What's new

Who made Pakistan nuclear reactors?

UzaySan

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello my pakistani friends. I want to ask a few questions. We all know pakistan is a nuclear power and has nukes but what i wanna ask is

Are those nuclear power plants pakistani made?

If it is how many reactor type can pakistan build ?

I assume they are all fission reactors? But what about fussion? does Pakistan working on fussion?

Very informative. do you guys working on fussion?

You guys? i dont work for PAEC, they keep it secret. talks on nukes is considered taboo on mainstream media unless something important happen.

my guess is Most probably, if you look at other nuclear power they achieved fusion within decade of first successful test.

Hello my pakistani friends. I want to ask a few questions. We all know pakistan is a nuclear power and has nukes but what i wanna ask is

I assume they are all fission reactors? But what about fussion? does Pakistan working on fussion?
At first we gthered the requirements from black market and other sources.
Currently, we have sufficient knowledge, technologies and research for our nuclear program. We can produce the centrifuges ourselves and even after large scale destruction after 2005 earhquake, we were soon back to where we were.

You have little idea how much restrictions are in place for Pakistan on nuclear and missile technology. Even or closest friends including China have to reject us in many areas.

However, we hqve come a long way and are relatively self-reliant when it comes to our nuclear program.

We had our first nuclear plant thanks to france. Later China gave us a helping hand.
We have nuclear reactors which are used separately for civilian and military purposes. We are also interested and have invested to produce electricity from nuclear energy.
Our nuclear program is only used for deterrence. We are fully aware of the risks and responsibilities of being a nuclear power.

We can explode a fussion bomb/device but fussion reactor
Is beyond our prowess as of now

What does this mean?

Very informative. do you guys working on fussion?

Controlled fusion reactors are still far away, there are theoretical reactors may be a couple experimental small scale but what they really lack is control of temperature (I think beyond 1 million Degrees) and containment at the moment for any commercial/large scale application. Last I read Ellon Musk a.k.a Tesla CEO wanted to invest heavily in this area and develop a fusion based power generation solution which would fit a container. The answer is no we don't have the capability right now.

Explosion yes we can.

At first we gthered the requirements from black market and other sources.
Currently, we have sufficient knowledge, technologies and research for our nuclear program. We can produce the centrifuges ourselves and even after large scale destruction after 2005 earhquake, we were soon back to where we were.

You have little idea how much restrictions are in place for Pakistan on nuclear and missile technology. Even or closest friends including China have to reject us in many areas.

However, we hqve come a long way and are relatively self-reliant when it comes to our nuclear program.

We had our first nuclear plant thanks to france. Later China gave us a helping hand.
We have nuclear reactors which are used separately for civilian and military purposes. We are also interested and have invested to produce electricity from nuclear energy.
Our nuclear program is only used for deterrence. We are fully aware of the risks and responsibilities of being a nuclear power.
ykUPcix.png

Thank you guys for your time and explaining me. I'm happy to see that pakistan reached considerable level in nuclear area. I hope we can learn something from you.

Controlled fusion reactors are still far away, there are theoretical reactors may be a couple experimental small scale but what they really lack is control of temperature (I think beyond 1 million Degrees) and containment at the moment for any commercial/large scale application. Last I read Ellon Musk a.k.a Tesla CEO wanted to invest heavily in this area and develop a fusion based power generation solution which would fit a container. The answer is no we don't have the capability right now.

Explosion yes we can.

as far as i know china launched in 100 million degress for ten seconds. Its a great success. before that germany launched fusion 100 million degrees for 0.5 second.

for Container size fusion reactor an american company "Tri Alpha Energy" working on it an i suppose they lauched succesfully.

Last edited:
First reactor Pakistan had was given by USA under Atoms for Peace deal during Eisenhower's Presidency. Second was I think built at KANUP by Canada. France did not give us any nuclear plant, they reneged on the agreement to build a processing plant.

We didn't have such universities , research facilities, & skilled people for nuclear Program, few Islamic countries helped us financially as it was called Islamic nuclear bomb before.
Nuclear program was inevitable after we lost East Pakistan. We did it through legal & illegal channels .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom