What's new

Why a plebiscite is not possible in Kashmir.

Neemo neemo

Reaction score
Country
India
Why plebiscite in J&K is not possible in current scenario?

As we all have heard about Pakistan's continued demand for plebiscite in J&K, I would like to share my thoughts on the reasons why it is not possible in present scenario.

The resolution was passed by United Nation Security Council under chapter VI of UN Charter. Resolutions passed under Chapter VI of UN charter are considered non-binding and have no mandatory enforceability as opposed to the resolutions passed under chapter VII. Any resolution under chapter VI is non-mandatory. It is dependent on the will of the parties to follow it through or not. Hence it is not mandatory for India to conduct plebiscite in J&K. And since it is against India's national interest i do not see any reason why India should do it.

1. Even if a plebiscite was to happen according toUnited Nations Security Council 47, adopted on April 21, 1948, Pakistan was supposed to withdraw all of its forces from the territory which was the 1 condition of the resolution and which Pakistan did not until recently when Pakistan has changed the demography of the region with help of Islamist extremism in its favour. And result of that terrorism is the migration of Kashmiri pundit from valley. Unless these pundits and their successors are relocated in state, the plebiscite is not possible.

2. Pakistan has created a false govt. of so called azad Kashmir which is directly under Pakistan govt. but Pakistan has not done anything to safeguard the rights of Kashmiri in Azad Kashmir. what i mean is that nowadays the Azad Kashmir is full with Punjabi Sunni Muslims form Punjab province of Pakistan who pledge their allegiance to Pakistan and the native Kashmiri in Azad Kashmir are almost migrated to other parts. On the other hand India did everything to safeguard rights of Kashmiri with introduction of article 370. Pakistan now cannot guarantee the originality of the voters from Azad Kashmir in case of plebiscite. I mean IF there are no original voters from Azad Kashmir then what actually voting is worth of?

3. Pakistan has ceded a large area of Karakoram to China, are they going to ask back that area from Chinese, because if the plebiscite has to be done it has to be done in whole region of J&K.

4. Pakistan has created Gilgit-Baltistan as an autonomous region. They have deliberately cut that area from J&K and formed another state in Pakistan. Are they going to conduct the plebiscite there too? Because if plebiscite has to be done it has to be done according to pre 1947 J&K.

5. There lies another problem of Aksai-chin. How does the plebiscite happen there? I do not see “Democratic Republic” of China agreeing to their friend Pakistan in the process.

- Unless these questions are answered and given importance, I do not think any peaceful solution can come out of any kind of bilateral talk.

Are Pakistani really concerned about Kashmiri people?

OR

Is it just about just water of Jammu & Kashmir?

OR

Is it just about the personal vendetta due to 1971?

@Horus
@Imran Khan
@SpArK
@WebMaster
@Jaat Rock
@Abingdonboy
@IPL5
@FreedomforKashmir
@Sidak
@halupridol
@Prometheus
@AsianUnion
@danger007
@Anonymous
@pakdefender
@hinduguy
@JonAsad
@Jaanbaz
@Leader
@osama zafar

Last edited:

As we all have heard about Pakistan's continued demand for plebiscite in J&K, I would like to share my thoughts on the reasons why it is not possible in present scenario.

The resolution was passed by United Nation Security Council under chapter VI of UN Charter. Resolutions passed under Chapter VI of UN charter are considered non-binding and have no mandatory enforceability as opposed to the resolutions passed under chapter VII. Any resolution under chapter VI is non-mandatory. It is dependent on the will of the parties to follow it through or not. Hence it is not mandatory for India to conduct plebiscite in J&K. And since it is against India's national interest i do not see any reason why India should do it.

1. Even if a plebiscite was to happen according toUnited Nations Security Council 47, adopted on April 21, 1948, Pakistan was supposed to withdraw all of its forces from the territory which was the 1 condition of the resolution and which Pakistan did not until recently when Pakistan has changed the demography of the region with help of Islamist extremism in its favour. And result of that terrorism is the migration of Kashmiri pundit from valley. Unless these pundits and their successors are relocated in state, the plebiscite is not possible.

2. Pakistan has created a false govt. of so called azad Kashmir which is directly under Pakistan govt. but Pakistan has not done anything to safeguard the rights of Kashmiri in Azad Kashmir. what i mean is that nowadays the Azad Kashmir is full with Punjabi Sunni Muslims form Punjab province of Pakistan who pledge their allegiance to Pakistan and the native Kashmiri in Azad Kashmir are almost migrated to other parts. On the other hand India did everything to safeguard rights of Kashmiri with introduction of article 370. Pakistan now cannot guarantee the originality of the voters from Azad Kashmir in case of plebiscite. I mean IF there are no original voters from Azad Kashmir then what actually voting is worth of?

3. Pakistan has ceded a large area of Karakoram to China, are they going to ask back that area from Chinese, because if the plebiscite has to be done it has to be done in whole region of J&K.

4. Pakistan has created Gilgit-Baltistan as an autonomous region. They have deliberately cut that area from J&K and formed another state in Pakistan. Are they going to conduct the plebiscite there too? Because if plebiscite has to be done it has to be done according to pre 1947 J&K.

5. There lies another problem of Aksai-chin. How does the plebiscite happen there? I do not see “Democratic Republic” of China agreeing to their friend Pakistan in the process.

- Unless these questions are answered and given importance, I do not think any peaceful solution can come out of any kind of bilateral talk.

OR

OR

@Horus
@Imran Khan
@SpArK
@WebMaster
@Jaat Rock
@Abingdonboy
@IPL5
@FreedomforKashmir
@Sidak
@halupridol
All logical and well articulated points. Sadly I wouldn't expect a healthy discussion on this topic, expect a lot of rhetoric and anti-India comments but not a reasoned discussion on the very logical points you have raised.

All logical and well articulated points. Sadly I wouldn't expect a healthy discussion on this topic, expect a lot of rhetoric and anti-India comments but not a reasoned discussion on the very logical points you have raised.
My dear friend, as just a spectator here on PDF, i learned all about Kashmir, So thanks to you guys on PDF.

On a serious note, I think point no. 2 is most important.
What do you think?

Well written article :tup:

It is the Kashmir Valley that is having Muslim Majority Jammu and Leh are a different case, once Kashmiri Pandits return to their homes India will be in advantageous position.

Many in Kashmir valley are not in favor of Joining Pakistan but want to remain independent.

An Independent Kashmir is not feasible in the current scenario.

OR

OR

@Horus
@Imran Khan
@SpArK
@WebMaster
@Jaat Rock
@Abingdonboy
@IPL5
@FreedomforKashmir
@Sidak
@halupridol

My dear friend, as just a spectator here on PDF, i learned all about Kashmir, So thanks to you guys on PDF.

On a serious note, I think point no. 2 is most important.
What do you think?
Personally, I think points 1 and 3 are the most significant.

Well written article :tup:

It is the Kashmir Valley that is having Muslim Majority Jammu and Leh are a different case, once Kashmiri Pandits return to their homes India will be in advantageous position.

Many in Kashmir valley are not in favor of Joining Pakistan but want to remain independent.

An Independent Kashmir is not feasible in the current scenario.
I hear you brother.
An independent Kashmir will be mini Afghanistan of the region, breeding ground and safe heaven for terrorists, which not only will harm India, but also Pakistan and China.

Kashmir mai rehna hoga to Allah hu Akber kehna hoga. Period !!
And why is that?
Just because of Muslim majority due to changed demography which is in turn result of Islamist extremist who gladly use this war cry "Allah U Akbar"
I do not think that extremism is going to solve this issue.
These kind of extremist have only one fate - 5.3 mm from INSAS of Rashtriya Rifles. PERIOD

It is still the land of muslims. We soon will have our caliphate over there.
Just wait till NAMO lifts up article 370. We will see about the majority then.

Of course its NOT POSSIBLE. The demographics have changed considerablely and there is no going back. Kashmiris can thank Pakistan for making it this way. They pushed militants in to India, pushed the Pandits out, then they flooded their part of Kashmir with non Kashmiris! THERE IS NO WAY NOW. SRY

Of course its NOT POSSIBLE. The demographics have changed considerablely and there is no going back. Kashmiris can thank Pakistan for making it this way. They pushed militants in to India, pushed the Pandits out, then they flooded their part of Kashmir with non Kashmiris! THERE IS NO WAY NOW. SRY
Agree, would like to see the pov of pak members here.

Maybe because, to reply on a topic like this, they need LOGIC, which they do not have.
Logic has been long eluding them.
J&K was, is and will be always a part of India, the sooner they understand the better.

Why we can not kill all the people who are anti-India in Kashmir?
Who has the capability in the world to stop us in doing that?

soon there would be no one in Kashmir who could say Allah who Akbar...
Uh well i guess killing would create chaos. I think we should propser the region with development and job opportunities and show the kashmiri people where does there better future lies, India or Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom