What's new

Why can't the PA kill Baitullah Mehsud, Qari Hussain, Faqir Muhammad...

Baitullah mehsud should be captured tortured severely and publically executed for crimes against Pakistan and the country. This man is responsible for the massacre of over 1000 Pakistanis. He is Pakistan's ace of spades. His death is more important than any other terrorists. The question why he has'nt been eliminated has to be answered by our government because only the other day he was talking to reporters. Dawn has a picture of him on their page.

Only god knows what is going on. From what i have been told he has sent a team of 20 suicide bombers to spread bloodshed in our cities. The islamabad blast was the work of this dirty Indian slave and his chaylay. His elimination is an absolute must for Pakistan but we have no clue why he is not being eliminated and why no action has been taken in this regard.

May be army kill them later, but first find the alternate. Because if you kill the leader then these type of groups multiply and more groups emerge through one. So, its better to deal with single enemy, rather then multiple groups.

Haider bhai
i m not agree with ur statment..if we kill the leader this will help a lot..a leader can make a thousand enemies but making a leader is very difficult..we should make him arrest nd find enemies by him..
if we let him go nd give him a free hand he will spread like a virus ..
another point ..may be the suicide bombing nd firing is not making by his taliban movment..we should careful from east too..the refusal of our first enemy will harm us more n more..

These guys are just pawns, if you play chess you know that these pieces don't matter as much in the long run.

His elimination is an absolute must for Pakistan but we have no clue why he is not being eliminated and why no action has been taken in this regard

And this allows certain "suspicions" to hold sway in not only far corners of the world but close by. News media can find him whenever they want but ISI, IB, CiD, and the Fauj just can't tell where he may be and how to get at him??

And this allows certain "suspicions" to hold sway in not only far corners of the world but close by. News media can find him whenever they want but ISI, IB, CiD, and the Fauj just can't tell where he may be and how to get at him??

Well, if we are to believe the reports in the press, the US is also targeting Mehsud and Nazir, who have both appeared in the press, and she has been unable to kill them as well.

Faqir Mohammed was targeted, but avoided being killed by seconds, and has remained out of sight since.

Perhaps the greater intelligence cooperation, and a combination of Pakistani HUMINT and American PREDATOR will bear results...

If Pakistan could target Nawab Akbar Bugti then these guy's shouldn't be a problem to eliminate.

And yet they are............

Baitullah is very much alive. He's just completed an agreement with Bahadur and Nazir to follow Mullah Omar's implorance to attack Afghanistan and not the P.A.

This is big news and has been on this board for some time now. Nazir made further statements to this treaty just the other day. You really should have put this issue of his death down immediately.

Let's please stay more informed.:agree:

Thanks.

S2
Can I ask you what is the American resistance to not fencing and mining the PakAfghan border all along its 2400 KM,and building checkposts so that cross border movement is monitored.
Regards And thanks in advance
Araz

and why can't US destroy the poppy plants in Afghanistan?

I know guys in the British army who quite frankly want to torch all the poppy fields but can't as they will alenate the ordinary Afghan population who rely on the poppy crop as a means of income.

If Pakistan could target Nawab Akbar Bugti then these guy's shouldn't be a problem to eliminate.

And yet they are............

We also successfully took out Nek Mohammed and Abdullah Mehsud.

Bugti and Balochistan presented somewhat different dynamics than FATA IMO.

We have yet to experience the sort of opposition and combat proficiency amongst the Baluch rebels that we see in FATA. The FC-Baluchistan has been largely able to maintain control on its own.

That is not the case in FATA, for various reasons.

"...and why can't US destroy the poppy plants in Afghanistan?"

saadahmed, the Bonn Accords of late 2001 gave the lead to the narcotics eradication program that was part of the ISAF mandate to the British and there it's remained.

Please read that carefully. If you are a fair man, you'll review the 2008 Afghanistan Opium Survey from UNODC. It reviews the planted hectares of opium by province.

Last year 159,000 hectares of opium were planted in Afghanistan. Do you know Afghanistan? If so, then you should know that 147,000 of those hectares was in the provinces of Helmand, Farah, Kandahar, Oruzgun, and Nimroz. All border provinces excepting Oruzgun. All under the control of British, Canadian, and Dutch troops. Helmand alone planted over 103,000 hectares last year.

Americans have dramatically reduced the opium grown in our areas of control. Nangahar was planting 24,000 hectares just a few years ago. That would easily be second place for planted hectares in 2008. Instead today it's at ZERO.

I think you ask questions of the wrong nation.

A.M. could have corrected you if he wished. I wish that he had.:cry:

Oh well, them's the facts. We're pissed too. We spend $800m a year and have results in our areas but most of our money spent is going elsewhere and doing nothing effective at this point.

We hope to change that.

"...and why can't US destroy the poppy plants in Afghanistan?"

saadahmed, the Bonn Accords of late 2001 gave the lead to the narcotics eradication program that was part of the ISAF mandate to the British and there it's remained.

Please read that carefully. If you are a fair man, you'll review the 2008 Afghanistan Opium Survey from UNODC. It reviews the planted hectares of opium by province.

Last year 159,000 hectares of opium were planted in Afghanistan. Do you know Afghanistan? If so, then you should know that 147,000 of those hectares was in the provinces of Helmand, Farah, Kandahar, Oruzgun, and Nimroz. All border provinces excepting Oruzgun. All under the control of British, Canadian, and Dutch troops. Helmand alone planted over 103,000 hectares last year.

Americans have dramatically reduced the opium grown in our areas of control. Nangahar was planting 24,000 hectares just a few years ago. That would easily be second place for planted hectares in 2008. Instead today it's at ZERO.

I think you ask questions of the wrong nation.

A.M. could have corrected you if he wished. I wish that he had.:cry:

Oh well, them's the facts. We're pissed too. We spend $800m a year and have results in our areas but most of our money spent is going elsewhere and doing nothing effective at this point.

We hope to change that.
Really?
Read this
BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Envoy damns US Afghan drug effort
"It is the most wasteful and ineffective programme I have seen in 40 years." Richard
I have also read about British forces how they were stopped from burning this poppy.This is the main source of income for Talibans.Just destroy it..do whatever it takes to destroy it.If we cut down the leaves of the tea and don't give water to tree then it will simply die (Tree=Taliban)

saadahmed,

You aren't very fair. Mr. Holbrooke is complaining about our contribution to a BRITISH LED EFFORT. We are holding up our end, sir. The UNODC evidence makes that very, very clear but you appear reluctant to accept that 2/3rds of all of Afghanistan's opium is grown in ONE PROVINCE- Helmand.

saadahmed, please?

If 159,000 hectares of opium are planted in Afghanistan and 126,000 of those hectares are planted in Helmand, Kandahar, and Oruzgan-three provinces controlled by the British, Canadians, and Dutch with a program that's directed by the British government why do you blame America?

These are very simple and accurate numbers to obtain through the 2008 UNODC Afghanistan Opium Survey. Are you ranting or do you wish for the facts, sir?

saadahmed,

You aren't very fair. Mr. Holbrooke is complaining about our contribution to a BRITISH LED EFFORT. We are holding up our end, sir. The UNODC evidence makes that very, very clear but you appear reluctant to accept that 2/3rds of all of Afghanistan's opium is grown in ONE PROVINCE- Helmand.

saadahmed, please?

If 159,000 hectares of opium are planted in Afghanistan and 126,000 of those hectares are planted in Helmand, Kandahar, and Oruzgan-three provinces controlled by the British, Canadians, and Dutch with a program that's directed by the British government why do you blame America?

These are very simple and accurate numbers to obtain through the 2008 UNODC Afghanistan Opium Survey. Are you ranting or do you wish for the facts, sir?
I am not blaming America, Steve.I just think US should do whatever it takes to completely destroy poppy in Afghanistan.I am sure it is possible to destroy poppy from air so you don't have to send soldiers to Taliban controlled areas.US enjoys Air Supremacy in Afghanistan.I just think if US successfully remove Poppy from Afghanistan then Taliaban will be in bad condition financially.

Back
Top Bottom