What's new

Why I wear a Burqa: Burqa gives protection and respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE MUST NOT COMMODITIZE OUR SISTERS IN THE NAME OF WOMEN'S RIGHTS.

Can't believe you are a Communist.:tsk:

Depiction of women is non-issue here. Women should be treated properly if they wear normal dress atleast. Thats not the situation in the above case.

Probably some SISTER of ours can tell us about the part of right to wear whatever they like. There can be disagreement here even among women. Anyone there... :undecided:
My view is we should let them if they want to.

This Communist guy is obviously not one by any definition of the term.

Having said that, the article is definitely not the thing to get good publicity for the burkha.

Well I neither pro or anti burqa rather it's choice of women if she want's to wear it though Muslim women should wear cloths that at least cover her sensitive part appropriately.
Burqa isn't a official Islamic dress that some like to claim rather it's came about after prophet Muhammad(S.A.W). It was the creation of rich and famous family in Arabia to cover their women from public and also for privacy for obvious reason (some one can correct if I am wrong). I see in USA almost all black American Muslims women wear burqa and I am sure no one enforced them to wear it but they chosen to.

It's also well known fact in BD that women whom wear hijab not necessarily burqa that trend to be less effected by brutality of men that has been effected by animal instinct thus hijab or burqa does give some protection.

Last edited:
Ummm this is kind of an insult to Muslims rather than anything to be proud of. It basically says we're such big horny dogs that we'd rape women if they aren't covered from head to toe.

Islam is being defined by the example of such twisted people... RAPISTS! This entire story really had no moral... Its just an incident that happened while she was confined with humans with little humanity.

HA!

The Mufti of Australia, Sheik Taj el-Dene Elhilaly, (2007), compared Western women with "uncovered meat" and held them responsible for "cats" eating them referring to cross-cultural rape cases at the time.

This was reported in the national papers at the time. The rape was a gang rape by several Muslim men on 2 young western girls. Their excuse was they, the girls, deserved it, as in not dressed as per Muslim garb etc.

The Mufti was publicly backing the rapists..

Countries who forced Burka Suppose like Saudi Arabia do not want outsiders not to wear Burqa while visiting their county. Because that’s their coutry law, so one should obey it. Other wise don’t go to their country.

I live 18 years in Saudi Arabia I have seen how these Mutawaas come in middle of shopping plaza and start hitting an America women with a stick who is not wearing a Burqa. At once I thought this is wrong they do not need to do this in middle of shopping plaza, but then on the other hand this is their country and they take these things very seriously, other wise women from their own country will be next.

I would say in the end if you are visiting any country make sure you know what kind a religion they practice and what is “ok” and “not ok” in their countries law. “Do as a roman do”.

Countries who forced Burka Suppose like Saudi Arabia do not want outsiders not to wear Burqa while visiting their county. Because that’s their coutry law, so one should obey it. Other wise don’t go to their country.

I live 18 years in Saudi Arabia I have seen how these Mutawaas come in middle of shopping plaza and start hitting an America women with a stick who is not wearing a Burqa. At once I thought this is wrong they do not need to do this in middle of shopping plaza, but then on the other hand this is their country and they take these things very seriously, other wise women from their own country will be next.

I would say in the end if you are visiting any country make sure you know what kind a religion they practice and what is “ok” and “not ok” in their countries law. “Do as a roman do”.

I think you missed the point. What we are arguing about is 'Should the romans do so?'
or should a woman be forced into a burqa?

If you are knowingly making a different point, then point taken.

hmm burqa is not mentioned in the holy texts. It originates from the deserts of arabia and is more a cultural phenomenon. Correct me if I am wrong.
But as I remember, the holy texts only state that women and men should cover their attributes. Attributes is highly relative. We know it's the sexual organs of men and women, but what about hair? in some cultures hair is sexualised while in others it's not and what about hands, ankles lips etc.
We should always remember that the profet PBUH demanded moderation and not fundamentalism.

And Indian members, please leave your Chankya diplomacy aside.

Why does communist always bring in the chanakya factor??..his ideology is like 2300 years old. why should his mauryan strategies and diplomacy work in a 21st century world in a democratic country?

Well I neither pro or anti burqa rather it's choice of women if she want's to wear it though Muslim women should wear cloths that at least cover her sensitive part appropriately.

It's also well known fact in BD that women whom wear hijab not necessarily burqa that trend to be less effected by brutality of men that has been effected by animal instinct thus hijab or burqa does give some protection.

Yes thats what I wanted to say. We live in a society and we have social responsibilities. If women are aware of their dignified roles in the society, then they must act for the sake of social good. If they drop thinking of seducing men by wearing vulgar dresses, men are bound to respect them. The report reflects such an incident, where even those men who had earlier attempted to rape a girl, was later significantly changed and began to respect her. That incident legitimizes the cause of burqa.

Thus it is not only about burqa, a particular attire, but about dressing up in a dignified way instead of showing vulgar body parts. Human beings always try to hide what cannot be displayed in public sphere. And if such hiding is accomplished through a jeans cloth, then its ok. But the jeans cloth should be designed and made in a decent way.

Just as we cannot go to school without wearing a particular uniform, we cannot come out in public without wearing a decent and civic attire. I opened the thread in this context.

And Indian members, please leave your Chankya diplomacy aside.

Why does communist always bring in the chanakya factor??..his ideology is like 2300 years old. why should his mauryan strategies and diplomacy work in a 21st century world in a democratic country?

Ohh... you will get used to him:angel:

Yes thats what I wanted to say. We live in a society and we have social responsibilities. If women are aware of their dignified roles in the society, then they must act for the sake of social good. If they drop thinking of seducing men by wearing vulgar dresses, men are bound to respect them. The report reflects such an incident, where even those men who had earlier attempted to rape a girl, was later significantly changed and began to respect her. That incident legitimizes the cause of burqa.

Thus it is not only about burqa, a particular attire, but about dressing up in a dignified way instead of showing vulgar body parts. Human beings always try to hide what cannot be displayed in public sphere. And if such hiding is accomplished through a jeans cloth, then its ok. But the jeans cloth should be designed and made in a decent way.

Just as we cannot go to school without wearing a particular uniform, we cannot come out in public without wearing a decent and civic attire. I opened the thread in this context.

Go read your books again Communist!
Marxism/Communism as a political ideology has always supported women's right to equality

In Defence of Marxism - Women & Marxism

Red Left Review: Marxism & Women's Issues

Convincing them to wear Purdah at the threat of rape is taking away their rights to equality. If you want to stop rape, why don't you stop men from looking at women ? Why punish the victim ? The people who threatened to rape the woman should have been punished.

And what's this about decency ? Why is an uncovered male face "decent" and a woman's face not ?

Why are you not considering that particular situation? It was inside a prison.

Whatever, the burqa gave her protection and respect. The burqa saved her. We cannot deny that.

I am talking about the positive effects of burqa.

You've got to be one of the most puzzling "Communist" I've ever come across. Religion and their trite rituals should be abhorrent to any self styled commie. :oops:

I see in USA almost all black American Muslims women wear burqa and I am sure no one enforced them to wear it but they chosen to.

LMAO. :rofl:

The Give and Take rules suggest that give something to get something.
If you need respect you need to earn it. In Islam, covering your body (both male and female) can earn you some respect. If some one wants to cover her self for the sake of protection than whats wrong with it? As far as the society is concerned, well, people learn from each other. just one thing:
"If you are traveling on a car and suddenly the road ends you should stop your car to escape from disaster rather than blaming the road and ending up dead."

Convincing them to wear Purdah at the threat of rape is taking away their rights to equality. If you want to stop rape, why don't you stop men from looking at women ? Why punish the victim ? The people who threatened to rape the woman should have been punished.

You are confusing decency and equality.

In some cases men are responsible for rape. But in some cases both are responsible and in some also women are responsible. We cannot accuse men alone in all rape cases. If a woman seduces a man for amusement without thinking about the serious consequences, then who should be blamed? I have come across some women who are able to arouse respect instead of lust using their body language and dressing codes. Still I respect them. A few of them were Hindus too.

And what's this about decency ? Why is an uncovered male face "decent" and a woman's face not ?

Because women have been made that way.

The issue is not regarding facial cover, but regarding decency. In some societies, covering of face is necessary, in others not. It depends upon the state of that particular society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom