What's new

why does China need a huge military... military power expansion

GameSparta500

New Recruit

Reaction score
i live in America, but i respect China alot, mainly cause of its government "soft power"... "peaceful rise" politics..

China, a country which does NOT seek global hegemony, and wants to have a world, were all the countries can trade, and live in harmony

China, a country where they respect peace, unlike the west..... a country in which they know that international conflicts are stupid, and meaningless....

evidence from them not voting on the "no-fly" zone which i, respect them, (i disagree with the "no fly" zone and its just another attempt for the west, to invade another country)

A country that respects countries internal affairs, etc.... and will not allow the US and the rest of the west to bully them..

but all this info, is there really a need for a china military rise.... you guys are the one country, i respect.. cause of its peaceful approach to the international world....

why is there a need for a powerful military in china

Well, most because China is the third largest country in the world.

China also has to counter the foreign aircraft carriers in the region, which are only 500 km from Beijing.

yes i know... but the china i see, judging from your goverment's politics

is a country that does not seek hegemony, and global power, but global cooperation, and peaceful co-existant between countries...

why, youself already ansered it :lol:

and China military is not so huge... now

yes i know... but the china i see, judging from your goverment's politics

is a country that does not seek hegemony, and global power, but global cooperation, and peaceful co-existant between countries...

China has pledged never to use its military abroad.

The military is for self defense and self defense only.

why, youself already ansered it :lol:

and China military is not so huge... now

well, im just saying, you guys are a country that really doesn't focus on intervention into other countries affairs, and meaningless conflicts... i just don't see the need for a giant china military...

but i guess there will be opinions..

Our military is needed to defend ourselves, and in the future, to protect our shipping/resource lanes.

That is all.

We are a big country with long borders, so naturally our forces will be quite large.

i live in America, but i respect China alot, mainly cause of its government "soft power"... "peaceful rise" politics..

China, a country which does NOT seek global hegemony, and wants to have a world, were all the countries can trade, and live in harmony

China, a country where they respect peace, unlike the west..... a country in which they know that international conflicts are stupid, and meaningless....

evidence from them not voting on the "no-fly" zone which i, respect them, (i disagree with the "no fly" zone and its just another attempt for the west, to invade another country)

A country that respects countries internal affairs, etc.... and will not allow the US and the rest of the west to bully them..

but all this info, is there really a need for a china military rise.... you guys are the one country, i respect.. cause of its peaceful approach to the international world....

why is there a need for a powerful military in china

China had been through all the ills and pains before we got to where we are today. We've experienced and suffered from western and Japanese invasions and will not allow others to suffer the same pains by our own hands.

well, im just saying, you guys are a country that really doesn't focus on intervention into other countries affairs, and meaningless conflicts... i just don't see the need for a giant china military...

as china economy grows we have to secure our interests just like others

it's just need some time for west to accept it

well... what do you want them to do throw all their weapons in the junkyard, so that your country could sweep them and remain the "superpower" for next 100 years.

Historically, foreign invasions are likely when Chinese military power is weak. For the sake of time, I will not count anything before the 18th century. The Europeans took advantage of China's weakness and formed colonies in China. Hell, they've even forced opium down our throats. The Japanese went as far as to try to take the entire country, killing millions in the process. These lessons have taught the Chinese people that they will need to maintain a strong military to deter any form of invasion and maintain its territorial sovereignty.

Because of American intervention in a Chinese civil war, Taiwan remains an American lapdog. In addition, U.S is attempting to play world police and built military bases all over the Pacific. Somehow we're the expansionist for taking measures to protect ourselves?

China disarming? Americans first.

Every potential superpower has full right to be most powerful....its not only West's business to be a superpower.China was a superpower in past so it will try hard to become one in near future as well.

don't say "my" country, i hate the US as much as you do.....

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

yes but i don't see china going around invading countries.. (like US... iraq and afghanistan) in the future...

What's up with the use of '...'
I've seen it a common habit with some indian posters.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom