What's new

Which space launch systems are better? India or China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but since 1996, China hasnt built any heavy launch rocket. Their LM3b is not advanced as the gslv mk3. Any rocket enthisiasts whould know why. U cansearch up on ur own. Their new LM5 is very advanced as mk3 but can carry heavy weights.

I cannot believe the ignorance of Indians on this forum.

The Chinese have already launched a Mars exploration probe back in 2011.

Yinghuo-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Long March 5 triples the payload of the GSLV MK3...

*The only countries able to produce rockets delivering higher payload than the LM5 is the United States and the former Soviet Union. Present day Russia does not have the capability.

The stage of space program development for the 2 countries are so far apart, it's incomparable. Despite the fact that India is behind even in probing, the true difficulty in space, is manned missions. It's one thing to say that you probed the Moon, and another when you want to land on it. India has never delivered a man into space.

The Chinese have already launched a Mars exploration probe back in 2011 and has already been in orbit for over a year

*The only countries able to produce rockets delivering higher payload than the LM5 is the United States and the former Soviet Union. Present day Russia does not have the capability.

The stage of space program development for the 2 countries are so far apart, it's incomparable. Despite the fact that India is behind even in probing, the true difficulty in space, is manned missions. It's one thing to say that you probed the Moon, and another when you want to land on it. India has never delivered a man into space.

LOll please open the wiki link u put up and read what happened to the probe......I can see your ignorace wide and clear loollll

Anyways thanks for a great input on the topic.

GSlV mk3 can carry upto 15 max and chinese lm5 25. Their rocket is great. No doubt they are ahead in the game.

The Chinese have already launched a Mars exploration probe back in 2011 and has already been in orbit for over a year

i can't believe chinese members here are so ignorant they dont even know what happened to their mars orbitter :rofl:

LOll please open the wiki link u put up and read what happened to the probe......I can see your ignorace wide and clear loollll

Anyways thanks for a great input on the topic.

GSlV mk3 can carry upto 15 max and chinese lm5 25. Their rocket is great. No doubt they are ahead in the game.

1) No, the MK3 can only deliver 4-5t into non-elo (most military satellite orbit) and 10t into ELO (orbits for civilian communication satellites), while the LM5 carries 14 and 25 respectively. You do the math.

Comparison of orbital launch systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) The discussion was about "lanching," although I did hiccup on the orbit status. Mohammed Singh merely declared a launch. Who knows what will happen to it as you don't need to look back further than last year to know that Indian rockets are known to fail.

You don't have to show your illiteracy everywhere indian. It gives a bad name to an already bad India's education system.

Gotta give it to Bangladeshis. A few months ago these guys were crying because they wanted us to open our markets so they can make and sell underwear in our country. And these guys are trying to mock our space program :lol:

Go make underwears for us, and leave the rocket and space capabilities to countries that actually have scientific schools, not madrassas :hang2:

China has a 5-7 year edge but this is understandable. ISRO is catching fast and I am sure that in a few years there won't be much in it.

+ and 2025 for human space flight?? it will be before 2020 easily.

Has India selected the candidate of astronauts yet? What is ISRO's plan for sending man to space?

I am not undermining their space program, but I am avoiding someone undermining Indian Space Program.

their space program like ISRO is also a significant one for humanity.

also India will have heavy lift capability in 2-3 years with MK3. (which I believe is the only one area India is behind)

Hari Sud, is that you?

You should stop talking about what India is going to do and focus on accomplished results.

India has targeted to send a human being into space by 2025.

Nobody knows if they will meet the deadline or not.
cut the Cr@p....If ISRO is given the $1.5 billion fund needed they will surely do it

1) No, the MK3 can only deliver 4-5t into non-elo (most military satellite orbit) and 10t into ELO (orbits for civilian communication satellites), while the LM5 carries 14 and 25 respectively. You do the math.

Comparison of orbital launch systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mr joker...add 2 more S200 boosters to GSLV mk3
famille_gslv_mk3_4.jpg

2) The discussion was about "lanching," although I did hiccup on the orbit status. Mohammed Singh merely declared a launch. Who knows what will happen to it as you don't need to look back further than last year to know that Indian rockets are known to fail.
Like Chandrayaan which found water on the moon:woot:

Has India selected the candidate of astronauts yet? What is ISRO's plan for sending man to space?

Well it all depends on the Gslv mk3. Dude the mk2 is pretty much a failure with a horrible 50% success rate. According to recent interviews and presentations that I saw all scientists have said that the designs and the testing for space module is going on. Russian help and support is rumored to be there but not sure. Crew escape systems are under fabrications, space food is being prepared and space suit is being worked on.

The mission has been approved by the planning commission and the only clearence left is the central govt which has asked Isro to first demostrate a reliable rocket and then ask for funds.

Geopolitics magazine recently reported that the selection process of astronauts has been started.

MK3 needs to hit space flawlessly otherwise its all over..

Indian perspective on Manned Space Missions - reasons & necessary Technologies [Aero India 2011] - YouTube

cut the Cr@p....If ISRO is given the $1.5 billion fund needed they will surely do it

The Indian Government said that India would be growing at 9.5% for the next half-decade.

Wall Street Journal - Review & Outlook: India Fades

It was only last summer that the Indian government forecast that the economy would grow at an annual rate of 9.0% to 9.5% for the next half-decade. So it came as a shock Thursday when new data revealed the economy slowed to a 5.3% annual clip in the January-March quarter.

What happened to that? Now you are growing at 5%.

India is notoriously bad with meeting projections, the Commonwealth Games for one.

It is more interesting to see the sino-US race. BTW Japan have a aging population and a stagnant economy and so are not involved in space tech that seriously. That doesn't mean that they are inferior in tech than a country like India.

We don't want to humiliate our motherland by comparing with your country. Bangladeshis look up to E.asia as model for development. We don't have 700 million people without having proper sanitation
and 50% below poverty. We also don't have the rape capital of the world. Compare your selves with zimbabwe or congo.:)
with all due respect for bangladresh's growth story ,BD's per capita income is still behind india which means average an indian is richer than a bangladeshi put that in your mind, plus your holy land was liberated by a country comparable to congo shame on you............ and the thread is about space launch systems so despite the fact that india has poor sanitation and rapes indian SLVs cannot be compared with the most sanitation filled rape free country on earth(i wish i had a BD flag in the smiley list ) but :china: they will settle for this flag...........

tomorrow will be ISRO's 100th launch so now may be some people will be able to under stand how matured this organisation has become over the year...:hitwall:

Isro’s 100th mission: PSLV-C21 on September 9

September 9 will be a historic day with the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) taking up its 100th mission — the launch of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C21) from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.

The space agency has undertaken 99 missions, including 62 satellites and 37

launch vehicles, since the launch of the Aryabhatta in 1975. “PSLV-C21 will be our 100th mission, and it is likely to be launched on September 9. It will be a momentous occasion for the country. This launch will essentially be for commercial purposes,” an Isro official said.
SPOT-6, an advanced French remote-sensing satellite built by ASTRIUM SAS, will be launched on board the PSLV-C21. Besides the 720-kg satellite, the launch vehicle will also carry Proiteres, a 15-kg Japanese spacecraft.

“The objective of the Isro is to develop space technology, and use it for various national tasks. With the initiation of various kinds of space missions, considerable expertise has been generated. Scientists are now coming up with proposals for new missions,” the official said.

The PSLV is capable of launching satellites weighing 1,600 kg in the 620-km sun-synchronous polar orbit, and those weighing 1,050 kg in the geo-synchronous transfer orbit. It stands at a height of 44.4 metres and has lift-off weight of 295 tonnes. With a mechanism constituting four stages, the launch vehicle uses solid and liquid propulsion systems alternately. The first stage, powered by one of the largest solid propellant boosters in the world, carries 139 tonnes of propellant. A cluster of six strap-ons are attached to the first-stage motor, four of which are ignited on the ground and two in the air.

Till April, there have been 20 successful PSLV flights in a row. After its 100th mission, Isro is likely to launch the 3,400-kg communication satellite GSAT-10 on any date between September 21 and 23 by European space consortium Arianespace's Ariane-5 rocket from Kourou in French Guiana.

Isro

MK3 needs to hit space flawlessly otherwise its all over..

So what other recourse does India have if MK3 fails? How many chances would ISRO have to get this rocket right? What many successful launches does India need to trust putting human space flight on this rocket?

So what other recourse does India have if MK3 fails? How many chances would ISRO have to get this rocket right? What many successful launches does India need to trust putting human space flight on this rocket?

Atleast a decade India wont attempt a human launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom