What's new

Who’s To Blame For Terrible US-Pakistani Ties: Imran Khan Or Joe Biden?

What about the US publicly name-calling and shaming its major non-nato ally Pakistan?
Show me where USofA under present admin publicly shamed you.
If you can't, that means you are a liar, just like the author finding stupid excuses.

Show me where USofA under present admin publicly shamed you.
If you can't, that means you are a liar, just like the author finding stupid excuses.
You are again been dishonest and a liar. Not surprising though. Show me first where did I exclusively say, present admin? From the start of the war after 9/11 all the way to Trump administration, Pakistan has always been blamed and criticized for being a dubious ally. Biden administration went a step ahead and refused to even have any sort of working relationship with Pakistan.
Besides if you can choose your allies so can we. The US made it abundantly clear how it sees India, you cant tell us not to choose ours in the face of the above.

You are again been dishonest and a liar. Not surprising though. Show me first where did I exclusively say, present admin? From the start of the war after 9/11 all the way to Trump administration, Pakistan has always been blamed and criticized for being a dubious ally. Biden administration went a step ahead and refused to even have any sort of working relationship with Pakistan.
Besides if you can choose your allies so can we. The US made it abundantly clear how it sees India, you cant tell us not to choose ours in the face of the above.
Okay so Imran was so pissed at Amreeka because Hillary once used the choicest of words for Pakistan, that he took a full entourage to meet Trump at the White House. LOL!!
Is there an upper limit to your sliminess? I don't think so.

Okay so Imran was so pissed at Amreeka because Hillary once used the choicest of words for Pakistan, that he took a full entourage to meet Trump at the White House. LOL!!
Is there an upper limit to your sliminess? I don't think so.
What are you even talking about? Equating two different scenarios trying to draw a parallel? Yes, he did go because as the article itself suggests Pakistan has always tried to maintain its relations with both the East and the West including the US. It's the US that has a problem with Pakistan maintaining a policy of neutrality.

Neither are to be blamed, its just geo-politics. Pakistan has no importance because the economy is extremely weak that's why countries treat us like garbage and so does a superpower like America.

Its simple that America has no use of us anymore after they left Afghanistan, they are now totally aligned with India. Its in America's interest to see us stay destabilized so we don't pose a threat to Israel as we have very much made it clear that we are sworn enemies of Israel whereas all other Muslim countries around us are establishing diplomatic ties with them. It is also in America's interest to prop up India against China but not too much as India's potential is huge.

What we need to do is stop messing with other countries including Israel when we are so weak ourselves. Imran Khan should never have went to see Putin during the Ukraine war, because of that he came under spotlight. He should never have made speeches so openly and honestly like a moron because as a politician you must be clever in what you say especially when the country is so weak economically and politically (Not 1 PM has completed its term). I would have supported IK with everything he did if our halaat weren't so bad but it wasn't the time and he was naïve enough to do the things he did and at the end of the day he had it coming.

Joe Biden followed policies of his predecessor. US Pakistan ties were already strained pre Biden.
You don't expect a 180 degree turn in policies just after a change in the political landscape of a country. It takes time and effort.
But some motor mouth has no patience, he being an absolute nobody wants a red carpet laid out for him because the noise in his head says he deserves it.

This is such a dishonest article, why didn't the author clarify what part of "Pakistan First" policy includes publicly name calling and shaming the US? He's been doing it since Biden came to power, it worsened after US exit of Afghanistan.

What a weird logic, your dear leader espouses anti Americanism wherever he opens his mouth and then you write a tldr; rant on why how America is responsible for the freeze in ties? What audacity!

To me it seems like it is more of your hatred towards IK that is blurring your vision.

Fact is policies are vastly different. That is how Democrats and Republicans 'sees' the world and those are different lenses.

Trump went ballistic on China. Biden seems to be toning it down.
Saudi-US relations in Trump era seems very warm and cordial as compared to now.

Trump even met NK leader Kim. How many other US presidents even tried that?

In fact when IK visited US, we were fearful that both are known for just speaking out there mind and it might turn bad for Pakistan. But the two seems to be getting along well. Trump even talked about having more trade and mediate the Kashmir issue. Once Biden was in, it seems a totally different US.

Pakistan helped in evacuating US/Nato personnel from Afg. Also helped in US-Taliban talks in Qatar. What do we get in return? Sanctions ????

I still think if Trump was there instead of Biden, things would not have been so deteriorated.

Once Biden was in, it seems a totally different US.
What changed?
That he didn't give a call to Imran? That's it?

On the contrary, US has been trying to soften relations unilaterally. Remember that invitation to "Summit of Democracy"- what happened?

One must note that the US administration has been at loggerheads with our State even before this regime. Our Military and economic aid had been curtailed long before. There have been strong voices emanating in Pakistan to join the Regional camp rather than the Western camp for a long time, hence the focus on the CPEC.
Definitely, the West grasped our intentions and started moves to sabotage the process by aiding certain political groups. US ambassador Richard Olsens numerous meetings with various political figures than are well documented.
Moving fast forward IKs meeting with Trump was hailed as winning the world cup again. In this meeting, Trump clearly conveyed his dismay at our previous policies and gave reasons for not helping Pakistan financially and militarily.
Coming to Biden and the democrats, historically they have had better relationships with our political class rather than the establishment, contrary to the republicans.
Whether we like it or not Biden regime considers the present set-up as Hybrid and not fully democratic and hence the cold shoulder.
Can we revolt against any US administration, the answer is a big NO at the present. From FATF to IMF, from GSP plus to Loans from ME, from keeping our F16s airworthy to other Military issues we cannot DIVORCE uncle sam instantly.
The only solution to achieve any form of self-respect is to forge national unity, create exemplary working relationships with all the State institutions, ensure vital political stability and viability, promote rule of law in letter and spirit, bridge relationships with all the neighbours, curtail hatemongers and extremists, recognise the fact that Pakistan is not a homogeneous country, develop a new social and economic charter for all regions and finally ensure all the above is implemented by the collective WISDOM of all the stakeholders. :pakistan:
1648907511091.png

What changed?
That he didn't give a call to Imran? That's it?

On the contrary, US has been trying to soften relations unilaterally. Remember that invitation to "Summit of Democracy"- what happened?
1: Read my full post for what changed. Seems strange that from all the post, you quoted my last sentence and then ask exactly what i explained in previous paragraphs. Read my complete answer again for 'What Changed'
2: So you agree it was Biden who didn't call. There goes your whole argument :p:
3: How convenient that you remember the Democracy summit but forgot many similar events where Pakistan was snubbed for example the Environment summit (in Apr 2021) before the democracy summit.

The yanks do not value sell outs. They will use you like tissue paper as they always have done. Atleast make Pakistan a Japan for the trouble. You get nothing and what you have will be taken from you too.
They want a Philippine / Japan type relationship with large American bases who can bang chicks when on shore leave.

1: Read my full post for what changed. Seems strange that from all the post, you quoted my last sentence and then ask exactly what i explained in previous paragraphs. Read my complete answer again for 'What Changed'
Nothing in your reply what changed post Biden. I quoted the part that was relevant.

2: So you agree it was Biden who didn't call. There goes your whole argument :p:
So Pakistan's whole Foreign Policy and relationship b/w the two countries is dependent on a call. Okay.

3: How convenient that you remember the Democracy summit but forgot many similar events where Pakistan was snubbed for example the Environment summit (in Apr 2021) before the democracy summit.
It was probably an oversight, and it was corrected as well.

So US keeps extending olive branches, you keep rejecting them (highly likely to please Chinese for more loans under the facade of newly found "strategic autonomy"), your dear leader can't keep control on his tongue and here you write 3x4 size paragraphs on why US is responsible for deterioration in ties. Boring. 🥱

Last edited:
its the deep state USA's mind set & its ignorant population that does not hold its state to account for incessant interference and illegal wars.
They have different standards of freedom for its own citizens and others.

Neither party is solely responsible. This is merely a derivate of divergent self interests between two countries. 🤔
It is nothing more than the ego of a man who expected a call from Biden and caused diplomatic challenges for Pakistan when he did not get the call.

What the person did next was to spread a web of disinformation and lies based on something which can only be considered loose chitchat between 2 officials (if that) where one official supposedly passed a comment how relations between Pakistan and the US were not doing good under Imran Khan which was blown all out of proportion for personal face saving and attempt to cause anarchy in Pakistan.

Pakistans relationship with the Taliban destroyed the US RELATIONSHIP.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom