What's new

Who will be the next Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJSC)

In your opinion next CJSC to be made from which Service ?

• Army

• Navy

• Airforce

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, but still from Arty, was pointing out to the old man mastan.
Artillery is fighting arm....
Infantary, Armour and artillery are 3 main fighting arms... rest like ordinance, supply and medical are supporting arms.

New CJCSC can be from any service but someone from air force or navy should get a chance. However, would CAS and CNS even want the job? From the army it's different as a 3-star officer is promoted to this job. Would that be the case for air force or navy?

New CJCSC can be from any service but someone from air force or navy should get a chance. However, would CAS and CNS even want the job? From the army it's different as a 3-star officer is promoted to this job. Would that be the case for air force or navy?

Yes. There will be two Air Chief Marshal's if PAF gets a chance this time. Similarly two Admiral's of the Navy.

Yes. There will be two Air Chief Marshal's if PAF gets a chance this time. Similarly two Admiral's of the Navy.
Goes without saying. My question was, if a CJCSC comes from air force , would a 3 star office be promoted and appointed directly as CJCSC? or will it go to CAS and then CAS is replaced by a promoted officer? And in the latter case would the CAS really want the job? Same thing for navy.

Former army chiefs have have served as CJCSC simultaneously as being COAS (Karamat & Musharraf). Could that happen for CAS or CNS?

Goes without saying. My question was, if a CJCSC comes from air force , would a 3 star office be promoted and appointed directly as CJCSC? or will it go to CAS and then CAS is replaced by a promoted officer? And in the latter case would the CAS really want the job? Same thing for navy.

Former army chiefs have have served as CJCSC simultaneously as being COAS (Karamat & Musharraf). Could that happen for CAS or CNS?

It is PM discretion to either appoint a serving Chief of Air Staff as Chairman Joint Chief or promote a serving 3 star from either of the branches.

In Sohail Aman's tenure as CAS, he was being considered to be posted as Chairman Joint Chief. But later it was mulled due to some reasons I cant disclose here.

In case of other arms, CAS or CNS will be elevated to CJSC. In that case Prime Minister Imran Khan has to pick Chiefs for 2 different arms.

It is PM discretion to either appoint a serving Chief of Air Staff as Chairman Joint Chief or promote a serving 3 star from either of the branches.

In Sohail Aman's tenure as CAS, he was being considered to be posted as Chairman Joint Chief. But later it was mulled due to some reasons I cant disclose here.
Was it something to do with giving favors to someone?

CNS Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi is very active and competent chief. I think he would be a right choice this time specially when Pakistan Navy is going through Modernazation and increasing its Fleet size through new purchases.

The existing Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committee, General Zubair Mahmood Hayat will be retiring on November 27, 2019.

As per the statute the chairman is selected based on seniority from all three branches of the Pakistan Armed Services (Army, Navy and Airforce).

If we see precedence then the appointment of CJCSC is again likely to be made from Pakistan Army, but since now Pakistan Navy claimed to have attained ‘Credible Second Strike Capability’ by successful test of the nuclear-capable Submarine Launched Cruise Missile (SLCM) Babur III. What are the chances that the next CJSC to be made from Pakistan Navy ?

I think a huge number of ground forces formations makes CJCSC from army as favorite but this is no compulsion.

I think a huge number of ground forces formations makes CJCSC from army as favorite but this is no compulsion.

CJCSC post should be rotated in all 3 services.

Theres a debate going on, whether Army Chief should be given an extension. If extension is given would it be as COAS or as CJSC ?

Things have become interesting Now..........

As we all know that the Army chief has got extension. Who would be the next CJCSC ? I am pretty sure COAS might not want any 6 to 8 courses junior officer to be CJCSC as he would be saluting him. Secondly in the current situation i dont think just like COAS the goverment would want to change CAS as he has done a marvelous job in current engagement with India. I think the Naval Chief has very much chances to be elevated to CJCSC as hes very much competant and almost have same seniority as QJB.

If General Bajwa wants to be remembered on good terms he should leave the office along with General Zubair. As for CJSC until this post is really made powerful post who ever becomes one will be ceremonial thing and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom