What's new

Which is the second best BVR fighter (after F-22)?

Also, low RCS of Naval Mig 29K/ UPG/SMT and powerful Radar gives an edge over SU 30MKI

Cobra_Manuever.jpg

2.Rafale/Typhoon/Su-35.
3. GripenNG/F-16 block60/Super hornet
4. Su-30MKI.

Hi,

You have to look at it this way---gripen has made a daring move with its NG upgrade---and to come out in the open and challenge every aircraft in the industry just like that-----there must be something behind it to make that claim.

With an auto engr background---I know what kind of capabilities did Saab had when they made those Saab 600's---900's etc---a very high quality product---.

With this unique capability of rotating / repositioning radar which gives it the side view as well---and the most advanced bvr missile in the arena---I will have to stop and re-consider this unique capability. The swedes always come up with something unique and challenging---it is their engineering brains that think different.

I personally would not sell them and their product short---. I would say that the Gripen is right up there with the other european and american aircrafts after the f22 and F35---.

How is the Loiter time, without aerial refueling? Besides the marketing stuff, what does the real data say?
Does it have the "long legs" to penetrate enemy air defenses, deliver it's load, and return in one piece?

It's under powered engine issue is yet to be properly addressed., not only for Hot and High conditions, but payload.

It is a good air defence fighter, but that is all. Anything else and you are pushing your luck. Now this becomes difficult for an Air Force to justify, i.e. it's buying an aircraft that is only good at one role, and not multi-role.

Lastly, the engine is American, so any country buying it has to keep in mind that this is NOT entirely a Swedish product, and American sanctions tomorrow could seriously hinder it's ability to operate.

Given all the above, best to go for Rafale or EF, if a non-American product is sought. On the other hand if the US is not an issue, than try and get EDA F-16's from the US and upgrade them to "V" specs.

In BVR combat IAF and Naval Mig fighters have the advantage of both offensive and defensive capabilities of Russian Long Range BVR (90 - 120 km +) apart from force multiplier like Jammers etc from Israel.

View attachment 307000
View attachment 307001

Also, low RCS of Naval Mig 29K/ UPG/SMT and powerful Radar gives an edge over SU 30MKI

Your claim of Mig-29 having low RCS is like Sunny leone saying she is one man girl.
Do you have any official figure or like a typical fanboy are copy pasting as fast as possible to troll?

In BVR combat IAF and Naval Mig fighters have the advantage of both offensive and defensive capabilities of Russian Long Range BVR (90 - 120 km +) apart from force multiplier like Jammers etc from Israel.

View attachment 307000
View attachment 307001

Hi,

At maximum range---russian bvr missiles have a very low probability of kill--that is why---aircraft like the su 30 are programmed to launch a barrage of missile---2--4--6 at each target.
How is the Loiter time, without aerial refueling? Besides the marketing stuff, what does the real data say?
Does it have the "long legs" to penetrate enemy air defenses, deliver it's load, and return in one piece?

It's under powered engine issue is yet to be properly addressed., not only for Hot and High conditions, but payload.

It is a good air defence fighter, but that is all. Anything else and you are pushing your luck. Now this becomes difficult for an Air Force to justify, i.e. it's buying an aircraft that is only good at one role, and not multi-role.

Lastly, the engine is American, so any country buying it has to keep in mind that this is NOT entirely a Swedish product, and American sanctions tomorrow could seriously hinder it's ability to operate.

Given all the above, best to go for Rafale or EF, if a non-American product is sought. On the other hand if the US is not an issue, than try and get EDA F-16's from the US and upgrade them to "V" specs.

Hi,

I think it is a great aircraft for smaller nations who do not have a large " resourceful " enemy----. It has similar or a little bit more combat radius than the F35---.

@Khafee

I think that South Africa made a mistake when they ordered the Gripen. They had no known enemies----. They just needed and good aircraft---and that was the JF17---.

And then---they could have developed---avionics and weapons for that aircraft.

That way---they would still have an aircraft similar to the Gripen in capabilities---but then would also have the opportunity to market their weapons to other nations as well.

I seriously think that south africa missed the boat on that deal.

Your claim of Mig-29 having low RCS is like Sunny leone saying she is one man girl.
Do you have any official figure or like a typical fanboy are copy pasting as fast as possible to troll?
I was taliking about Naval Mig 29K read it again, not older Mig 29, due to composites and RAM.

What is a BVR ? is it really an acronym , or is it meant to mean something ?
or is it meant to exclude the french rafael and mirage fighters

But not ready for action...
agreed but at least we are trying why should we stop owr R&D effort just because we can buy the similar or better product in market which also we are buying its a long term plan as all the techs devloped for Tejas programme will and are used on many other products ... wish india luck ... cheers mate

What is a BVR ? is it really an acronym , or is it meant to mean something ?
or is it meant to exclude the french rafael and mirage fighters
BVR means Beyond Visual Range Missile here they are talking about its air to air versions and in that the best fighter today is F22 then F35 then F15SE then F16E/F thenSu35/MKI Then Mig29 if you keep all euro canards owt of the race

with all deu respect talking of Sunny Leone :woot::woot: in the morning :nono:

looks like you partied real hard last night sir :D

You Know How Secretive Air-forces are about RCS of there Fighter

But Reportedly the radar reflecting surface of the MiG-29K is 4 to 5 times smaller than that of the standard MiG-29.
Radar-absorbing material (RAM) coatings will reduce the fighter's RCS by a factor of 4 to 5 as compared to the 'basic' MiG-29. Both variants feature a fully retractable L-shaped IFR probe on the port side of the nose in line with the cockpit windshield.

https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/weapons/current/125-mig-29k.html

I was taliking about Naval Mig 29K read it again, not older Mig 29, due to composites and RAM.

No you mentioned UPG and SMT, dont be dishonest right where proof exists. I think you need to be thrown out of the thread for parroting useless arguments.

done.

You Know How Secretive Air-forces are about RCS of there Fighter

But Reportedly the radar reflecting surface of the MiG-29K is 4 to 5 times smaller than that of the standard MiG-29.
Radar-absorbing material (RAM) coatings will reduce the fighter's RCS by a factor of 4 to 5 as compared to the 'basic' MiG-29. Both variants feature a fully retractable L-shaped IFR probe on the port side of the nose in line with the cockpit windshield.

https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/weapons/current/125-mig-29k.html

Reportedly from Bharat Rakshak?

Please understand that having a retractable probe does little to explain RCS.
RCS is not a single surface spot, RCS is different from every angle at any point at any distance and weather.

The average is takes as an assumed figure. I SERIOUSLY doubt any claims by "reportedly" and that too discussing in a future tense.

Reportedly from Bharat Rakshak?

Please understand that having a retractable probe does little to explain RCS.
RCS is not a single surface spot, RCS is different from every angle at any point at any distance and weather.

The average is takes as an assumed figure. I SERIOUSLY doubt any claims by "reportedly" and that too discussing in a future tense.
So what , Bharat Rakshak is Most Reputed Defense Portal in India It Mostly Put Credible Data & Sources Some of which has Authentic Govt Sources

You Skipped this Part Radar-absorbing material (RAM) coatings will reduce the fighter's RCS by a factor of 4 to 5 as compared to the 'basic' MiG-29.And 15 % use of Composite Materials

Like i Said its Stupidity to Aspect Official RCS Figures of Any Aircraft May it be F-16 or F-18 We work on What Reportedly Available in Public Domain .

RCS Figures of all Aircraft's Mostly assumed on Frontal Aspect of Aircraft.

Main technical and technological innovations, applied on the MiG-29K/KUB fighters are the following:
– improved airframe with about 15% composite materials application;
– folding wing with upgraded high-lift devices improving take-off/landing performance;
– fly-by-wire control system with quadruple redundancy;
– significantly reduced signature in radar range;
– increased weapons load, stored at eight external hard points;
– increased internal fuel capacity and in-flight refueling possibility;
– possibility of other aircraft refueling being equipped with "PAZ-1MK" refueling unit.

http://www.migavia.ru/index.php/en/production/new-unified-family-of-the-fighters/mig-29k-mig-29kub

mig-29k-characteristics.jpg

http://toad-design.com/migalley/index.php/jet-aircraft/mig29/mig29-variants/

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...ier-set-big-aircraft-upgrade-the-lethal-15769

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom