What's new

Why is Israel So Successful Against Arab Armies

Fenasi Kerim

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
War of independence, Sinai war, war of attrition, six day war etc all Israeli victories against multiple Arab foes.

What made Israel so successful fighting on multiple fronts against multiple Arab armies namely Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon etc.

Do you think they could have pulled this off against another group of nations? replace Arab states Egypt, Syria, Iraq & Saudi with Turkey, Iran, Pakistan or Malaysia.

Or was it the sheer incompetence of Arab armies and politicians that they lost every war against Israel?

Mean and lean Arab soldiers, yet fat and lazy generals. But now for real, the troops in combat to this day are some times described in Israel as capable warriors that have lost due to the incompetence of their command.

Last edited:
War of independence, Sinai war, war of attrition, six day war etc all Israeli victories against multiple Arab foes.

What made Israel so successful fighting on multiple fronts against multiple Arab armies namely Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon etc.

Do you think they could have pulled this off against another group of nations? replace Arab states Egypt, Syria, Iraq & Saudi with Turkey, Iran, Pakistan or Malaysia.

Or was it the sheer incompetence of Arab armies and politicians that they lost every war against Israel?

People tend to fight well for two reasons:
1) Pro Aris et Focis
2) For lots of money

Israeli soldiers fought Pro Aris et Focis.
Arab soldiers knew their Aris et Focis are safe anyway, and they had nothing personal to gain.

It was their command, problem wasn't in the soldiers. Same problem exists today. Not just Arab armies.

That aside, these several Arab states. Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Jordan did not fully trust each other. Syria was wary of Iraq, Jordan warned Israel about the other Arab states planning an attack, Egypt and Iraq were not on the same line either.

when an iraqi soldier went to the US invader and kissed his hands , well same thing happened with israel 60 years ago

Mean and lean Arab soldiers, yet fat and lazy generals. But now for real, the troops in combat to this day arevsome time described in Israel as capable warrior that have lost due to the incompetence of their command.

Okay so strategically speaking Arab generals were incompetent. At the end an army is formed of soldiers, teams, generals etc. So something is fundamentally wrong in the way they fought.

1) Pro Aris et Focis
2) For lots of money

Arab soldiers knew their Aris et Focis are safe anyway, and they had nothing personal to gain.

Just playing the devils advocate, however Arabs felt Israel was there invaded home land? I guess different countries / tribes played in here.

It was their command, problem wasn't in the soldiers. Same problem exists today. Not just Arab armies.

That aside, these several Arab states. Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Jordan did not fully trust each other. Syria was wary of Iraq, Jordan warned Israel about the other Arab states planning an attack, Egypt and Iraq were not on the same line either.

I was thinking the same, trust and communication. Was the level of training / doctrine received by Egyptian soldiers very different to the rest of the Arab states? or did they all follow a soviet model?

when an iraqi soldier went to the US invader and kissed his hands , well same thing happened with israel 60 years ago

Well Iraqi's have a historic reputation dating quite far back of betraying their leaders and country, I imagine not much has changed today.

you missed one big fat factor , the United States of America !
And Arabs had the Soviets, who saved the Egyptians at the end.

They obviously felt prepared to take on Israel and thought they would defeat them pretty quickly.

the only thing arabs are good at is backstabbing , in the dawn of islam the byzantines were their enemy and persian kings supported people of mecca against christians and jews . yet .. years later

you missed one big fat factor , the United States of America !

Yes, that is very important.
Without the superior weapons from the US, Iran would never have been able
to defend itself against Iraq.
You would all have been Iraqi citizens by now.

Israel, however would have to do without US support until about 1970,
so neither the War of Independence, the Suez-Crisis nor the six day war depended on
US support.

Note:

@jammersat aka @Gothic

is not an Iranian but a poor emigrant Afghan. So ignore him.

Ps. According to forum rules he must get permanently banned because he's permanently banned once.

Iranian society because of drug smuggling and very high number crimes of Afghans inside Iran don't like Afghans at all.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-many-Iranians-hate-Afghans

Last edited:
Yes, that is very important.
Without the superior weapons from the US, Iran would never have been able
to defend itself against Iraq.
You would all have been Iraqi citizens by now.

Israel, however would have to do without US support until about 1970,
so neither the War of Independence, the Suez-Crisis nor the six day war depended on
US support.

without the US a lot would have not happened including israel .

without the US a lot would have not happened including israel .

Yes, without the US, the British is likely to have lost the war in North Africa,
and the Nazis would have overrun the whole Middle East.
Iran would be conquered by the Nazis,
and the population would have been sent to Auschwitz, after the Jews.
You were real lucky, that the US put a stop to that.

Israel was created as a result of Jewish immigrants and a favourable vote in the UN.
The US had only one vote there, United Kingdom abstained.
The majority of the states of the world thought that this was the best solution.
Arab soldiers know after 1973, they are fighting against the might of the US,
so they are not really eager to go to war.

Last edited:

They have weapons, but no strategy or experience of conventional war in desert. Also need a will to fight. Desert war need extreme experience, because all in open and nothing is hidden.
In present day scenario Isreal has very strong lobby in US and West. Can easily defeat arab in war and diplomatic front.

Last edited:
Yes, without the US, Iran would be conquered by the Nazis,
and the population would have been sent to Auschwitz, after the Jews.
You were real lucky, that the US put a stop to that.
12139852-1296-l.jpg

nf00134992-1.jpg

Americans are some satans from children of Yahood (Jew).

Anyway AsHole, don't turn this thread to an anti-Iranian thread.

1) Pro Aris et Focis
2) For lots of money

Agree with this to an extent. I think plenty of Muslims hold Al Aqsa dear, but maybe not as dear as their own homes, the ones where their families live. For Israel, that was at stake.

Also I think Israel has it's military setup to give more battlefield level autonomy to low level commanders. It means soldiers and junior officers have the freedom to think on their feet and change tactics or strategy as the battlefield/local needs change.

I think Arab armies have a very top down structure, much align with their own society.

I worry about our own army. I used to know a soldier personally and he made it to Captain i think. He didn't seem to think advice or opinion from the bottom, got fed upwards very well. You often hear stories about soldiers making adaptations in the battlefield to survive and these sometimes get adapted at a wider scale. We still have those magic wands which do nothing at security checkpoints. I wonder how likely top brass are to adapt something that comes in from the field?

I have seen this video a while back, might be an explanation.

Agree with this to an extent. I think plenty of Muslims hold Al Aqsa dear, but maybe not as dear as their own homes, the ones where their families live. For Israel, that was at stake.

Also I think Israel has it's military setup to give more battlefield level autonomy to low level commanders. It means soldiers and junior officers have the freedom to think on their feet and change tactics or strategy as the battlefield/local needs change.

I think Arab armies have a very top down structure, much align with their own society.

I worry about our own army. I used to know a soldier personally and he made it to Captain i think. He didn't seem to think advice or opinion from the bottom, got fed upwards very well. You often hear stories about soldiers making adaptations in the battlefield to survive and these sometimes get adapted at a wider scale. We still have those magic wands which do nothing at security checkpoints. I wonder how likely top brass are to adapt something that comes in from the field?
I'm sure plenty of Muslims hold Al Aqsa dear, but most of them know very well that even if they suffer the most bitter defeat, 'the evil zionists juice' aren't going to demolish it or fill it with pigshit. They also know that 'the evil zionists juice' aren't going to cut off prisoners' hands, rape their women, and steal their sheep anyway. Most of their soldiers fight because they are told to fight, and because otherwise they are going to be punished. And if they win, their quality of life isn't going to improve anyway.

Specific weapons or tactics only make it easier to one side and harder to another, but in the very core of it there is a reason why people fight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom