What's new

Why Islam took a violent and intolerant turn in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!

Palestine: At least some of it due to the terror by the likes of Hama/Hizbollah. Though I won't discuss this much.

Kashmir: All problems due to the Islamic terror sponsored and let lose by Pakistan. A very large number of victims by the terrorists and rest in cross fire.

Afghanistan: 80%+ casualties due to your dear Islamic Taliban!

Pakistan: Almost all murders by the Islamic terrorists.

Iraq: The vast majority of death due to sectarian bombings and murders.

Pakistan supported the LeT in the early 1990's, & it doesn't support it now. The massacre of the Kashmiris has been going on since the 1950's. Read a little bit of history my friend.

Palestine: I think you need to read a little about the PLO, Fatah, PA & the previous Israeli regimes before you get to Hamas my friend. Let me tell you, it wasn't the Muslims that started the massacres.

Afghanistan: It was first savaged by the Soviet Union, & now its being savaged by the US. The Taliban only starting attacking after they lost power to the puppet Karzai government when the US invaded a sovereign country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

Pakistan: What you don't seem to understand is that the terrorism in Pakistan's FATA regions is result of the US drone attacks. Before 2001, Pakistan was peaceful, & no one had even heard of a suicide bombing. There was not one suicide bombing inside Pakistan pre 9/11.

Iraq: Close to 1.5 million Iraqis have been killed by the American forces since 2003, did you know that?

Iraq Deaths | Just Foreign Policy

I am not being sarcastic. I even think you may have a point here.

However, the Christian dark ages were when there was little science to disprove the religious fantasies.

This is not the case now! Why still the dark age of Islam?

Because it has been hijacked by Saudi Arabia, a proxy who's Kingdom wants to rule over the Islamic World & stay in power, at the behest of the Western interests in the region. Christianity was/is hijacked by the Church as well in the past. Do you really even know what's happening in Bahrain, & the rest of the Middle East right now? I can explain it to you in detail if you're interested in listening.

Because it has been hijacked by Saudi Arabia, a proxy who's Kingdom wants to rule over the Islamic World & stay in power, at the behest of the Western interests in the region. Do you really even know what's happening in Bahrain, & the rest of the Middle East right now? I can explain it to you in detail if you're interested in listening.
\

So, why allow them to keep Islam in the Dark Ages as you claim?

In Bahrain, they are are slaughtering the Shias and the US is doing nothing because of the huge Naval base they have there, even though they are active in Libya.

In the ME, the people are rising, but it is petering off!

Dont say use of religion. Say use of Islam.

Islam is a religion, isn't it, thus my use of the term religion. Similarly, centuries ago, the same was happening to Christianity where the use of that particular religion was to gain power and expand control.

Whatever wrong is happening in Pakistan today is certainly not becoz of the overdose of religion, but overdose of Islam.

Islam is a religion and that is why I have stated Islam, its not the overuse of Islam but rather the use of it for materialistic and strategic gains.

Here in India i have seen people having overdose of Hinduism and Jainism. and trust me, they dont kill each other for that.

I am sure that the Hindus and Jain's were never used by others through their religious beliefs to fight invaders and ocupiers. Yours is an illogical comparions because the Hindu's and Jain's have never been in similar situation as Muslims.

at most what can we see a hardcore Hindu do ? he might worship a rat, a phallu a cow or a cockroach. thats it.

Historic events would beg to differ, remember Babri Masjid incident, even now some Hindu extremist kill people albeit infrequently. Similarly, the amount of Dalits being killed in India are a direct result of an extremist mindset.

religious overdose is absolutely fine. people are free to believe in all sort of absurdities, unless they force their belief on me.

There is no compulsion in Islam, what one sect of Islam does cannot be used to label all sects as being similar.

People believe in all sorts of things with sincerity. They are so sure of their beliefs that they are willing to sacrifice their lives for what they believe.

Depends on individual basis and the environment plays an important role in all this.

But Islam is not a personal religion. Islam plans to take over the world and impose the Sharia everywhere.

How absurd?

Firstly, there are many various sects in Islam, their understanding and interpretation of Islam varies and not all believe in imposing Sharia globally. It seems like you are high in Islamophobia and in this emotional rant, you threw out all objectivity in your post.

In India here are thousands of religions, some worship snake, some rats, some monkeys, some cows and some phallus. That is none of my business. None of these religions threaten me. They are not trying to impose their beliefs by killing the infidels and convert everyone to their way of thinking.

There are more than Billion Muslims around the world, if they were trying to impose their belief on you through force, you would have noticed the outrage and eventual friction. But that is not the case and you seem to have exaggerated what might occur as a global Islamic phenomenon.

Again u missed the most important point.
Pakistanis before 80 didnt kill each other becoz they were not following Islam literally.

How exactly have you verified that the current version being practiced by some Muslims is the literal Islam. There are many sects in Islam who all believe that they are right and the others are wrong. I am damn sure that many people are still practicing the Islam that was once practiced in Pakistan, however the violent ideologies from Wahab and Deoband gained a lot of power due to their western backing and now they are able to exert their thinking onto others.

why cant u see this ?

Very emotional response, where is the reasoning?

And who gave them this idea that by killing each other they are doing god's work ?

Wahab and later the Americans.

1984-1994: CIA Funds Militant Textbooks for Afghanistan

The US, through USAID and the University of Nebraska, spends millions of dollars developing and printing textbooks for Afghan schoolchildren. The textbooks are “filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings, part of covert attempts to spur resistance to the Soviet occupation.” For instance, children are “taught to count with illustrations showing tanks, missiles, and land mines.” Lacking any alternative, millions of these textbooks are used long after 1994; the Taliban will still be using them in 2001. In 2002, the US will start producing less violent versions of the same books, which President Bush says will have “respect for human dignity, instead of indoctrinating students with fanaticism and bigotry.” (He will fail to mention who created those earlier books.) [Washington Post, 3/23/2002; Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, 5/6/2002] A University of Nebraska academic named Thomas Gouttierre leads the textbook program. Journalist Robert Dreyfuss will later reveal that although funding for Gouttierre’s work went through USAID, it was actually paid for by the CIA. Unocal will pay Gouttierre to work with the Taliban (see December 1997) and he will host visits of Taliban leaders to the US, including trips in 1997 and 1999 (see December 4, 1997 and July-August 1999).

didnt they get this idea from Islam. ?

No, the meaning of the terms like Jihad was twisted for political and strategic gains. Not all sects of Islam follow the same line of thought.

The reason Muslims are so afraid of criticism is because they are aware of the vulnerability of Islam.

Have you met moderate Sunni's, Shia's, Bohra's, Sufi's, Ahmadi's, Aga Khani's and many other sects of Islam, once you sit down with a number of varying sects, then you can come to a conclusion but till then, your statement is based on assumption, not facts.

Please don’t harp on anecdotal occurrences. Look at the general scenario, where is violence springing from?

The violence stems from a distorted teaching of Islam that was taught to a number of Muslims for political and strategic goals. The problem is that once the distorted teaching becomes the only source of learning, you will always get problems due to lack of understanding and negligience.

What are the causes of ignorance?

Lack of understanding and the ability to interpret relgious scriptures.

If all the apples on a tree are good and only one or a few are bad, it is unfair to say the tree is bad. However, if you see that the tree produces nothing but bad apples, year in year out, then it is fair to say that the problem is with the tree.

Are you even thinking rationally, there are so many sects in Islam and you are painting them with the same brush just becuase a couple of sects are causing all the problems.

Bad people exist in all religions. Nonetheless they are often the exceptions and they are bad because they do not follow the good teachings of their religion. In Islam bad people are the majority.

Bad people are the majority?

What indicator did you use?

Amazing argument, you just stated that a billion+ people are bad in this world.

Just read a few verses from the “words of God” and you’ll have millions of fools pouring into the streets, foaming their mouths and committing all sorts of atrocities so you can achieve your goal.
Mirza Malkam Khan (1831-1908), an Armenian who converted to Islam and together with Jamaleddin Afghani launched the idea of an “Islamic Renaissance” (An-Nahda), had a slogan of unrivaled cynicism: “Tell the Muslims something is in the Qur’an, and they will die for you.”

Never heard of them or the idea or violence, its not a part of what I have learned.

Please tell me why is it that those Muslims who dedicate years going to madresas and read sharia are more prone to become terrorists?

Madrassa's were used to prepare militants in Muslim countries so that they can be used to fight wars for western and Arabic nations.

Shouldn't it be the reverse?

It should be but who is going to cut off the oil funding of these madrassas and change the curriculum.

Please tell me why all Islamic countries have barbaric practices such as stoning, maiming, child abuse, etc. are poor and uncivilized compared to the rest of the world?

What?

Most of these thing happen around the world, they are not restricted to Islamic countries.

Similarly, you need to realise that just like your country India, many if not all Muslim countries are third world countries. They have worse practices in Africa too but the spotlight is on Muslim countries nowadays and this is why you hear more of it. That or you are very fond of visiting Anti-Muslim websites, which seems plausible.

Why ungodly nations have all the science, technology and knowledge and the godly Islamic nations are so ignorant?

No money being invested into science, technology and education.

We did have Dr Abdus Salam who won a Noble Prize for his grand scientific achievements and his inspiration was Islam. He also wanted all Muslim states to allocate a small percent of their GDP for science and technology but it did not happen. He then wanted to open education centres in all Muslim countries but that did not happen too because the Muslims are in their dark ages.

Doesn't this raise the red flag that something is wrong with Islam?

No, something is wrong with Muslims, not all but some.

You may say that its becoz Muslims countries don't follow correct interpretation of Islam. Then what about non-Muslim countries, that dont follow Islam at all.
Wouldn't it be correct to say that Islam is a dangerous belief which if not followed correctly, can turn people of a society into brain-dead zombies ?

Islam was never a problem until the Arabic states started to get a lot of oil money. Thus they started to promote their own violent ideology whereby most of the other peaceful and tolerant nations were used as experimentation grounds for violent religious indoctrination.

Look at it this way, if you have the ability to coerce people into a certain idelogy, you have to relate it to the preceding ideology which was practiced. What happened is that the new violent ideology that was practiced in limited sections became a mainstream ideology because it was heavily promoted and taught around the world.

You might want to look up various sects of Islam and see if you can find any violence amongst them.

You post was very emotional and lacked reasoning. I thought you were going to be objective about the reasons and causes of extremism, instead I felt like talking to a Islamophobe.

\

So, why allow them to keep Islam in the Dark Ages as you claim?

In Bahrain, they are are slaughtering the Shias and the US is doing nothing because of the huge Naval base they have there, even though they are active in Libya.

In the ME, the people are rising, but it is petering off!

In Bahrain, the Kingdom of Bahrain (Sunni) is on the payroll of Saudi Arabia, meaning it serves as a proxy for Western powers. In Egypt, the worrying aspect is that the opposition that overthrew the Egyptian government is Hizb-ul-Tahrir, an extremist Sunni organization that aims to 'restore the caliphate'. Yet, the CIA helped organize the opposition rallies. In Libya, the rebels are an extremist group as well. In Bahrain, Saudi Arabia personally assisted the Kingdom of Bahrain to silence down the Bahraini Shia majority that wanted to overthrow the leadership. However, there is little to no coverage of Bahrain here in the media, & the people getting killed because of the leadership in Bahrain.

There are a lot of things that are very suspicious about the Middle East right now. There have also been 'footprints' of the US in these Middle Eastern riots, & I'm not speaking this as a conspiracy theorist, I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all. Jared Cohen, who sits in the US State Department, has formed a Alliance of Youth Movements (AoYM) here in the US, that use the electronic media to conduct protests in Muslim countries. This was the group that started the protests in Iran, & this group was the first one that first started the protests in the Middle East this time. If you remember, the whole protests in the Middle East started with Tunisia when a young person committed suicide by setting himself on fire, when he couldn't make ends meet with the government. This resulted in the overthrow of the government, & AoYM played a pivotal role in that, as it is doing in Libya right now, & it did in Egypt. Here's some links:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jared-cohen

http://www.abdolian.com/thoughts/?p=4854

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world...ed-chaos-behind-the-scenes-in-the-middle-east

It was scary when I saw Muslims being happy with the Hizb-ul-Tahrir gaining power in Egypt, because I believe they will serve the interests of the Western powers, & are extremist by nature, & will have the support of many hoodwinked Muslims. All of this in my opinion is to counter Iran's Shia influence in the region, especially after Iran has gained control Iraq after 2003, with the new government in Iraq serving their interests well. Pakistan is embroiled in a Shia-Sunni war between Iran & Saudi Arabia. And as I see it, extremist Islamic regimes that are subservient to the US (as Saudi Arabia is), give the Western powers the perfect motive of exerting their influence over the region. It is a well known fact that Wahabism is a 20th century creation of the Imperialist British in the 20th century, & it has nothing to do with Islam. Wahabism has hijacked Islam from the common Muslims.

Pakistan supported the LeT in the early 1990's, & it doesn't support it now. The massacre of the Kashmiris has been going on since the 1950's. Read a little bit of history my friend.

Kashmir tragedy coincided with the same period.

It was peaceful before and is peaceful now, except for some local disturbances.

There are no massacres there, except for may be some partition period violence that saw Pakistan being almost totally ethnically cleansed.

Palestine: I think you need to read a little about the PLO, Fatah, PA & the previous Israeli regimes before you get to Hamas my friend. Let me tell you, it wasn't the Muslims that started the massacres.

Let's not discuss this now. It is a separate issue.

I do find it interesting though that almost no Pakistani or foreigners go there physically to help them, they use it to justify many things though!

Afghanistan: It was first savaged by the Soviet Union, & now its being savaged by the US. The Taliban only starting attacking after they lost power to the puppet Karzai government when the US invaded a sovereign country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

No! Taliban was committing genocides and massacres (besides their famous treatment of women) much before that.

Even now, what justifies their bombings of market place full of civilians and girl schools?

Pakistan: What you don't seem to understand is that the terrorism in Pakistan's FATA regions is result of the US drone attacks. Before 2001, Pakistan was peaceful, & no one had even heard of a suicide bombing. There was not one suicide bombing inside Pakistan pre 9/11.

Its the chickens coming home to roost. You played with Islamic terror since 1979. It is coming back to bite now.

Iraq: Close to 1.5 million Iraqis have been killed by the American forces since 2003, did you know that?

Iraq Deaths | Just Foreign Policy

Yes, Iraqis have been killed. Most of them in inter sectarian killings. There was almost daily news of sectarian bombings for so long from Iraq.

Because it has been hijacked by Saudi Arabia, a proxy who's Kingdom wants to rule over the Islamic World & stay in power, at the behest of the Western interests in the region. Christianity was/is hijacked by the Church as well in the past. Do you really even know what's happening in Bahrain, & the rest of the Middle East right now? I can explain it to you in detail if you're interested in listening.

Sure, I would be interested to know.

But what prevents you from kicking out Saudis from that hijack?

I will let you guys continue, just a few points I would interject on.

I am sure that the Hindus and Jain's were never used by others through their religious beliefs to fight invaders and ocupiers. Yours is an illogical comparions because the Hindu's and Jain's have never been in similar situation as Muslims.

Not true. Hindus also used religion to fight the Islamic invaders. Who were much worse than anything you have seen in Afghanistan.

Historic events would beg to differ, remember Babri Masjid incident

Babri was a drop in the ocean compared to the thousands of templess destroyed by the Islamic invaders in India (and Pakistan and Afghanistan and Iran and Central Asia and.......). It was just one of the most important ones. Hindus have full right to get back all such shrines that were destroyed by the intolerant bigots.

even now some Hindu extremist kill people albeit infrequently. Similarly, the amount of Dalits being killed in India are a direct result of an extremist mindset.

Even a single Dalit death makes news headlines in India! They are not a fraction of what is happening in the Islamic world on a daily basis.

It is a well known fact that Wahabism is a 20th century creation of the Imperialist British in the 20th century, & it has nothing to do with Islam. Wahabism has hijacked Islam from the common Muslims.

Not so well known!

They claim to go back to the roots of Islam which had been corrupted as per them by the addition of bidat.

You guys don't seem to be able to challenge that theologically.

So who is right? What is the real Islam?

I do find it interesting though that almost no Pakistani or foreigners go there physically to help them, they use it to justify many things though!

Pakistanis have helped Palestinians before. A Pakistani Airforce pilot shot down Israeli aircrafts in air combat in 1973 War I believe, & also in the 1967 war:

The Role of Pakistan Air Force Volunteer Pilots in Arab Israel Wars in Air Combat Against Israel

Pakistan being almost totally ethnically cleansed.

Pakistan was not ethnically cleansed. There were killings on both sides in 1947, & if you remember, it was the Sikhs that started the killings in East Punjab; & sent dead bodies on the train to Lahore. After that, the Muslims went crazy, & there were killings on both sides. It wasn't a massacre on either side, just killings. Most of the Hindus, Sikhs left voluntarily, there was no ethnic cleansing. And this mainly accounted for the decreasing % of minorities there. Also at the time of independence, East Pakistan was also a part of Pakistan, & they had a large number of non-Muslims as well. This is also a reason why you see the decreased number of minorities today, along with the fact that Muslim populations grow faster than non-Muslim ones.

No! Taliban was committing genocides and massacres (besides their famous treatment of women) much before that.

The Taliban was fighting to get into power with its rivals. It wasn't targeting civilians. The reason why Taliban first came into power was because of the popular support of people, who appreciated their system of justice as compared to the previous warlords who ruled Afghanistan. The previous warlords in Afghanistan were always fighting each other on the basis of tribes, they were corrupt, they fought other ethnicities as well, they cultivated huge amounts of poppy & destroyed their own country because of it, & even neighboring countries. The Taliban came, they destroyed the poppy, and had a quick system of justice. People were happy with them. With Karzai in power, he has brought the same warlords back into power with him. The people who resulted in the Taliban in the first place. And that is why Karzai's regime is a puppet government, he only has the backing of the warlords.

You played with Islamic terror since 1979. It is coming back to bite now.

The Mujahideen in 1979 are not the same as the Afghan Taliban or the TTP. The Afghan Taliban is an off-shoot of the Mujahideen, but its not the same thing. The Mujahideen were heralded as heroes both by the US & the Afghan people, as well as the rest of the world.

Most of them in inter sectarian killings. There was almost daily news of sectarian bombings for so long from Iraq.

Not really. I think you need to follow the news a little more. I can go into that in a lot more depth as well.

The Taliban was fighting to get into power with its rivals. It wasn't targeting civilians.
Dear Bilal, how can you say this? do you want proofs of atrocities of the Taliban against civilians? they comitted genocide against everybody who was not like them. they killed and dragged civilians in large numbers and completey destroeyed their villages and cities. Since paksitan consider them as their assests, we shouldnt turn a blind eye on their wrong doings and atrocities.

Not so well known!

They claim to go back to the roots of Islam which had been corrupted as per them by the addition of bidat.

You guys don't seem to be able to challenge that theologically.

So who is right? What is the real Islam?

It is well known. Read the 'House of Saud', or the countless books written by British writers & historians of the time. Also, look at who Abdul Wahab was, who started the Wahabism movement. He was not a religiously inspired man. Also, look up why Wahabism was created, & what effect it had on the Ottoman Empire at the time. These are well-established facts my friend.

Wahabism is a creation of the imperialists, & theologically, it is nothing but a distortion of the original Hanbali school of thought. Hanbali school of thought is one of the four school of thoughts in the Sunni sect. Another synonym for Wahabism is today's Salafism & Ahle-Hadis. Originally, Salafism was also different, but it became distorted into Wahabism. Today's Al-Qaeda group is associated with Wahabism.

Deobandism is ideologically & theologically a bit different from Wahabism/Salafism, but it has a lot of common aspects as well. I don't want to confuse you right now, but if you're interested, I'll let you know of their similarities and their differences. Deobandis are associated with the Taliban today. Deobandism comes from the Hanafi school of thought, the second school of thought out of four schools of thoughts in the Sunni sect. I believe Deobandism is a distortion of the original school of Hanafi thought, just like Wahabism is a distortion of the original school of Hanbali thought. Wahabism is in fact a purposeful distortion, as it is nothing like what the Hanbali school of thought ascribes to.

Pakistanis have helped Palestinians before. A Pakistani Airforce pilot shot down Israeli aircrafts in air combat in 1973 War I believe, & also in the 1967 war:

The Role of Pakistan Air Force Volunteer Pilots in Arab Israel Wars in Air Combat Against Israel

That was not out of any love for the Palestinians. It was for the support that the Arabs gave Pakistan during the 1965 war and will give in the 1971 war !. A kind of Payback.

And not to forget what a certain 'Brigadier' did to the Palestinians which eventually came to be known as Black September.

Dear Bilal, how can you say this? do you want proofs of atrocities of the Taliban against civilians? they comitted genocide against everybody who was not like them. they killed and dragged civilians in large numbers and completey destroeyed their villages and cities. Since paksitan consider them as their assests, we shouldnt turn a blind eye on their wrong doings and atrocities.

I told them how they came into power. They came into power because of popular support of the people, because the corrupt warlords who were always fighting each other on the basis of tribes & ethnicities had no system of justice, & the common Afghan admired the justice system of the Taliban. They also eradicated the poppy growth that was so prevalent before & caused trouble in Afghanistan & neighboring countries as it was unIslamic, they punished boys who were involved in homosexual behavior etc. I know all these things. Did I say anything wrong here? Quoting a few examples of their atrocities would not mean they did not have the popular support of the Afghan people at the time. Are you saying they did not have the popular support of the Afghan people when they came into power?

So, Why did Islam turn violent in Pakistan -- That is the focus of the Thread -- The Islamican brigade has offered that Islam is not violent in Pakistan but it's Muslims who are violent in Pakistan, this is a reflection of their moral and intellectual bankruptcy, after what they are arguing is that Islam and Muslims have no relationship. Failing this their position is to ask that the thread be closed.

Now, others have offered that Islam in the hands of the ignorant, lead to a ignorant islam -- Now, that's a reasonable positon, it's rather obvious, but the Islamican brigade cannot have that, because it put their claim that nothing about Islam changes to a lie --- see, when the lens of the observer change, the object being observed changes - right?? Obvious, right?? But see, the Islamican cannot agree with that, and it has to do with their Utopian ideology.

You will recall that some will suggest that "true islam" is X, Y and Z and all other "Islam" are rubbish --- In other words "pluralism" does not exist within islam (in other words the idea that there as many ways to God as there are faithful, is a lie).

But why does Pluralism in Islam have to be denied and "fought against"??? Utopia!! After all, how many versions of Utopia can there be? See, since there is this mutiplicity, it makes control and arrest of change, problematic --- Just consider, why are Talib blowing up shrines?? There can be only one way for the Islamican and everybody else is in blasphemy and of course we know that for the sake of God and the loveof the Prophet, bombing and killing becomes a religious duty, acts of conviction (for they cannot be acts of faith, Islamicans can by definition not have FAITH, though they have plenty of certitude)

So, friends, why is Islam in Pakistan, violent??, Why is it intolerant?

Because it is informed by ideas hostile, aggressive ideas ---

But wait, doesn't that mean there is some "true islam" somewhere?? See, I told you there had to be, it's just hidden or maybe it's holding out in Turkiye??

No it's it's not, sorry - Islam is and always will be what it's adherents, Muslims (muzlums) practice. And see, since they practice in so many different ways, to suggest that there is a single "true" correct" way is to declare war on all others - Oh, wait, so that's why Islam in Pakistan is violent

What is Islamicans? Is this a new term used by White masters which Muslim secular and liberal fascists have adopted to please them? Tell me was our Prophet Islamican as well?
Tell me is their salman rushdie brigade? Pakistani Secular/Liberal fascists brigade? Atheist brigade? tell us which one do you belong to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom