What's new

Why India needs Myanmar on its side!!

You're right, India and China will never fight each other directly. Too much to lose on both sides.

I disagree with your second paragraph though... we have influence in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, etc.

I think you are wrong to say we have no influence on our South Asian neighbours apart from Pakistan and Myanmar. Look at us building military ports in Sri Lanka for example.

BBC News - Sri Lanka port built with Chinese help

dude building a port or giving some economic assistance doesn't mean influence. than japan has more influence than others. but that is not true. and that port is not for military use as said the president of SL.

influence means your power on the country's decision making, the country take care of your concerns and the country cannot be used by other powers against you.

Its true that China's influence is growing.

there are many don't like it and they are they majority. so we should work on them.

agree/// but the question is in which way d present situation take such a form when our work is going on?

dude building a port or giving some economic assistance doesn't mean influence. than japan has more influence than others. but that is not true. and that port is not for military use as said the president of SL.

influence means your power on the country's decision making, the country take care of your concerns and the country cannot be used by other powers against you.

Its true that China's influence is growing.

Fair enough, you made some good points. :cheers:

agree/// but the question is in which way d present situation take such a form when our work is going on?

Thats what we have to see. The main job have to be done by the political leaders of Nepal. They should let people know about the danger of power hungry Prachanda and maoists. They are friendly with India as well. We should cooperate with them. There is no alternative of democracy.

Why India needs a dictatorship country such as Burma on her side ?
Is India ready to betray Democracy and embrace Human Right abuse ?

For half your country's life, it was under one general or the other ... and now you question the rule in Burma... That is dual standards as usual.

:cheers:

Thats what we have to see. The main job have to be done by the political leaders of Nepal. They should let people know about the danger of power hungry Prachanda and maoists. They are friendly with India as well. We should cooperate with them. There is no alternative of democracy.

i think usa's policy on such matter was devoloped enough. They gives u a shoe and makes u usual on d think so that u never can walk with out d one.

When I said 'against China'? Who said we are going to fight against China? Yes, they are our adversary and we are modernizing our forces just like others but that doesn't mean we are going to fight against China. Every adversaries doesn't fight.

Its true that India has much more influence on those countries than any other countries. China also trying to grow its influence on these countries but except Pakistan and Myanmar they have failed to influence on any of its neighbors.

The only country China had problem with is Vietnam yet 80% of vietnamese trade is with China. Taiwan is a unique case and had the love lose relationship from both side. There are discord with Japan in some issues but neither country will point gun at each other.
India has no influence in Pakistan neither on Bangladesh. It is loosing influence in Nepal and Srilanka. Myanmar is just a whoore will sleep with anybody but China always going to pay more... :azn:

The only country China had problem with is Vietnam yet 80% of vietnamese trade is with China. Taiwan is a unique case and had the love lose relationship from both side. There are discord with Japan in some issues but neither country will point gun at each other.
Trade, dispute and influence are totally different issues.

India has no influence in Pakistan neither on Bangladesh. It is loosing influence in Nepal and Srilanka.

When did I say India had influence on Pakistan??? Pakistan is heavily influenced by USA and China.

neither on BD??? Thats a joke. :lol:

India's influnce on Nepal reduced but still much more than other countries. SL is still under Indian influence.

Myanmar is just a whoore will sleep with anybody but China always going to pay more... :azn:

You may have no respect for others but don't use such word against any country. That is shameful.

A country's rulers make decision based on reality, so is Myanmar. Lets see.

One he cannot respect his own country and his own leaders cannot be expected to show respect to others. We know his posts in the past and this is not a surprise.
:cheers:

The day when India becomes good friend with China is the same day USA will label India as a "TRAITOR". LOL

LOL. I think India wants to control Burma's natural gas more than she want to fight Human Right abuse there.

"TRAITOR" ?? WHF are we a Nato ally??are we the most significant Non Nato ally??Are we receiving and Aids from them??Do they influence our internal and external policies??Why the "F" u think the yanks will label us traitors....
Instead if India gets really close to China, Pakistan will be the one to label China as traitors..

You're right, India and China will never fight each other directly. Too much to lose on both sides.

I disagree with your second paragraph though... we have influence in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, etc.

I think you are wrong to say we have no influence on our South Asian neighbours apart from Pakistan and Myanmar. Look at us building ports in Sri Lanka for example.
BBC News - Sri Lanka port built with Chinese help

If u give the srilankan port building as an example of influence over srilanka then let me clear the mist around u...

Do u know india was approached by the srilankan GOv to construct the same very port u guys are constructing and after we rejected u guys came in..
Know srilanka buys arms from pakistan and china u know Y??mostly bcoz india's internal politics in tamil nadu doesnot give it the freedom to sell arms openly.
Now do u guys know the role of RAW in defeaing the LTTE recently?
Now do u guys know that india was given access to war fronts before rest of the world??

India has no influence in Pakistan neither on Bangladesh. It is loosing influence in Nepal and Srilanka. Myanmar is just a whoore will sleep with anybody but China always going to pay more... :azn:

Really? How can you forget those Awami Dalal Hindu Indian stooges? Aren't they proof of Indian influence in BD? Ask your BD mates and they will confirm that! :azn:

India has no influence on bangladesh? did u wake up from sleep after 2 years..
More over lemme give u an xample.
India and pakistan were almost in a similar situation when we started the race.I mean india is/ was big/bigger(Money+Land) to pakistan, but india had a larger population to feed and area to protect.Over time India developed itself in every aspect, pakistan had its own priorities and developed only its military and is capable enough to defend its borders with india, not more than that.

Now even if ppl like u in bangladesh like or dislike bangladesh has no option but to side with india coz we are their immediate neighbours.

For an instance look at how Jordan (inspite of being an arab muslim country) sided with israel to save itself, although jordan hated israel.

So the conclusion line is, be friends/neutral with ur powerful neighbours or atleast become capable of challenging ur want to make adversaries else ur position will be that of a slice of cheese in between two slices of bread(i.e u ill loose ur existance when the slices are heated.)

Sorry for being harsh but its a hard fact..

Back
Top Bottom