What's new

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
international sanxtions fear

unless you might also knw that in 2004 official it was said that ghauri III will be launched

so no doubt the missile ready since than

beside this the shaheen III
IS IN line with 4500km range

Because Pakistan doesn't have the know how and technology and money to do such a thing.

The AGNI 5 launch costed around $300m, do you think Pakistan with a £200billion economy could afford such a thing?

By many counts we already have an ICBM and SLV project. A lot of money is spent on nuclear weapons and delivery systems get the same weight.

People often say that ICBM would piss off America, so what? Pakistan's face pisses off America. Justdo it.

"It's the economy, stupid!"

(no offence intended, famous old slogan quoted)

Something my grand mother used to say "Sava tay khay, <economy>".

Agni 5 is purely meant for China, hence the international community doesn't feel threatened by this launch. Whereas if Pakistan does the same, Israel and the West would perceive that it is aimed against them and there is a possibility of terrorists getting access to such weapons.

unless you might also knw that in 2004 official it was said that ghauri III will be launched

Taimur is 7000km, full on ICBM.

Agni 5 is purely meant for China, hence the international community doesn't feel threatened by this launch. Whereas if Pakistan does the same, Israel and the West would perceive that it is aimed against them and there is a possibility of terrorists getting access to such weapons.

India won't go beyond 5000?

300 mil is not a big amount that will stop us to spend it is the sanctions and world response that might stop us

but i think since india have done it pakistanies will come up with an answer soon ( this is what i believe )

TARIQ

Why do you guys want to follow India in everything ?

You Ghauri and Shaheen seem to have ranges that can hot most of India, why do you need any other missile.

India needs A5 because we need to cover whole of China.

You guys should stop wasting money and focus on education (and toilets! )

India won't go beyond 5000?

Says who ?

By many counts we already have an ICBM and SLV project. A lot of money is spent on nuclear weapons and delivery systems get the same weight.

People often say that ICBM would piss off America, so what? Pakistan's face pisses off America. Justdo it.

As they say "isn't over until its over" so till then you can always assume that you have ICBM :mps:

Although I am not a grandparent yet, please allow me to tell you a story as an elder brother at least:

==================================================

Once there was a young wolf who wanted to be the leader of the pack but was simply not big enough to challenge the current leader. So he decided to go and meet with the lion to learn something useful which could help him do that. The lion agreed to take him on the next hunt to teach him new skills.

So both the lion and the young wolf crept up to a deer in the bush. The lion asked the wolf,"Is my tail erect?" The wolf said, "Yes, Sir!". The lion asked," Are my eyes red?" "Yes". The lion asked "Are my ears up?", "Yes" came the reply. The lion said, "Now I am ready!" and with a mighty leap sprang upon the deer and captured him.

After learning this useful lesson, the young wolf went back to his pack and gathered them all around him and said, "I have come to be your leader, because I have been taught by the lion himself. Follow me and you will never want for fresh meat!" The wise leader of the pack said, "Well, that is good. Why don't you demonstrate your skills, and if you can hunt as well as you say you do, then I will step aside gladly."

The young wolf boasted, "Show me the animal to be hunted!" and the leader pointed out a water buffalo in the the savannah. Upon seeing the mighty animal he was supposed to bring down, the young wolf's heart leapt into his throat, but he had the whole tribe looking on, so he trembingly stalked the water buffalo, and then jumped upon it.

Of course, the buffalo gave him one mighty kick, flinging the poor wolf far into the bush, bruised and broken. All the pack laughed at him and went away, except a few friends, who came to look after their friend. One asked him, "Whay happened? I thought you were trained by the best!". The young wolf meekly said, "I would have killed the buffalo, except that my tail was not erect, my eyes were not red, and my ears were not up."

============================================

First moral of the story: First, get ready.
Second moral of the story: Even after you get ready, don't be over ambitious.

Sooner or later Pakistan will test ICBM, following India's suit is going to be a good excuse. As far as technical know how is concern one can not predict if Pakistan do not have the same.

Also nitpicking India's recent test as an example to do the same is not going to help anyone unless one has a proactive missile development program.

BTW a good strategist always believe what opponent claim to improve its own capabilities. If Pakistan claim they have the technology then one must believe in that.

Although I am not a grandparent yet, please allow me to tell you a story as an elder brother at least:

==================================================

Once there was a young wolf who wanted to be the leader of the pack but was simply not big enough to challenge the current leader. So he decided to go and meet with the lion to learn something useful which could help him do that. The lion agreed to take him on the next hunt to teach him new skills.

So both the lion and the young wolf crept up to a deer in the bush. The lion asked the wolf,"Is my tail erect?" The wolf said, "Yes, Sir!". The lion asked," Are my eyes red?" "Yes". The lion asked "Are my ears up?", "Yes" came the reply. The lion said, "Now I am ready!" and with a mighty leap sprang upon the deer and captured him.

After learning this useful lesson, the young wolf went back to his pack and gathered them all around him and said, "I have come to be your leader, because I have been taught by the lion himself. Follow me and you will never want for fresh meat!" The wise leader of the pack said, "Well, that is good. Why don't you demonstrate your skills, and if you can hunt as well as you say you do, then I will step aside gladly."

The young wolf boasted, "Show me the animal to be hunted!" and the leader pointed out a water buffalo in the the savannah. Upon seeing the mighty animal he was supposed to bring down, the young wolf's heart leapt into his throat, but he had the whole tribe looking on, so he trembingly stalked the water buffalo, and then jumped upon it.

Of course, the buffalo gave him one mighty kick, flinging the poor wolf far into the bush, bruised and broken. All the pack laughed at him and went away, except a few friends, who came to look after their friend. One asked him, "Whay happened? I thought you were trained by the best!". The young wolf meekly said, "I would have killed the buffalo, except that my tail was not erect, my eyes were not red, and my ears were not up."

============================================

First moral of the story: First, get ready.
Second moral of the story: Even after you get ready, don't be over ambitious.

Stop it Grandpa i am bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom