What's new

Why China is at America's mercy

Life ain't fair darlin'. If you wanted an echo chamber, there are plenty of American sites where I'm sure you'll be welcomed to the circle jerk.
I guess that is why despite you have the circle jerk in that other playground you continue to play here?

I guess that is why despite you have the circle jerk in that other playground you continue to play here?

Sure, on a Pakistani Defence forum, the discussion will probably be biased in favour of China's economy.

You are still free to make an argument though. If it is backed up by some sound economic principles, then it should stand on its own well enough.

And frankly, I am quite curious to see some debate from the opposing side.

Sure, on a Pakistani Defence forum, the discussion will probably be biased in favour of China's economy.

You are still free to make an argument though. If it is backed up by some sound economic principles, then it should stand on its own well enough.

And frankly, I am quite curious to see some debate from the opposing side.
You mean like this...

without china lending money to the US, the US economy collapses.
Considering how America's debt hold by foreigners is...

us_treasury_debt_2008.jpg

...May be at best %30 with China holding a slice of that figure, I wonder what 'sound economic principle' is your man trying to explain to US. And funny that how non-Chinese are usually lectured about providing sources and 'sound principles' but Chinese who violate that rule gets a pass.:rolleyes:

...May be at best %30 with China holding a slice of that figure, I wonder what 'sound economic principle' is your man trying to explain to US. And funny that how non-Chinese are usually lectured about providing sources and 'sound principles' but Chinese who violate that rule gets a pass.:rolleyes:

You're right, China cannot just "collapse" the American economy.

I have not seen any strong economic argument to support that theory, i.e. I don't believe it at all.

And funny that how non-Chinese are usually lectured about providing sources and 'sound principles' but Chinese who violate that rule gets a pass.:rolleyes:

Is "Chinese Century" a Chinese person? I thought he was just a strong supporter of China, considering his non-Chinese flags.

You mean like this...

Considering how America's debt hold by foreigners is...

us_treasury_debt_2008.jpg

thats 2008 mate, you need to update your info, in 2011 71% U.S treaury bought by foreign buyers

if china stops buying US treasuries, then the only buyer will be the federal reserve, that means massive inflation in the US because the fed prints new money to buy up those bonds, thats what zimbabwe and argentina central banks did.

Agreed !

United States Congressional Record — March 17, 1993 — Vol. #33, page H-1303 — Speaker- Rep. James Traficant, Jr. (Ohio) addressing the House:

"Mr. Speaker, we are here now in chapter 11. Members of Congress are official trustees presiding over the greatest reorganization of any Bankrupt entity in world history, the U.S. Government. We are setting forth hopefully, a blueprint for our future. There are some who say it is a coroner's report that will lead to our demise."

usapower.jpg

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known.
I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal reserve banks. The Federal Reserve Board, a
Government Board, has cheated the Government of the United States and he people of the United
States out of enough money to pay the national debt. The depredations and the iniquities of the
Federal Reserve Board and the Federal reserve banks acting together have cost this country enough
money to pay the national debt several times over. This evil institution has impoverished and ruined
the people of the United States; has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our
Government. It has done this through the misadministration of that law by which the Federal Reserve
Board, and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it". ( Mc Fadden Congressional Record, House pages 1295 and 1296 on June 10, 1932 )

As of May 2011 the largest single holder of U.S. government debt was China, with 36 percent of all foreign-held U.S. Treasury securities (16% of total US public debt).[54] China's holdings of government debt, as a percentage of all foreign-held government debt, have decreased a bit over the last year, but are up significantly since 2000 (when China held just 6 percent of all foreign-held U.S. Treasury securities).[55] -- Wiki
Detente ? :P

Back
Top Bottom