What's new

Why do Pakistanis love Kashmir?

Mere Bhai, the hindus in the valley were overwhelmingly Kashmiris. They even share the same last names as the muslims. If you mean the Dogras, their number in the valley was minimal @Jamwal's .Believe me, my maternal family is from Baramulla. I have no axe to grind here.
The Dogras in fact discouraged sikhs from coming to Srinagar therefore most of the sikhs were settled in rural areas, specially around baramulla and uri. As i mentioned before, the sikhs from Tral are converts from kashmiri pandits, whereas those from baramulla and uri came from Punjab and AJK (mirpur, bhimbher, kotli and muzaffarabad).
Mattoo is a very famous kashmiri Pandit surname shared by Muslims and Hindus even today.

Omar Abdullah's ancestors were kaul Pandit.Those who converted from other caste retained their profession instead of surname example - Hajjam (barber).

Yes there are Sikhs converted from Kashmiri pandits.Especially when 6th Guru visited here, several Pandit became sikhs.Many of whom continued their Brahman practice of shradha.

In fact the caretaker of Chati Patshahi Gurudwara was Pandit Sewa Ram Raina.

Rajput Sikhs from Jammu are well known even today.

Brig Varinder Singh a Minhas Rajput Sikh.

download (39).jpg

Mattoo is a very famous kashmiri Pandit surname shared by Muslims and Hindus even today.

Omar Abdullah's ancestors were kaul Pandit.Those who converted from other caste retained their profession instead of surname example - Hajjam (barber).

Yes there are Sikhs converted from Kashmiri pandits.Especially when 6th Guru visited here, several Pandit became sikhs.Many of whom continued their Brahman practice of shradha.

In fact the caretaker of Chati Patshahi Gurudwara was Pandit Sewa Ram Raina.

Rajput Sikhs from Jammu are well known even today.

Brig Varinder Singh a Minhas Rajput Sikh.

View attachment 300902
u from Jammu or Bhaderwah?
Are u by any chances related to the Kotwals :partay:

I am AJK national and i am afghan descendant not potowhari. 95 percent Poonchians are Afghan Sadozai so your claim is BS.
Photohari people has nothing to do with Kasmir or kashmiri . They are native people of photohar region in jhelum, Rawapindi, Islamabad etc.... Mirpuri or azad Kashmiiri may speak phari language which is similliar to photohari( because of living side by side with them) but they are not ethnic photohari

Photohari people has nothing to do with Kasmir or kashmiri . They are native people of photohar region in jhelum, Rawapindi, Islamabad etc.... Mirpuri or azad Kashmiiri may speak phari language which is similliar to photohari( because of living side by side with them) but they are not ethnic photohari
That is what i want to prove.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom