What's new

Why China Lags on Innovation and Creativity

:lol: South Korea does not have nukes, the capital city is near the DMZ, and North Korea does not have the balls to do anything about it. May be because malnutrition rendered North Koreans 'ball-less' both figuratively and literally...:lol:

I failed to understand this, not hitting another countries capital means "one has no balls" ? Canadian capital is pretty close... Why do North Korean want to do "something" about South Korean's capital, did South Korean sink one of NK's ships?

:lol: South Korea does not have nukes, the capital city is near the DMZ, and North Korea does not have the balls to do anything about it. May be because malnutrition rendered North Koreans 'ball-less' both figuratively and literally...:lol:
You failed in the war with them.

What are you talking about? Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were the technology icons of their era. They did not inherit their money, they made it by innovating. The computer revolution became what it is today largely because of Microsoft and Apple and its continued evolution towards ubiquitous computing is still being driven by them and companies like Google.

You misunderstand my statement. What I inferring was 2 people, no matter how important are their contributions, are really not that important compare to the well beings of 1.3 b people. Also let's say if Gates and Jobs didn't provide those innovations, there will be some one else who will step up to do the jobs. If there are no Windows, there will be some other portals. If there are no Apples, even better. You think we won't live as happily with those companies?

May I present my own theories on competitive edge:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...orld-order-road-map-future-8.html#post2758071
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...orld-order-road-map-future-8.html#post2772275

Creativity and Innovation depends on several factors:

1. nutrition
2. clean air and water
3. historical continuity
4. size of the economic system

China has problems with 1, 2 and 3. Fried food and MSG are not good for the brain.

Democracy in China in the future is inevitable, like most societies and countries on the planet.

Aren't you a false-flag Chinese?
I agree, there are quite a few fake trolls around here.

Anyhow, China is already on the diverging path of development from Japan and Korea before them, ensuring that China will not reach the Japanese/Korean level of development in the years to come.

Japan 1972 : A budding democracy
Korea 1992 : A budding democracy
Taiwan 2002 : A budding democracy
China 2012 : A totalitarian country with no possibility of democracy and freedom in the near future.
Your examples are not accurate. China's comparative stage of today is on the AVERAGE comparable to those countries more along the following timeline...

Japan 1965 : Democracy
Korea 1992 : Democracy
Taiwan 1986 : Dictatorship

If you want to use qualifiers, then you could have called Japan a paternalistic democracy while South Korea was already a more fully democratic society in the 1990s. Nobody would argue that South Korea of that time or today is anywhere close to Japan as innovators. Taiwan was not a democracy until 2000 and it already had a greater quantity and quality of innovation than South Korea despite it's much smaller population and lack of democracy. In 1997, Hong Kong was already considered a developed city-state despite the lack of democracy with a British assigned leader. If you are talking about innovation in the field of arts and culture, then there is some argument. If you are talking about science & technology, it is simply repeating the unexamined mantra of the ill-informed and ideological democracy advocates.

What are you talking about? Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were the technology icons of their era. They did not inherit their money, they made it by innovating. The computer revolution became what it is today largely because of Microsoft and Apple and its continued evolution towards ubiquitous computing is still being driven by them and companies like Google.

Apple's main innovation was in advertisement and logistics. In other words, they figured out how to get people to pay for things that were previously free.

I agree, there are quite a few fake trolls around here.

Your examples are not accurate. China's comparative stage of today is on the AVERAGE comparable to those countries more along the following timeline...

Japan 1965 : Democracy
Korea 1992 : Democracy
Taiwan 1986 : Dictatorship

If you want to use qualifiers, then you could have called Japan a paternalistic democracy while South Korea was already a more fully democratic society in the 1990s. Nobody would argue that South Korea of that time or today is anywhere close to Japan as innovators. Taiwan was not a democracy until 2000 and it already had a greater quantity and quality of innovation than South Korea despite it's much smaller population and lack of democracy. In 1997, Hong Kong was already considered a developed city-state despite the lack of democracy with a British assigned leader. If you are talking about innovation in the field of arts and culture, then there is some argument. If you are talking about science & technology, it is simply repeating the unexamined mantra of the ill-informed and ideological democracy advocates.

Unstable doesn't mean democratic. Many African warlord countries are unstable.

South Korea is an unstable military oligarchy. None of its former presidents have not been: kidnapped, jailed, sentenced to death, exiled or assassinated. Maybe Lee will be the first.

May I present my own theories on competitive edge:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...orld-order-road-map-future-8.html#post2758071
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...orld-order-road-map-future-8.html#post2772275

Creativity and Innovation depends on several factors:

1. nutrition
2. clean air and water
3. historical continuity
4. size of the economic system

China has problems with 1, 2 and 3. Fried food and MSG are not good for the brain.

Democracy in China in the future is inevitable, like most societies and countries on the planet.

You are not Bengali. Change your flag to what it really is.

korean is just sore because Seoul can be wiped out by China's attack dog NK anytime. And NK is testing an ICBM next week while SK is crying.
North Korea is an attack dog but definitely not controlled by China. The ideological conditioning of their leadership looks like it is absolute. North Korean leadership is completely illogical and totally mental if you ask me.

You misunderstand my statement. What I inferring was 2 people, no matter how important are their contributions, are really not that important compare to the well beings of 1.3 b people. Also let's say if Gates and Jobs didn't provide those innovations, there will be some one else who will step up to do the jobs. If there are no Windows, there will be some other portals. If there are no Apples, even better. You think we won't live as happily with those companies?
I completely understand what you are saying and your premise is wrong. You're saying Gates and Jobs are fat cats as if they are unjustly privileged. Then you follow that up by saying if they did not carry out those Microsoft and Apple innovations that somebody else would. I have no doubt that somebody else would. The point is that those people would also become fat cats and they deserve it. They would be the innovators and creators and it is their right to be fat cats. It is also the plight of grave diggers and drug addict blood donors to be at the bottom of society, take a guess why?

I completely understand what you are saying and your premise is wrong. You're saying Gates and Jobs are fat cats as if they are unjustly privileged. Then you follow that up by saying if they did not carry out those Microsoft and Apple innovations that somebody else would. I have no doubt that somebody else would. The point is that those people would also become fat cats and they deserve it. They would be the innovators and creators and it is their right to be fat cats. It is also the plight of grave diggers and manure recyclers to be at the bottom of society, take a guess why?

There is a different between you and me. As for me, I respect grave diggers and manure recyclers as much as I do Jobs and Gates. We all, including the bottom of the society, breathe the same air.

BTW my implication of "fat cat' only means rich peoples. In fact I respect both of them.

Who cares if china lacks creativity and innovation. The richer it gets the more innovation it will have. Money buys the best research facilities in the world, the best universities and the best minds. If Indians are so innovative, the Chinese will simply hire the Indians. The Indians already do it for the americans. If the money is right they will can get americans. If China has world class unversities, they can simply provide full scholarships to any bright young mind in the world and then employ them with big contracts......there you go!....problem solved!

So is China going to warn Korea now? Seems like that's all the Chinese do, warn, warn, warn, getting sick of all these warnings maybe its time for China to act instead of warning? :lol:

So is China going to warn Korea now? Seems like that's all the Chinese do, warn, warn, warn, getting sick of all these warnings maybe its time for China to act instead of warning? :lol:

We acted in 1950 and 1.3 million Koreans were no longer there in 1953.

We just nodded in 2010 and 50 Korean sailors are now at the bottom of the sea, and no one knows who did it.

How rapidly can China's economy move up the development ladder and become genuinely innovative and technology-driven?

Xu Xiaoping, one of China’s leading investors, “doesn’t think China will be able to produce its own equivalent of Steve Jobs or Bill Gates in this generation,” according to a recent article in The Washington Post. He expects that it will take “at least 20 years” before China’s economy becomes truly innovative and creative.

Surely its policies are directed toward that end: China has rapidly expanded its spending on universities and research and development; it has attracted R&D centers from abroad; and its level of innovation (as tracked by patents) has increased substantially.

A recently published study I conducted with my colleagues Charlotta Mellander and Haifeng Qian from Cleveland State University suggests China still has a long way to go before it becomes an advanced center for innovation and creativity. Our study, published in the journal Environment and Planning, assessed the knowledge economy across China’s major regions, tracking levels of college grads, the creative class, high-tech industries, and major universities and examining their effects on regional economic performance. Using the statistical technique of structural equation modeling, we gauged the effect of those factors over time, teasing out their strengths both individually and in combination with other factors.

There was a time when many countries (Japan, Korea and China now) was said to be incapable of making any type of decent products, but what happen now. Progess takes time isn't it? the author has pointed out that it will take at least 20 years for China to catch up, and i think it is quite possible. In 1987 the brand Samsung was equals to cheap cheap copies to most of westeners, remember? So if the Chinese goverment keep pouring money and resources into R&D, 20 year would be a reasonable time frame for China to become a innovative country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom