What's new

Which is the most Aesthetic 4th Gen Fighter Plane in your opinion?

atleast when we make it will be better quality than your junk tanks and equipment , slow to progress but quality .

Please tell me why russians are buying french ships? where is russian industry? Russian general himself said turkey is ahead of us in UAV . Tell me why most russian equipment are bought by poor african countries while other countries is bought by stronger and more developed nations? Plus i never said anything about pilots just from experience in past conflicts.

what about indias terrible crash record with russian jets?

You got to admit that russians have produced excellent aircrafts and other defence gadgets over the years, mi-17 is one example there are plenty other

The point regarding the fact that most of the russian equipment are bought by poor african countries is not true over the years india, china, iraq, iran etc all have been the customers of russian equipment not only that Saudia arabia is also in the list but yes african countries have been dominant buyers of russian equipment than US ones and vice versa for developed countries because of the following reasons

1- Historically all western nations and most of the advance and rich countries have always been on the side of US which had a historical tussle with Soviet union and now russia

2- Russian equipment is relatively cheap than the american or european counterparts

3- less prone to embargo

atleast when we make it will be better quality than your junk tanks and equipment , slow to progress but quality .

Please tell me why russians are buying french ships? where is russian industry? Russian general himself said turkey is ahead of us in UAV . Tell me why most russian equipment are bought by poor african countries while other countries is bought by stronger and more developed nations? Plus i never said anything about pilots just from experience in past conflicts.

what about indias terrible crash record with russian jets?

Not only is Past Performance is No Guarantee of Future Results but you have to look at past success context. In most cases where F-16s have taken on MiGs (be it 21s,27s,29s) it has been a USAF F-16 and that to flying in a climate of almost complete air superiority of USAF with overwhelming quantitative advantage in the USAF's corner and the fact that in most cases most of the embattled AF's ground infrastructure had been battered by stealth bombers dropping hundreds of LGBs and the like. Also the F-16s would be operating in an environment where they had AWACs support and other intel inputs from friendly a/c not to mention a favorable EW environment. Having said that the F-16 is an excellent fighter but is well and truly outdated now and unless you are flying on of the latest versions (blk 60 and later) with an AESA radar you are at an extreme disadvantage.

Wrt IAF crash record with MIGs that is mostly the fault of the Indian MoD/GoI for not ohasing out the MIGs earlier but the Russians do have to take significant responsibility for not providing sufficent spares to the IAF so it would be unfair to blame these record on the MIG planes themselves- the crashes were man-made not a real reflection on the a/c (granted they are increidbly hard to maintain compared to Western equivalents).

You got to admit that russians have produced excellent aircrafts and other defence gadgets over the years, mi-17 is one example there are plenty other

The point regarding the fact that most of the russian equipment are bought by poor african countries is not true over the years india, china, iraq, iran etc all have been the customers of russian equipment not only that Saudia arabia is also in the list but yes african countries have been dominant buyers of russian equipment than US ones and vice versa for developed countries because of the following reasons

1- Historically all western nations and most of the advance and rich countries have always been on the side of US which had a historical tussle with Soviet union and now russia

2- Russian equipment is relatively cheap than the american or european counterparts

3- less prone to embargo

yes i agree but that was probably in soviet times ( big ships , submarines etc), we have to see the new era things now.

Plus russia is mostly usually a land force based / doctrine , with many land based equipment.

+ we can see that now India has real money they are moving away from Russian defence products and this says something and its hardly a ringing endorsement of Russian defence industries is it?

+ we can see that now India has real money they are moving away from Russian defence products and this says something and its hardly a ringing endorsement of Russian defence industries is it?

i never said russian weapons are bad i said they were rubbish in past conflicts when that other guy said something else. Plus i said they all look bad except PAKFA which is my opinion because i dont like the cockpit part of russian jets they seem too long in terms of looks , just like some american jets look rubbish aswell imo.

India is doing alot of co-operation with russia for political and also because of joint ventures together and joint production or im sure india would go for US equipment.

f16i1.jpg

Call me biased but the viper wins every beauty contest.

also india is a massive importer how much % does in important of their defence equipment compared to make it itself

Super Hornet

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom