What's new

Who is India's better friend than Bangaldesh

I don't wish to spoil your thread pal but as a citizen of Bangladesh(though I have doubt) shouldn't you be asking question like this:

Who is proven and good friend of Bangladesh in the time of need?

Instead you decided to open a thread to ask Indian related question in BD section. You think about India and it's interest as if India really care about Bangladesh.

No wonder Bangladesh is disarrayed and floating in the sea with aim to reach any destination. :angry:
Mubarak for being an Indian lover.....................:D

Well said brother. It just surprised me that someone is so obsessed with doing a favor to the enemy who is engaged in his sinister plans. Sadistic. It seems someone has already started celebrating the doom's day.

we all south-asians come from the same country...but the thought of our ever sharing the same flag might be revolting to many now...
it's funny that we Indians, Bangladeshis and Pakistanis used to be one country sometime back...it's not that political dynamics that baffle me but the mentality of the people who 50-60 yrs back would have died for a common cause...who'd have thought....these 60 years have produced three distinct nations...each carving a different niche for itself...and armed to the teeth...

If at all there is any ill will between India and BD, it is because of anti-india attitude of BNP party and the Razakars.

What an Indo-mania...!!! :woot:

Well given the ground realities, I would say, none of the five should enjoy the friendship of India. If Bangladesh is India's friend, China, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Nepal will be enemies of Bangladesh and India. If Russia is India's friend, China and America will be enemies of Russia and India. If USA is India's friend, Russia and China will be enemies of the USA and India. If Nepal is India's friend, China and Pakistan will be enemies of Nepal and India. If Israel is India's friend, the entire Muslim world will be enemies of Israel and India.

It is good to see a friendship between India and Pakistan, but then Pakistan will lose all her ties with China. Will it be a pragmatic decision? Can India become a good substitute in the place of China? Will ever India help Pakistan financially and militarily? True friendship is like a mirror, if somehow it is broken, it will never be possible to restore the previous state of the mirror. Hope Pakistan has enough brain to understand this issue. Because in the future I see China as the next superpower.

Only if International affairs were this simple. It does not necessarily mean that if India is friendly with Bangladesh, they will necessarily share all the enemies as well. Best example to quote can be India having good relationship with Russia and USA. Even when India started developing relations with Israel, we kept the Arab countries informed and I am yet to observe any deterioration in relationship with them.

Sri Lanka has had very friendly relations with India as well as China, I don't see how it can be different for Bangladesh or Pakistan for that matter to balance relations between two neighbours.

Also there is some racist enmity between China and India, and hopefully it will never end.

A hatemonger if there ever was one. I truly pity people like you who actually wish for 2 billion people to hate each other. Unfortunately for you there is no racism between India and China.

More than having BD as best friend what India needs more is to keep it cultivating as friend, but it doesnot look so at least for now. Having bangladesh as independent country has immense strategic implications for india. In simple words if it was east pakistan today then we would have had nuclear neighbour on both sides.

There you have it my friend. A honest truth I can appreciate. As I have always been saying that creation of Bangladesh has done more good to India than we Bangladeshi. It was Indian game plan to break united Pakistan and now India will do what ever to stop reunion of Pakistan and Bangladesh as two brotherly nation with same ideology.

I don't understand the purpose of this thread. It just seems another excuse to kiss India's butt and hope that we get a pat on the back for doing so. What India really needs to a square kick to the groin and hopefully that will make it more amenable to its neighbours.

i see not only bangladeshi are our brothers ,Pakistanis as well as lankans but i observed on this forum that people who are 'very religious' by nature really don't wanna see India or Indians be friends with others.
but its going to happen. it might take a long time but it will happen. people who suffer from' i hate india' syndrome is increasing this time interval.

There you have it my friend. A honest truth I can appreciate. As I have always been saying that creation of Bangladesh has done more good to India than we Bangladeshi. It was Indian game plan to break united Pakistan and now India will do what ever to stop reunion of Pakistan and Bangladesh as two brotherly nation with same ideology.

So you would rather still have Bangladesh as East Pakistan? You want to remain being a Pakistani? You regret the freedom of Bangladesh?

On a side note, i really think its high time we start extending help unilaterally if needed to some of our neighbours:

Bangladesh
Nepal
Myanmar
Bhutan

We already have fantastic relations with Bhutan. Amongst all our neighbours, we have the best relations with Bhutan.

With Myanmar, we are supplying them with military and economic aid to counter Chinese influence there. We were earlier stuck about the pro democracy stance, and demanded release of Syu Ki. India even sanctioned Myanmar and refused any dealings with her. The Chinese stepped in to fill the vacuum, and we lost a LOT of the advantage we had there. The govt now however has changed its strategy there, we actively help the miilitary junta there. And things will only get better if democracy returns there.

With regards to Bangladesh, its a heck of a lot more complicated. There are people in that country who would still rather be a part of Pakistan. One of the two major political parties ie the BNP is anti-India to the core. India has to do something about that. Either change BNP's outlook or somehow neuter the Islamist/Ummah type tendencies, so the country becomes anti-BNP, forcing the party to change its policies. Develop relations with all levels of the Bangladeshi hierarchy.

It is of utmost importance that we cultivate excellent relations, not merely good relations with BD.

As regards to Nepal, i believe India has already played a masterstroke there, the removal of Prachanda, the expose of a tape of Prachanda's, now famously called Prachandagate. It has actively prevented Nepal from signing the Treaty of Friendship with China which would have been done in the next few days otherwise.

There exists a tremendous amount of good will for Bangladesh amongst Indians,,,... India's best friend will be Bangladesh, followed by Nepal,Bhutan,Srilanka, people forgot Maldieves, Singapore, China, regret to say Pakistan the least. Although I would like 2 see Pakistan rise on the list.

I think we are forgetting Iran & Afghanistan.

Iran, though a bit suspicious after India-US-Israel axis started getting stronger, is still a very good friend & ally. And one of the possible supply routes for Indian army in Afghanistan, if at all Indian armed forces join NATO in Afghanistan some day, in large numbers.

Afghanistan is wary of Pakistan after what Taliban did to them with Pakistani support. And is wishing to create lasting relations with India. So are we. We are also involved in some heavy development work out there.

I don't wish to spoil your thread pal but as a citizen of Bangladesh(though I have doubt) shouldn't you be asking question like this:

Who is proven and good friend of Bangladesh in the time of need?

You tell me who is proven & good friend of BD. Pakistan, whose army was on a killing spree in 1971?

India has good relations with all in South Asia except Pakistan !
I would rank in the following order :

Bhutan
Nepal
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Myanmar

Other friendly nations in the region

Afghanistan
Iran
Myanmar
Laos
Thailand