What's new

Why is Pakistan not developing like many countries

They Koreans/Japaneses spend 10~12+hours on studing or working and fully focas on it eveyday,i don't think Pakistans can do so.

I wouldn't want to be in their position really they may work hard and doing better in the immediate time but they don't have the higher ceiling like we do culturally and influence wise our ceiling is much higher and I agree we are going thru a transitional period which is important and a journey but we are not in a rush. We possesses certain game'ness and hustle they don't have and social advantage you see we have been globalists for over a millennium you can't teach that in one generation.

But I am unbothered by this and calm about it I also do believe we are on the right track example if you check our condition in 2007-2015 I was unhappy with it but since PTI things have changed and fortune is slowly going our way..

I whole heartedly believe that the future is ours... ''Run from it, dread it, destiny arrives all the same''

Last edited:
Pakistan has only one problem and that is overpopulation but no politician speaks about this problem. Overpopulation is mother of all other problems

In 1950s and 60s population of France Germany and UK was higher than Pakistan in 2021 Pakistan is 4 times more populated than these countries.

Population of India was more than 10 times higher than Pakistan in 50s and 60s today it is only 7 times higher than Pakistan

Population growth from 1951 to 2017
View attachment 797053

Lack of development of new and satellite cities is the causes of over population of major cities. Even the major cities doesn’t have proper infrastructure. Karachi finally seeing some improvement after Supreme Court showed danda to Sindh government. Finally old drainage system is being upgraded. Every Karachi YouTuber making vlog on modem Nala. They don’t realize that Europe built these Modem Nala 300 years ago.

It's not all good across the globe guys. I'll give my example living in the UK:

My energy prices have gone up from £175 to approx £300 per month.

Food and basic amenities around 20-40% increase. I used to get a desert from a shop called Marks and Spencer that cost £5. It now costs £7. That's just one example.

Fuel too. But I don't commute that far so doesn't really affect me.

Tax: we will probably pay an extra £3000 / year tax within 5 years time.

My salary is good....but even I'm beginning to worry.

one thing pak can do is aggressive agriculture and tractors production and city farming vertical farming. atleast the masses wont starve.

Agreed.. do you think Polygamy is compounding the problem along with lack of education and awareness of over population.

We are not Arab. Our culture discourage polygamy and we may have .0001% people practicing polygyny.

it is a no brainer.policies of last 70 years are coming to bite us back.State institutions and politicians have used religion to control the masses which has only caused intolerence,extremism and illiteracy.The latest case being the likes of tlp causing gov to surrender after killing a dozen policemen.Wonder what was the point of policemen dying when the pm personally sends his confidants to greet and hug the leader of miscreants.
Shit i feel so bad that even basic things like water,electricity,good food and cars are becoming a thing of luxury for people of a nuclear state. The judiciary has completely failed to deliver justice and not one politician seems to be bothered by it.Evertime somethings happens the victim's first move is to appeal to public for justice not police can u imagine the level of trust people have in the justice system.This is beyond pathetic.
Pak is in dire need of an authoritarian leader who can fix things with one executive order,this circus is not sustainable for longer period of times. Also we should stop blaming our current leaders for this massive wave of inflation this was bound to happen when you produce nothing of value and whole economy is dependent on remittances.

1. Oversized population that’s simply not educated enough to be used by the state in order to get ahead.
2. Mediocre work force, lack of high-end technical skills. While semiconductor production lines got transferred from China to Indonesia and Vietnam - Pakistan simply didn’t have the trained work force to invite such investment.
3. Rot in our education system from primary to universities and beyond.
4. Zero investment in basic human capital
5. Elite capture of society, with rent seekers at every level from government institutions to financial to policy making to judiciary to even military (traders sitting with COAS to avoid Gov taxes).
6. Elite losing any and all interest in having a stake in the country they’ve moth-eaten to hell.
7. State’s emphasis upon exploiting religion to extract short term political and strategic goals in turn turning generation upon generations of Pakistanis into mindless zombies when it comes to dealing a real, factual world. They’re simply not equipped to dealing with the world at large. Too simplistic and too easily exploited on religious lines.
8. A system that rewards mediocrity. And thrives on it.
Great post.

I wouldn't want to be in their position really they may work hard and doing better in the immediate time but they don't have the higher ceiling like we do culturally and influence wise our ceiling is much higher and I agree we are going thru a transitional period which is important and a journey but we are not in a rush. We possesses certain game'ness and hustle they don't have and social advantage you see we have been globalists for over a millennium you can't teach that in one generation.

Mere bhai - you really believe this?

I lived for years in Korea and have been a frequent visitor to Japan. Somehow I have a hard time believing this.

India, Pakistan (and Bangladesh as well) have a LOT to learn from these two countries.

I will entertain specific questions, rather than bore people (my usual).

As a parting thought, I will also say that a country's leadership needs to realize that in the long term, they can do way MORE chori (thievery) from a developed country compared to a poor one. That stage has not come yet in the subcontinent.

Last edited:
Mere bhai - you really believe this?

I lived for years in Korea and have been frequent visitors to Japan. Somehow I have a hard time believing this.

Yes bro. I don't just believe it but it is a fact if you put Pashtun, Punjabis, Koreans and Japans in a small bag like cats the two former would dominate the two later and historically it also suggests that hence the two former have a bigger footprint on the world human footprint than the two later they have been isolationists for the majority part when the two others were going thru golden ages. Culturally and influence wise on the world map Pakistan has a higher ceiling and that is just me being fair about this not biased at all.. We can assimilate easily into the two wests and two easts

Yes bro. I don't just believe it but it is a fact if you put Pashtun, Punjabis, Koreans and Japanese in a small bag like cats the two former would dominate the two later and historically it also suggests that hence the two former have a bigger footprint on the world human footprint than the two later they have been isolationists for the majority part when the two others were going thru golden ages. Culturally and influence wise on the world map Pakistan has a higher ceiling and that is just me being fair about this not biased at all.. We can assimilate easily into the two wests and two easts

Someday - when you have time, you have to visit Seoul and Tokyo.

Korea in particular should be of interest, because in the 1950's they were poorer than Pakistan. South Korea GDP per capita for 2020 was US$31,489. That of Pakistan, you all know - what it is.

That alone is directly connected with the stability and happiness of the populace. Not saying that all Koreans are happy. But they are at least employed.

We should think about this.

Someday - when you have time, you have to visit Seoul and Tokyo.

Korea in particular should be of interest, because in the 1950's they were poorer than Pakistan. South Korea GDP per capita for 2020 was US$31,489. That of Pakistan, you all know - what it is.

That alone is directly connected with the stability and happiness of the populace. Not saying that all Koreans are happy. But they are at least employed.

We should think about this.

Wealth doesn't equal influence this is a misconception just look at India it is the poorest country on earth but it is more important than both countries combined on the world scale. But admittedly they are going thru a better time compared to said some other areas currently but it doesn't translate into influence or power projection. Besides I have been to korea but not Japan I been to both South and North Korea.

Example Turkey all tho not poor is in comparison more influential and more important than Japan, India and Korea combined etc etc. It is prestige, historical baggage, ambitions, and desire to dominate differentiate them. Pakistan has these elements the desire to be the ''It'' Guy.. It is an ambition you either have it or you don't Indians somehow lack it whereas Pakistan doesn't lack it something the west was always aware off since Partition because they viewed Pakistan as threat and enemy but not India that just tells you everything you need to know sometimes your enemies know you better than you know yourself.

You fear these with a higher ceiling potential who has ambition who would take the world for themselves if opportunity was to serve itself to them. It comes with self-belief above everything else and also unapologetic self-adoration

Last edited:
Even here the problem goes back to the mullah class. In UK it is quite disturbing to see the British-Paks have some of the lowest educational indicators - in fact we are lumped with Blacks and almost at the bottom. The Indians and Chinese conversely are right at the top and above the indigenous English. So what gives? We have to exclude discimination as Indians are brown or often even browner then Pakistani's.

Well, part of the reason is mullahs hold on the British-Pak demographic. As @Azadkashmir will confirm driving through Pakistani areas in UK will be struck by the number of mosques/madaris which have sprouted everywhere. After school you will see lines of Brit-Pak kids [often wearing Arab style gowns - perversly they were born in UK to Pakistani parents and now have converted to being pseudo-Arabs] walking to the local dars to be indoctrinated by the local mullah. The vast effort, time and money invested in this by the community if even half of it was pushed into secular education these kids would quickly rise to even beat the Chinese or Indians.

When after school the Indian/Chinese kids are being taught finer points of calculus mathematics our kids are being taught if swallowing your spit negates fasting. Specifically in Pakistan consider the number of madaris and the bast numbers of children being brainwashed there. If all that effort was used to teach modern education it would produce a generation of engineers, doctors etc and the country would not need to imprt Chinese to design or build their motorways or dams.

As much as I know, we British Bangladeshi's also used to rank near the bottom, even behind Pakistani's before the late 2000s. But that got turned around really quickly. Bangladeshi's are doing pretty okay now, 3rd best ethnic group (at least the major one), behind Chinese (league of their own) and Indians. I think the rate of improvement of Bangladeshi students is also among the highest. But we need to go much higher.

I think one of the major factors for this change was investment in schools in London, where Bengali's tend to concentrate the most. Bengali-rich areas in London had some of the worst performing schools in the country. And now, they are one of the best performing schools in the country. So investment definitely made an impact.

And being in London, as the Bengali communities have much better access to more investment and funding than say Bradford (Pakistani-rich, underperforming schools).

Migration patterns between different ethnic groups also has an influence. The British Bengali and Pakistani diaspora came from agricultural backgrounds. They were virtually invited by the British government to fill very low skilled labour jobs due to manpower shortages in the 50s and 60s. Indian migration is a lot different. They tend to originate from much wealthier metropolitan districts, or from the African pseudo colonies (Kenya, Uganda etc).

In the US it's a lot different. Pakistani elites (at least compared to the sorts that ended up in the UK) tend to settle there. And unsurprisingly, tend to be fairly successful. FAR more successful and wealthy than their UK counterparts (even if we normalise the quality of life, income differences between UK/US).

But I do think there is definitely are multiple cultural factors. If your family lacks an intellectual culture, you're far less likely to pick it up from anywhere else. I came to the UK aged 8. We were dirt poor, near poverty level, both parents had to work to put food on the table. Non-the-less, we came from an educated family from back home that always emphasised education. My dad told me as brown folks, our only currency in this country is our education and merit. We have to work 10 times harder than everyone else just to be on the same playing field. And that was a tremendous advantage on my part. None of the kids I grew up with had parents that pushed them as hard. Either they were entitled, or had very low expectations, or both.

Back
Top Bottom