What's new

Which is the best cricket team in the world right now?

Best Cricket team right now

• India

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muSALMAN Khan

BANNED
Reaction score
Clearly for me its India.
Australia got whitewashed in test and ODI.
SriLanka lost.
We won the tri series
Now New Zealand lost 2-0 test matches and 4-0 trailing in ODI's.
Do keep these things in mind.
:D

are you talking about Test or ODIs?

For me - in Tests... Nothing comes closer to England

in ODIs - South Africa and India

in T-20s... Pakistan is still the Champion despite the poor performance in recent matches

eh,England?
Reliance Mobile ICC Rankings - ICC Team Rankings, ICC Test Rankings, ICC ODI Rankings
England is 17 points behind India,though India has played 1 match less than England!
Thats big difference mate.
Anyways,your opinion welcomed!

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

in T-20s... Pakistan is still the Champion despite the poor performance in recent matches
:rofl:
England is the new T20 champion!!

eh,England?
Reliance Mobile ICC Rankings - ICC Team Rankings, ICC Test Rankings, ICC ODI Rankings
England is 17 points behind India,though India has played 1 match less than England!
Thats big difference mate.
Anyways,your opinion welcomed!

Oh well did you see England's test performance in 2010?
check the stats again.... they were somewhat very close to India with a slight edge frankly speaking.

They managed to score 500+ runs for 5 times in 2010 and we all know 500 runs is a psychological barrier for any team. India managed to achieve this target for 4 times and their win/loss ratio was also equal to England

But the big difference lies in the places/grounds where England and India played. England had to fight on the difficult grounds of England and Australia whereas India was on the batting haven of Indian and Sri Lankan pitches so I give a slight advantage to England for some of the reasons I mentioned above

:rofl:
England is the new T20 champion!!
If you only mean by the ICC World T-2O then surely Australia is World Champion of ODIs as they won the last World Cup...

No actually I meant overall performance... there has been some mishaps in the team during past 5-6 matches so the winning ratio has gone bit lower but overall we are still topping the charts with 3/4 win ratio... far better than other teams

India have played all their recent Test series in India. Last they toured abroad to Sri Lanka, they could only draw the series. They toured South Africa in 2006, England 2007 (when England was much weaker), Australia in 2008.

The upcoming series in South Africa will be interesting in establishing how far India has gone as a test team.

in tests england is on top, they are making aus look like lamb. india is also doing well but india haven't yet won a test series in australia & south africa.

in odi's india,S.a,aus,ssi lanka are top teams.

in t-20 S.a, pakistan are best

India have played all their recent Test series in India. Last they toured abroad to Sri Lanka, they could only draw the series. They toured South Africa in 2006, England 2007 (when England was much weaker), Australia in 2008.

The upcoming series in South Africa will be interesting in establishing how far India has gone as a test team.

Yes..!! It will test the No1. status claim of India. If we are able to win, they India truly No.1 IN TEST RANKING.

But the big difference lies in the places/grounds where England and India played. England had to fight on the difficult grounds of England and Australia whereas India was on the batting haven of Indian and Sri Lankan pitches so I give a slight advantage to England for some of the reasons I mentioned above

Exactly my point mate, because england played on bouncy and fast pitches of england australia it should be easier for their bowlers to take 20 wickets. As you seem die-hard cricket fan you would know that to win any test you HAVE TO take 20 wickets. India did manage that on slow anf flat pitches in sub-continent with some injuries to backbone of indian attack(zaheer khan, shreesanth and many more)?? So I think india did well but You are obviously entitled to your own opinion. I'm jus saying that if that is the reason you think that than you may wanna consider these things. :)

Tests : India no doubt abt it we have beaten eng in england, Odi's India 1st (but our bowling SUCKS :hang2:) 2nd srilanka AND IN 20-20 (tukka crcket :D) Pakistan and South africa.

Exactly my point mate, because england played on bouncy and fast pitches of england australia it should be easier for their bowlers to take 20 wickets. As you seem die-hard cricket fan you would know that to win any test you HAVE TO take 20 wickets. India did manage that on slow anf flat pitches in sub-continent with some injuries to backbone of indian attack(zaheer khan, shreesanth and many more)?? So I think india did well but You are obviously entitled to your own opinion. I'm jus saying that if that is the reason you think that than you may wanna consider these things. :)

Yeaa,Zaki seems to be in a misconception.
Bowling on Indian subcontinent pitches is hard.as is batting.
other pitches except Indian subcontinent ones are hard and bouncy and provide a good nip for the bowlers.
Similarly they are good for batsmen as well.
Well its proportional.
But depends on how you percieve!

^ India beat England way back in 2007 when England was much weaker. Plus even there they nearly lost one of their games (escaped with just 1 wicket remaining) which would've resulted in a draw.

I think you're ignoring the main concern, which is how successful Indian batting will be on foreign pitches, not how successful their bowling will be.

India's backbone has always been their batting line. Bowling mostly plays just a supporting role... that is probably the reason why they haven't been able to produce legends in bowling area

England's backbone had been bowling in past but nowadays they have better batting line up too. At the moment almost everybody in English team is consistently performing and it is going to be very tough for anybody to beat them with high margin.

I am not taking any credit away from India but India's batting main strength lies in the batting line so what they do is they score fast and consistently... and give enough time to opponents to last on those dead tracks for 2 days... and usually no time survives for 2 days as long as two of their key players are willing to play long innings and that does not happen in every match.

the forhcoming test series against S.A will tell how good indian team is.

the forhcoming test series against S.A will tell how good indian team is.

well S/A was out of the nick during Pakistan or perhaps we played too good that we managed to draw the series :lol:

I think a series between England & India is compulsory to draw the right conclusion :agree:

Back
Top Bottom