What's new

Why Are We So Obsessed With Being Friends With India?

Friends-With-India-1728x800_c.jpg

Joshua Song
Is it just me or have the number of positive programs and articles about India increased in our media?

Every other day there is a piece on ‘hope for Pak-India friendship’, how to better our trade relations and how we are alike as a people. The general perception is that having good relations with your neighbor will help better the regional environment. Sure, that is a perspective, but has anyone reflected on how idealistic/superficial all this sounds? Especially considering there are still multiple issues between our two countries that have remained unresolved for years. The first and foremost of course – the one which every man, woman and child is aware of – is the Kashmir issue!

Our territory, our land is under occupation by India. Just this one issue is enough to end all kinds of contact with India. If you don’t think so then ask the thousands of people who suffer at the hands of the Indian army every day; ask the Kashmiris who have lost their family members and look towards Pakistan to help end their suffering. Many Kashmiris today of course just want to be independent. Why wouldn’t they? What has Pakistan done for them?!

Then there is the LOC violation issue that crops up every few months. It’s an obvious question: If India is constantly violating the LOC, why are we the ones extending our hand in friendship?

They accuse us of the Mumbai massacre; we remain quiet.

They say we harbor Dawood Ibrahim; we offer to kiss them on the cheek.

They build illegal dams to control our waters; we are sending them gifts.

Have we completely lost any semblance of self-respect as a nation, or are we just plain blind!

Based on what I have seen and read, India is least bothered in being friends with Pakistan. Rather, if it seems to entertain us, it has its own hidden agenda.

Our economy is miniscule compared to theirs and our industries less developed. What we have to offer them is not a lot, which is why the initiatives almost always stall.

For India we are just a small annoyance. It is looking towards bigger things. For example, just recently India along with the BRICS nations signed a deal to set up a $ 100 billion bank on the lines of the World Bank. Do you really think it cares how many onions it can get from us?

We on the other hand can’t get enough of them. We want to be friends at all costs!

In my opinion, a Pak-India friendship is not going to solve anything. Your defense budget is still going to swell and you are not going to get Kashmir or any other issue resolved.

Like it or not, if we as a nation take a cold, hard, mature look at the current Pak-India situation, the future is clear:

Eventually, we will have to fight it out… everything we are doing right now is achieving nothing but delaying the inevitable.

Image Credit: Joshua Song
Why Are We So Obsessed With Being Friends With India? | Pakistan Insider
@Aeronaut @Oscar @Fulcrum15 @Slav Defence @Indos @nair @Areesh @AUz @RazPaK @blain2 @Icarus @Xeric @balixd @Bratva @cadet zain @Umair Nawaz
Its not every one few liberal traitors and Groups like Geo and Jang who sold themselves for dollars and bottle of wine long ago but we remember all the wars before us and specially 71 and revenge will be taken

Actually we dont know anything about Pak TV programs and news channels.But in India as an Indian I can say our news media is almost filled with our internal politics.
Whenever there is a shootout in border we can see'Pakistan Ceasfire Violations'.Otherwise we cant see anything about Pakistan in Indian media.Friendship issue or it concern programs are absolute zero in India.

Actually we dont know anything about Pak TV programs and news channels.But in India as an Indian I can say our news media is almost filled with our internal politics.
Whenever there is a shootout in border we can see'Pakistan Ceasfire Violations'.Otherwise we cant see anything about Pakistan in Indian media.Friendship issue or it concern programs are absolute zero in India.
Mr I follow all your news channels specially English ones your every second or third news is related to Pakistan and now for past few years its China too

Debate: PM's 'proxy war' punch - 1-The Newshour-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos
Its must watch debate for me it was hard to control my laughter when listening to Indian side @Aeronaut @Oscar @Fulcrum15 @Chak Bamu

India needs to leave Kashmir, we can then start the process of friendship that will start with increased cooperation towards economy.

Thats something that will never happen .

The earlier Pakistan & Pakistanis reconcile themselves to this fact that no nation vacates its own territory the happier they will be.

Meanwhile, India is getting along fine with or without Pakistan.

Mr I follow all your news channels specially English ones your every second or third news is related to Pakistan and now for past few years its China too

Debate: PM's 'proxy war' punch - 1-The Newshour-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos
Its must watch debate for me it was hard to control my laughter when listening to Indian side @Aeronaut @Oscar @Fulcrum15 @Chak Bamu

I already said and that day Pakistan violates ceasefire and 2 bsf jawans injured .As a PM of India it is his responsibility to
respond.But when he finish his J&K visit it is all over.
And you already concede you are watching Indian channels.I couldnt see a single Pak channel in my life .
Like I said Pakistan is indeed a subject when it comes to the Kashmir.Outside of it that nation is not a matter for us.

One warmonger is quoting another warmonger.

What a surprise!

Sirji I am not a warmonger.I posted about something that I know.thats all.But he cant agree that.

Friends-With-India-1728x800_c.jpg

Joshua Song
Is it just me or have the number of positive programs and articles about India increased in our media?

Every other day there is a piece on ‘hope for Pak-India friendship’, how to better our trade relations and how we are alike as a people. The general perception is that having good relations with your neighbor will help better the regional environment. Sure, that is a perspective, but has anyone reflected on how idealistic/superficial all this sounds? Especially considering there are still multiple issues between our two countries that have remained unresolved for years. The first and foremost of course – the one which every man, woman and child is aware of – is the Kashmir issue!

Our territory, our land is under occupation by India. Just this one issue is enough to end all kinds of contact with India. If you don’t think so then ask the thousands of people who suffer at the hands of the Indian army every day; ask the Kashmiris who have lost their family members and look towards Pakistan to help end their suffering. Many Kashmiris today of course just want to be independent. Why wouldn’t they? What has Pakistan done for them?!

Then there is the LOC violation issue that crops up every few months. It’s an obvious question: If India is constantly violating the LOC, why are we the ones extending our hand in friendship?

They accuse us of the Mumbai massacre; we remain quiet.

They say we harbor Dawood Ibrahim; we offer to kiss them on the cheek.

They build illegal dams to control our waters; we are sending them gifts.

Have we completely lost any semblance of self-respect as a nation, or are we just plain blind!

Based on what I have seen and read, India is least bothered in being friends with Pakistan. Rather, if it seems to entertain us, it has its own hidden agenda.

Our economy is miniscule compared to theirs and our industries less developed. What we have to offer them is not a lot, which is why the initiatives almost always stall.

For India we are just a small annoyance. It is looking towards bigger things. For example, just recently India along with the BRICS nations signed a deal to set up a $ 100 billion bank on the lines of the World Bank. Do you really think it cares how many onions it can get from us?

We on the other hand can’t get enough of them. We want to be friends at all costs!

In my opinion, a Pak-India friendship is not going to solve anything. Your defense budget is still going to swell and you are not going to get Kashmir or any other issue resolved.

Like it or not, if we as a nation take a cold, hard, mature look at the current Pak-India situation, the future is clear:

Eventually, we will have to fight it out… everything we are doing right now is achieving nothing but delaying the inevitable.

Image Credit: Joshua Song
Why Are We So Obsessed With Being Friends With India? | Pakistan Insider
@Aeronaut @Oscar @Fulcrum15 @Slav Defence @Indos @nair @Areesh @AUz @RazPaK @blain2 @Icarus @Xeric @balixd @Bratva @cadet zain @Umair Nawaz
Its not every one few liberal traitors and Groups like Geo and Jang who sold themselves for dollars and bottle of wine long ago but we remember all the wars before us and specially 71 and revenge will be taken
why keep fighting??
i haven't been bought out… i haven't gotten any money or a bottle of whiskey..
i just want india and pakistan to have peace and good relationships like we do with china..

India needs to leave Kashmir, we can then start the process of friendship that will start with increased cooperation towards economy.
But how would that help Pakistan's economy? Given a choice, according to the latest opinion poll, only 15% Kashmiris said they would vote for it to join Pakistan. (Link below, which needless to say, would be trashed by most Pakistanis!)

So then, even if the dispute is solved, do you really think there would be peace between India and Pakistan? Nope! It's a non-starter to begin with. The fact is that the PA would never want a resolution to the Kashmir problem. Why? For the simple reason that PA's preeminence in Pakistan would be lost. They need a reason to stay relevant, and the only way is to have a perpetual adversary and paint it as a threat to the very existence of Pakistan. India fits the bill perfectly!

So the PA needs to keep the Kashmir pot boiling till eternity.

It's an ideological divide too between India and Pakistan and thus the twain shall never meet. That's the hard truth.

In a nutshell, the Kashmir issue will never be solved. There are too many vested interests at work to ensure this never happens.We need to realize this and the sooner the better.

However, the best that can be done is to open up trade gradually for the benefit of both countries, especially Pakistan, whose GDP can shoot up by at least 2-3 %. The choice is Pakistan's.

In Kashmir, nearly half favour independence | India Insight

LAHORE:
Trade between Pakistan and India is on a continuous rise, which comes despite the fact that economic ties often get complicated in the face of political tensions between the two countries, says a research report compiled by the Saarc Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

Pakistan is very much keen to increase the trade volume and in this connection the Ministry of Commerce along with the Trade Development Authority has conducted many studies to assess whether bilateral trade will step up the pace of economic growth in the country.
The studies suggest if bilateral trade gets into full swing, Pakistan’s gross domestic product (GDP) – the total size of economy – will grow by a further 2% in the next three years and exports to India will rise to Rs250 billion in a short time, an increase of 733% from the current level of Rs30 billion.

Apart from these, Pakistan could save Rs100 billion in import of goods from India, which are currently sourced from other countries, due mainly to the low transport cost. Cheap raw material imports from India could also help in boosting exports of finished goods to Rs200 billion.

The studies show that bilateral trade will generate 500,000 new jobs in different sectors in three years. “As the size of formal trade increases, the volume of illegal trade will definitely decrease, which could generate additional revenue for Pakistan.”

Why not convert LOC into IB

LAHORE:
Trade between Pakistan and India is on a continuous rise, which comes despite the fact that economic ties often get complicated in the face of political tensions between the two countries, says a research report compiled by the Saarc Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

Pakistan is very much keen to increase the trade volume and in this connection the Ministry of Commerce along with the Trade Development Authority has conducted many studies to assess whether bilateral trade will step up the pace of economic growth in the country.
The studies suggest if bilateral trade gets into full swing, Pakistan’s gross domestic product (GDP) – the total size of economy – will grow by a further 2% in the next three years and exports to India will rise to Rs250 billion in a short time, an increase of 733% from the current level of Rs30 billion.

Apart from these, Pakistan could save Rs100 billion in import of goods from India, which are currently sourced from other countries, due mainly to the low transport cost. Cheap raw material imports from India could also help in boosting exports of finished goods to Rs200 billion.

The studies show that bilateral trade will generate 500,000 new jobs in different sectors in three years. “As the size of formal trade increases, the volume of illegal trade will definitely decrease, which could generate additional revenue for Pakistan.”

market toh kohlo apni,phir Trade increase hoga

We are not obsessed, only corrupt politicians who do not understand their enemies are doing it.

But there is still hatred for Pakistanis in India. You should work to remove that in order to maintain peace with Pakistan.

If you stop supporting terror it will vanish automatically. Basically we indian are the people who want to love and not hate unless we are put in a condition in which we will have to hate.

We should have lived like US and Canada. But yes, it will take time.

Yes but I foresee a lots of positive change in the psyche of people inspite of negative propaganda by some people and radical elements. I believe that things are moving in right direction.

So you are saying that we will not start the process of friendship ?:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom