What's new

Why India may not be such an attractive destination for supermarkets

It not good for India as alot of people in India are just starting their business and are the edge of the poverty line. Most middle class in India is on the edge of the poverty line, any economic disruption, and they will be back to rags. Supermarkets dominates these poor peoples shops, but GOI dont care cause they want FDI raining in, but this will just prove more bad for India

1) Respected Sir! You are truly a legend in your own way as well. How nice of you to think that MNC like Coke and Ikea are spending money (lets call that investment to avoid confusion) in India because they think India is *INCREDIBLE". Those people must think of India as something really cool and off the hook to spend oops invest all that money. It has nothing to do with them seeing an untapped market of over a 1 billion ppl? Thats 1Bil mouth, 1Bil products sold. So my naive neighbour, they spend money in this region to make money not because they think its "COOL"

Exactly..this goes against your previous statement

India is like a big fuss wrapped in marketing campaigns that glorifies its large population, multicultures, multi ethnic society which is in fact a major issue faced by them. People go to India with lot of high hopes but when they reach there, they are disappointed.

They know India better .

2) About the 5 trillion tourist, oh well! if you think there wasnt any other way to get that done, its your choice. Also, let me clarify on Pakistan's behalf, we have are quite busy with our own channels so we dont know about any incredible India campaign. Hence, when we think Incredible we still have multiple images to relate to it and India doesnt pop up like your wild imagination

Well lets say you are an exception here not a rule.

3) I agree money wont be falling from sky for all this but if a Pakistani was saying this it would have made more sense because we dont have local or national conglomerates as big as some of India's like Dabur, Tata, Birla, Ashok , Reliance etc. During the past many years I am sure they have contributed to your society and that can be re looked into for better steering. Money will not fall out from sky!
]

India spends around 10 billion dollar on Rural Employment guarantee scheme every year and hopes to spend 5 billion dollars on free medicines. No national conglomerates can shoulder such huge burdens.

1) I did not contradict my self because i was referring to two difference things. I cant say "Its Friday" every day day of the week or can I?
Previously i said due to marketing and giving a false image of India, when people come to india they find a different India. I am sure that incredible India campaign does not highlight people who are homeless, people who dont have electricity and that recent protest about FDI (Foreign Direct Investment). I am sure you know why they were protesting? mainly because our retail sectors, both Pak and India, is dominated by mom and pop/khoka wala etc and these people are the one whose stakes are involved, we on other side, if we dont find coca cola at one shop, we will go to the one opposite from it and get it. --- Secondly, I said, India has a huge market (no argument on this) which is already attractive enough but India still keeps on spending time and energy on glorifying it in the wrong way when infact it should be spending time and energy for other issues . So India needs not to worry about getting money because it will come as you know west has to money so they will come whether you call them or not. --> In your own words "They know India better".

2) Well trust me sir, Our TV channels and Political Programmes are way more interesting when compared to Door Darshan or dramas like kyu keh saas bhi bahu thee etc :) You must check ours out for a good laugh :)
Why i think i am not exception to rule and exception to rule will be someone who does watch indian channels is because your film industry is better then our (no comparison) but when it comes to TV entertainment, we do it better because we relate better to the local issues. I am sure you do it good at your end but over here, if you think people will change channel to watch Indian channel now you are wrong. So unless you did not include Incredible India in a major Bollywood blockbuster, what you think and say is not accurate. Sorry!

3) I agree no national conglomerate can take such burden. Do you on other hand think a foreign conglomerate will be willing to take this burden? Hell No Sir!! They will make money here and take it back. So what to do? How about national conglomerates keep doing what they do in terms of community spending and Indian policy makers can do something with multiplier effect and Accelerator effect as far as economics is concerned??? Lets Google it shall we?

Exactly..this goes against your previous statement

They know India better .

Well lets say you are an exception here not a rule.

India spends around 10 billion dollar on Rural Employment guarantee scheme every year and hopes to spend 5 billion dollars on free medicines. No national conglomerates can shoulder such huge burdens.

Back
Top Bottom