What's new

Why doesn't Pakistan build an aircraft carrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know exactly what it means.You expect us to buy one from China even when the thread title says 'build'.

I was talking about building not buying hence industrial base, where is the point of buying dude when China did not make its own yet?

'free from china' :rofl: joke of the day, listen up bro we're making nuke subs i think we can handle AC

A good idea would be for us to cooperate on things like the ASBM carrier-killer missile and other anti-ship weapons.

China hasn't signed the MTCR, and even if we did, we would surely be able to find a way around it. :)

Off course you can and you should. In conventional war navy plays important role. Any country in world depend upon supply of resources, which mainly come through seas. In war time India can blockade Pakistani sea-route and hence Cripple your supply. Without supply the war can not go longer.

Pakistan need strong Navy so that it can save its cargo ships. Pakistan need half size of India NAVY. at least 1 AC, 5-6 destroyer, and many Submarines.

Pakistan gets most of its supplies from its northern border with china. Don't even get me started on how china thrashed India in the sino Indian border conflict. In terms of supplies, there is no problem

If Pakistan needs an aircraft carrier it will get it. So why speculate. Pakistan has it own ways.
Personally I think a lot of small-medium sized subs(made in Pakistan with AIP fuel cells,Stirling or MESMA) and more powerful subs like the Qing class are much needed too.
Aircraft carriers are becoming more and more vulnerable to missiles now a days.

Pakistan can built or not can buy many form china but the funds are being utilized to replace the old ships first and built new ones ACC new protection and it based on a complete fleet not just ACC

Better build destroyers with long rand cruse missiles can easily take out Indian AC from long range :agree:

Pakistan gets most of its supplies from its northern border with china. Don't even get me started on how china thrashed India in the sino Indian border conflict. In terms of supplies, there is no problem

Are you sure? Kindly check your EXIM data before commenting my post. Or substantiate your stand with valid data.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

of course! we built atom bomb in few months why not AC?

Fanboy comment... :)

an aircraft carrier dosnt operate alone - it has a full carrier group of surface and sub-surface platforms supporting / defending it. the current strenght of the PN would not suffice to support the aircraft carrier. the yearly cost of USD 500m just to operate the aircraft carrier alone is equal to the PN budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom