whenever it grows must be
crushed before it blossoms into a flower and the aroma leads the Muslim on a new ”jihad’

The most irksome and fearsome thing, that the Hindu can conjure, in his mind is a repeat of the fall of the idol worshipers so any trick or treachery is not unlawful for them, as long as the end is justified. The eventual fate of the Brahman idol worshipper rests with Allah. Do what they may ‘Time’ is an infinity before ”’ALLAH”, a fact which the limited mind of the Brahman fails to
perceive.

Last edited:
Erm....you got the location of Somnath wrong - its in Gujarat, not Andhra.

The Somnath in Andhra is different.

BTW - what's with your love for "rupeenews"?

Erm....you got the location of Somnath wrong - its in Gujarat, not Andhra.

The Somnath in Andhra is different.

BTW - what's with your love for "rupeenews"?

The map shows Somanth in Karnataka :rofl:.

This tells us about the quality of news from 'rupeenews', complete propaganda BS site. Looks like some body took the job on behalf of 'rupeenews' to spread it.

This tells us about the quality of news from 'rupeenews', complete propaganda BS site. Looks like some body took the job on behalf of 'rupeenews' to spread it.

Oops...I meant Karnatak....dunno why my fingers typed andhra :confused:

Rupeenews is a trash site...

I think the Afghans and Arabs are paying a small fraction of the grave sins committed against humanity.

No sin can go unpunished. They and their supporters are bound to get the favour returned.

A trash site for trash minds.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo's campaign stood by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good "deterrent" to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States, his spokeswoman said Friday.

"This shows that we mean business," said Bay Buchanan, a senior Tancredo adviser. "There's no more effective deterrent than that. But he is open-minded and willing to embrace other options. This is just a means to deter them from attacking us."

On Tuesday, Tancredo warned a group of Iowans that another terrorist attack would "cause a worldwide economic collapse." IowaPolitics.com recorded his comments.

"If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina," Tancredo said. "That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack."

Tom Casey, a deputy spokesman for the State Department, told CNN's Elise Labott that the congressman’s comments were "reprehensible" and "absolutely crazy." Tancredo was widely criticized in 2005 for making a similar suggestion.

–CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornreich

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation - Blogs from CNN.com

There are extremists in every religion. Only followers of one religion seem to idolize them. What they don't realize is they are bringing a bad name to their faith by such actions. All claims of peaceful and tolerance sound so hollow when some people support such evil.

Most Americans denounced what Tom Tancredo said. Most Muslims idolize the evil Ghazni. They are the reasons for the perceptions of Islam the world over.

No need to get surprised by why so many people associate Muslims with terror. The reason is people like these!

Whats you'r love for BBC? CNN?

And for all crying souls, map might be faulty, but the history is not. Stop crying about a stupid map.

-Regards

Well, if they got something as simple as a map wrong - which means that they cannot tell Gujarat from Karnataka - what's the guarantee that the rest of the article has anything worth reading in it?

Oh, and we are comparing "rupeenews" to BBC are we? :lol:

Earth is rotating and revolving hence perhaps Somnath Temple must have been shifted to Nicobar by now.

WHY DOES IT LIE WITH ALLAH ? WHY NOT WITH JESUS OR CHARLIE CHAPLIN ?

REGARDS

It has nothing to do with islam but it might be a mind set of a particular group of Muslims. As a Canadian muslim i can assure you that Islam & Hinduism are two great religions. We
(the majority of the muslims of the world, at large) respect it. We also believe that Islam and Hinduism can co-exist side by side. I grew up in jeddah a city very close to Makkah in Saudi Arabia and there I along with many of my Saudi/arab friends had many Hindu friends. Some are even our best friends. See in India it is Indian nationalism and in Pakistan it is Pakistani nationalism (with due respect to both these great countries) do not represent Islam in anyway what so ever.

:cheers:

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with islam but it might be a mind set of a particular group of Muslims. As a Canadian muslim i can assure you that Islam & Hinduism are two great religions. We ( the majority of the muslims of the world, at large) respect it. We also believe that Islam and Hinduim can co-exist side by side. I grew up in jeddah a city very close to Makkah in Saudi Arabia and there I along with many of my Saudi friends had many Hindu friends. Some are even our best friends.See in India it is Indian nationalism and in Pakistan it is Pakistani nationalism (with due respect to both these great countries) do not represent Islam in anyway what so ever.

:cheers:

Well, I have nothing against Islam/Muslims. I come from a place (Hyderabad, India), where almost 40% of them are muslims. So, I have a lot of muslim friends and I can understand and distinguish between a fanatic and a normal person.
Anyways, nice to know you and your views. Cheers.

Well, the destruction of Somnath was indeed a very traumatic event, especially for Gujaratis.

Its one of the reasons for the continuing communal strife in that state for many centuries.

Back
Top Bottom