What's new

Which is the most successful civilization of human history?

You can add Persian, Greek & few others. However being two of the oldest,... Indus Valley & Chinese civilizations have survived the test of times & are still thriving. You can not pick any one & say that it's the most successful.

Of you thinking Indus is the same as Hindu it's not, because most of the sites were abandoned and they're closest genetical people are Sindhis and balochs

Thanks for the input Ninja, you gotta help me here, please.

I have seen quite a few threads on "civilizations" (quite uniquely defined by Pakistanis) in this forum. But why is it so rare that very few Pakistanis are aware of the Chinese civilization on Yangtze that flourished as one of the most efficient civilizations of its time?

From this, all I can gather is that while the Chinese are proclaimed as the only honest brothers of Pakistanis, few Pakistanis are really interested in China and its culture.

Why is it so?

yes, we claim our frienship is higher than the mountains and deeper than oceans but between the two governments. It does not mean that we are not friendly but the thing is we hardly know eachother as you have mentioned. there is hardly any people to people contact despite we are connected via land route. I have to accept that we are hardly taught about china and its culture in schools or colleges. I am not sure whether chinese are taught about Pakistan in their schools or not. whenever I heard about china helping or coperating Pakistan, it is always related to defence ties. the truth is we hardly increase our friendship circle out of defence ties to the next level.there should be people to people contact and this is the way, the bond of friendship will become even stronger.

So which is THE most successful civilization throughout human history?

There have been many, many civilizations throughout the course of human history. Many rose, many fell..the space on this thread isn't enough to discuss that..so lets narrow it down

Three giant contestants that come to mind are :

1) Western Civilization.
2) Islamic Civilization.
3) Chinese Civilization.

Now if you break it down...Islamic Civilization and Western Civilization comes up to the top. There are thousands of religions/cultures/civilizations etc but only two of them are considered as "global/universal" civilizations. These are ;

1-Western-Christian civilization.

2-(Middle)Eastern-Islamic Civilization

So out of these two...which one is most successful historically (not today)?

I'll go with Islam..As a student of civilization history , I understand that Muslims enjoyed THE BEST success ratio among ALL civilizations. Out of 1400 years of Islam , Muslims remained dominant global force , in one form or the other , for stunning 1100+ years!! That is ---Islamic Civilization remained on top or kept 'expanding' for approximately 71% of its entire history!!!! No other civilization even comes close to this success ratio...After 18th century however , Muslims failed to industrialized and West took over...From past 300 years or so , this massive civilization encompassing 25% of entire humanity is in 'decline' ...but as I see it ....Muslims are now coming back! Though it will take some time obviously , but the process is starting slowly and slowly.From Arab spring to fighting Taliban in Afghanistan...From Western Muslim scholars to progressive Islamic Scholars in Pakistan...Muslims are trying to reform themselves for better. Islamic Faith , for good or worse, is such that in nature that it doesn't like "being second" ... This ALWAYS drive Muslims to try for the top... Islamic Ideology carries a sense of 'superiority' in itself. It believes that it is superior to all others.

West on the other hand is losing its dominant position. Western influence will always be there, but with declining demographics, changing political spectrum, and mass immigration- West will not even remain "West" any more. Recent reports suggest that whites will become a minority in America. Europe is facing even worse situation. Also, West is 'old' , while Islam is the youngest champion present out there. Average age of Islamic populations all over the globe is just 23! So they have energy, spark, youth, and pretty much their whole life infront of you. Europeans however are getting old...

West probably will remain dominant for atleast next century or so, but in the realm of cosmic time, this time-period isn't that much...

So what are your guys views?

Note: Islamic and Western civilizations are being used here as very loose and general terms. There is no monolithic Islamic or Western civilization per say..

Have your say..

=================================

Though I kinda agree with this guy, but he is being tooooo simplistic. Also, he is probably an Islamophobe. The "sense of superiority" he talks about is carried by almost every single culture on Earth! Western, Chinese, Persian, indian etc...

I got this from one history forum...

Anyways, the topic is interesting and very subjective...

Talk away...

Chinese civilization. It held together for thousands of years which is unmatched by anyone. The Egyptians on the other hand are old too, but they changed too much due to invasions and other foreign influence.

well in all terms western civilization .......most successful

well if it's for surviving quality....then it's vedic civilization which is the only civilization which didn't vanish with parallel civilizations .

1...Most Successful -- Western Civilization

2...Most Hard_Working/mystical ....Chinese civilization

3...Most survival power.....Vedic civilization

4...Most Violent ....................Islamic Civilization

5...Most Backward...................African Civilization

Chinese civilization. It held together for thousands of years which is unmatched by anyone. The Egyptians on the other hand are old too, but they changed too much due to invasions and other foreign influence.

Can you explain which part of the Chinese civilization held together and have not changed???

Civilization is a continuous evolution not a stagnant one.

well if it's for surviving quality....then it's vedic civilization which is the only civilization which didn't vanish with parallel civilizations .

Mate welcome to the forum.

:cheers:

It is more like Past, Present and Future.

Past - Islamic

Present - Western

Future - Chinese

You forgot to mention.

Most conquered civilization ............... Indian Civilization.

Past - Islamic

Present - Western

Future - Chinese

You forgot to mention.

In modern day and present the most conquered civilization is Islamic one and still it is going on.

The past is definitely not Islamic one.(Is religion a basis for civilization :lol:)

Well all our success is in history. As a whole Muslims didn't achieve anything in present due to internal differences. With saudis leading muslim world our future is very dark. Dire need of new leaders i guess.

persian civilization. over one week, hundred of millions of people are going to celebrate nowruz, which is an ancient persian festival.

Past - Islamic

Present - Western

Future - Chinese

You forgot to mention.

up to B.C era it was unconquered civilization....

most unconquered civilization....... Indian Civilization.... even Alexander had dream....

Back
Top Bottom