What's new

Which is the most successful civilization of human history?

AUz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So which is THE most successful civilization throughout human history?

There have been many, many civilizations throughout the course of human history. Many rose, many fell..the space on this thread isn't enough to discuss that..so lets narrow it down

Three giant contestants that come to mind are :

1) Western Civilization.
2) Islamic Civilization.
3) Chinese Civilization.

Now if you break it down...Islamic Civilization and Western Civilization comes up to the top. There are thousands of religions/cultures/civilizations etc but only two of them are considered as "global/universal" civilizations. These are ;

1-Western-Christian civilization.

2-(Middle)Eastern-Islamic Civilization

So out of these two...which one is most successful historically (not today)?

I'll go with Islam..As a student of civilization history , I understand that Muslims enjoyed THE BEST success ratio among ALL civilizations. Out of 1400 years of Islam , Muslims remained dominant global force , in one form or the other , for stunning 1100+ years!! That is ---Islamic Civilization remained on top or kept 'expanding' for approximately 71% of its entire history!!!! No other civilization even comes close to this success ratio...After 18th century however , Muslims failed to industrialized and West took over...From past 300 years or so , this massive civilization encompassing 25% of entire humanity is in 'decline' ...but as I see it ....Muslims are now coming back! Though it will take some time obviously , but the process is starting slowly and slowly.From Arab spring to fighting Taliban in Afghanistan...From Western Muslim scholars to progressive Islamic Scholars in Pakistan...Muslims are trying to reform themselves for better. Islamic Faith , for good or worse, is such that in nature that it doesn't like "being second" ... This ALWAYS drive Muslims to try for the top... Islamic Ideology carries a sense of 'superiority' in itself. It believes that it is superior to all others.

West on the other hand is losing its dominant position. Western influence will always be there, but with declining demographics, changing political spectrum, and mass immigration- West will not even remain "West" any more. Recent reports suggest that whites will become a minority in America. Europe is facing even worse situation. Also, West is 'old' , while Islam is the youngest champion present out there. Average age of Islamic populations all over the globe is just 23! So they have energy, spark, youth, and pretty much their whole life infront of you. Europeans however are getting old...

West probably will remain dominant for atleast next century or so, but in the realm of cosmic time, this time-period isn't that much...

So what are your guys views?

Note: Islamic and Western civilizations are being used here as very loose and general terms. There is no monolithic Islamic or Western civilization per say..

Have your say..

=================================

Though I kinda agree with this guy, but he is being tooooo simplistic. Also, he is probably an Islamophobe. The "sense of superiority" he talks about is carried by almost every single culture on Earth! Western, Chinese, Persian, indian etc...

I got this from one history forum...

Anyways, the topic is interesting and very subjective...

Talk away...

There have been many, many civilizations throughout the course of human history. Many rose, many fell..the space on this thread isn't enough to discuss that..so lets narrow it down

1) Western Civilization.
2) Islamic Civilization.
3) Chinese Civilization.

Now if you break it down...Islamic Civilization and Western Civilization comes up to the top. There are thousands of religions/cultures/civilizations etc but only two of them are considered as "global/universal" civilizations. These are ;

I'll go with Islam..As a student of civilization history , I understand that Muslims enjoyed THE BEST success ratio among ALL civilizations. Out of 1400 years of Islam , Muslims remained dominant global force , in one form or the other , for stunning 1100+ years!! That is ---Islamic Civilization remained on top or kept 'expanding' for approximately 71% of its entire history!!!! No other civilization even comes close to this success ratio...After 18th century however , Muslims failed to industrialized and West took over...From past 300 years or so , this massive civilization encompassing 25% of entire humanity is in 'decline' ...but as I see it ....Muslims are now coming back! Though it will take some time obviously , but the process is starting slowly and slowly.From Arab spring to fighting Taliban in Afghanistan...From Western Muslim scholars to progressive Islamic Scholars in Pakistan...Muslims are trying to reform themselves for better. Islamic Faith , for good or worse, is such that in nature that it doesn't like "being second" ... This ALWAYS drive Muslims to try for the top... Islamic Ideology carries a sense of 'superiority' in itself. It believes that it is superior to all others.

West on the other hand is losing its dominant position. Western influence will always be there, but with declining demographics, changing political spectrum, and mass immigration- West will not even remain "West" any more. Recent reports suggest that whites will become a minority in America. Europe is facing even worse situation. Also, West is 'old' , while Islam is the youngest champion present out there. Average age of Islamic populations all over the globe is just 23! So they have energy, spark, youth, and pretty much their whole life infront of you. Europeans however are getting old...

West probably will remain dominant for atleast next century or so, but in the realm of cosmic time, this time-period isn't that much...

Note: Islamic and Western civilizations are being used here as very loose and general terms. There is no monolithic Islamic or Western civilization per say..

Have your say..

Though I kinda agree with this guy, but he is being tooooo simplistic. Also, he is probably an Islamophobe. The "sense of superiority" he talks about is carried by almost every single culture on Earth! Western, Chinese, Persian, indian etc...

Talk away...

What a waste of Internet Bandwidth. The Topic is so subjective that people are going to cr*p about the thread indulge in troll war and ultimately waste thier time...

1) Western Civilization.
2) Islamic Civilization.
3) Chinese Civilization.

Have your say..

Talk away...

Gotta say, this is one of the funniest posts on PDF that I came through :lol:

Islamic civilization, cristian civilization ??? Does this man even know the meaning of civilization? Are there any similarities in the way of living of a pakistani or an indian muslim and and ethopian muslim? Btw if there is any religion which which emerged from a civilization and not from the teachings of any particular individual, its hinduism. IMO this article is crap.

What about the civilizations that dates back to almost 4000 BC.
Sumerian civilization started around 3900 BC and ended around 1900 BC.
Ancient Egypt started around 3100 BC and ended around 400 BC.
Indus Valley civilization started around 2800 BC and ended around 1900 BC.
They have done quite remarkable works which you can see in shape of Hanging garden of babelon, of Sumerian civilization, pyramids of ancient egypt and Moen-jo-Daro, harrapa an other ancient cities of that time along the bank of river Indus.

You can add Persian, Greek & few others. However being two of the oldest,... Indus Valley & Chinese civilizations have survived the test of times & are still thriving. You can not pick any one & say that it's the most successful.

What about the civilizations that dates back to almost 4000 BC.
Sumerian civilization started around 3900 BC and ended around 1900 BC.
Ancient Egypt started around 3100 BC and ended around 400 BC.
Indus Valley civilization started around 2800 BC and ended around 1900 BC.
They have done quite remarkable works which you can see in shape of Hanging garden of babelon, of Sumerian civilization, pyramids of ancient egypt and Moen-jo-Daro, harrapa an other ancient cities of that time along the bank of river Indus.

Thanks for the input Ninja, you gotta help me here, please.

I have seen quite a few threads on "civilizations" (quite uniquely defined by Pakistanis) in this forum. But why is it so rare that very few Pakistanis are aware of the Chinese civilization on Yangtze that flourished as one of the most efficient civilizations of its time?

From this, all I can gather is that while the Chinese are proclaimed as the only honest brothers of Pakistanis, few Pakistanis are really interested in China and its culture.

Why is it so?

The list should be

1) Egyptian civilization
2) Indian civilization
3) Persian civilization
4) Mayan civilization
5) Chinese civilization
6) Aztec civilization
7) Greek civilization
8) Sumerian civilization
9) Mesopotamian civilization
10) ......................

student of "civilization history" and u were'nt even taught that religion and civilization are two different things??

o he has prolly covered da Middleastern n Izlamic civilazation of indo-pak subcontinent under one category coz most of da countries in thez regions were izlamic!

Back
Top Bottom