What's new

Why did a Chinese spy from BC get less than four years for stealing F-35 secrets?

Yup. Like i read in the past about Chinese Taiwanese American stealing blueprints at ABC company. The blueprint was just happen to be in a hard drive with no password to access it. The man saved the blueprint onto a floppy drive (yes you heard right). A high tech place that uses floppy disk in 2006 is not so high tech. Their secrets are not worth stealing.

Then this alleged Chinese spy put the floppy disk in a duffle bag, through it out the 4th story building . Someone below was there to catch the bag. The perp was caught because he went on a trip to China. Apparently it's illegal for US scientist to travel to China

:lol:
hahaha, its so funny, its like I am watching one of the 60's hollywood movies. lol

they best way to protect your data is to simply take it offline. i would know as common sense would tell me that the original f35 design are in a ofline server farm in the middle of ohio, alaska ,virginia or washington. and they would be deep underground with serveral power redundancies.
Not necessarily

Air gapped networks can be breached.

In case anyone is interested here is the court document:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...u-s-district-court-complaint-june-27-2014.pdf

I know what Honeypoting is mate, the problem is that the Chinese Hackers and more specifically those hackers who are working for Chinese Government are considered one of the best in the world. How do they can make such a mistake, or they aren't aware of the honeypoting? lol at least I cannot trust the worthiness of this news.

The 2 and a half years (including training) working with Military Intelligence told me this.

NOTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS ON THE OUTSIDE.

Of course now that I am telling you and your concern is raised, you will think "yeah, this is stupid as this is obviously a bait" But what if it come from somebody you trust?

Human are a pack animal, we do things sometime just because other do it too, or that someone we trust that told us that is safe, the problem is, you never know what is a honeypot or what is not at the first glance of the incident, you may think this is obvious a hack, but if you go back and reverse your train of through, since nothing is real and you can expect everything is a fake, then why do you need hacker in the first place? Since everything you do, it's always going to expect that was a honey pot.

Are Chinese hacker really that good? No one can tell, you, me, or even PLA can tell you the exact answer, you can hack something, even if you are successful in your hacking, you never know if that is a honey pot or not, and unless the other side (The side that you are hacking into) tell you honestly what did you get, and this is the only thing the other side will never tell you, there are no way you can measure how hacker do in any country.

well firstly theres no such thing as secure data, just data thats hard to get at.
you can have long postioned moles who have access to such servers, or you can find the gateway machines and get the data from there providing its a two way exchange .
as for clearences most people can only see the data and thats no good as you cant take pics as they take any electrical device of you and go through multiple checks before your even allowed to go down the lift.

True. The question is, mole is not at all dependable, you flipped once, you are going to flip twice.

The problem is never about data security, it may sound strange but this is actually the case, the problem is, and always is and always will be, how do you distribute those data. The official term we use is dissimilation

Data security only get you so far to shelter you from some sort of attacks, that is, and almost all of them can be counted by other means (like data farm - mole, or lock - keys and so on). The thing is, it is a lot easier to control how and what kind of data people access, than try to protect it from illegal access altogether. One of the way we discussed in the field is trivialize data you need to be protected, that way each person can only access fraction of the information, and say you and me are working on the same project, the data I can access is useless standalone, as well as yours is useless standalone, it will only make sense when your's and mine's are put together, and that way, even if one of us is a mole from a hostile country, that data either one of us got is useless.

I cannot tell you how this can be done, as A.) This would be highly classified B.) I have been out of the game for so long I am not sure what is going on anymore. But this is how secure data are handled with the US Intelligence circle.

oh as your your first point......... you sound like a politicain... a really bad one

Yeah, that's quite bad isn't it, whenever people say that, you can expect whatever they are talking about is happening right now and this dude just don't want to tell you in detail...

The 2 and a half years (including training) working with Military Intelligence told me this.

NOTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS ON THE OUTSIDE.

Of course now that I am telling you and your concern is raised, you will think "yeah, this is stupid as this is obviously a bait" But what if it come from somebody you trust?

Human are a pack animal, we do things sometime just because other do it too, or that someone we trust that told us that is safe, the problem is, you never know what is a honeypot or what is not at the first glance of the incident, you may think this is obvious a hack, but if you go back and reverse your train of through, since nothing is real and you can expect everything is a fake, then why do you need hacker in the first place? Since everything you do, it's always going to expect that was a honey pot.

Are Chinese hacker really that good? No one can tell, you, me, or even PLA can tell you the exact answer, you can hack something, even if you are successful in your hacking, you never know if that is a honey pot or not, and unless the other side (The side that you are hacking into) tell you honestly what did you get, and this is the only thing the other side will never tell you, there are no way you can measure how hacker do in any country.

True. The question is, mole is not at all dependable, you flipped once, you are going to flip twice.

The problem is never about data security, it may sound strange but this is actually the case, the problem is, and always is and always will be, how do you distribute those data. The official term we use is dissimilation

Data security only get you so far to shelter you from some sort of attacks, that is, and almost all of them can be counted by other means (like data farm - mole, or lock - keys and so on). The thing is, it is a lot easier to control how and what kind of data people access, than try to protect it from illegal access altogether. One of the way we discussed in the field is trivialize data you need to be protected, that way each person can only access fraction of the information, and say you and me are working on the same project, the data I can access is useless standalone, as well as yours is useless standalone, it will only make sense when your's and mine's are put together, and that way, even if one of us is a mole from a hostile country, that data either one of us got is useless.

I cannot tell you how this can be done, as A.) This would be highly classified B.) I have been out of the game for so long I am not sure what is going on anymore. But this is how secure data are handled with the US Intelligence circle.

Yeah, that's quite bad isn't it, whenever people say that, you can expect whatever they are talking about is happening right now and this dude just don't want to tell you in detail...
moles can only be used once as the second time it would be just as easy but when you think your home free....... your in the slammer for the next 50 +years. the guy who got 4 years did not get anything usefull. mind you a certain country is playing a dirty and getting graduates to work there only for them to come home a few years later and do what they did over there in their country not exactly build fighter jet but build servos, machining shops to buil precision components to the micron etc..... take a guess and no its not china or russia for that matter.

the thing is, is that if you want data so badly the first thing they expect you to do is attack the machines of the corperation. lets say its lockheed with the juicy f35. some hackers not all of them are chinese as i would expect you to know, would trying get in to lockheed machines and the most easiest way to get in is deliberatly easy to get in so they can be lured in to getting false info. or a chest of jewles. and they all leave traces. most of them are persued but not with them being arrested to find and get the bigger picture. why shut them down only for them to do it again.
its like with us during the falklands war, we had people posing as arms dealers who who would be fake, there sole purpose would be to lure them(argentina) in so they avoid the real arms dealers.
as for getting the data you need to know where to look, where to go, and when to go.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom