What's new

Which Book are you reading

Hey, this was a good thread, ought to continued or made sticky.:mps: I'm right now reading two books. John Ericsson's "Road to Stalingrad", and just finished Lt.Gen. L.P.Sen's "Slender was the Thread". John Ericsson is a must read for all military history buffs out here.

islamicbookstore-com_2205_844158128

recently finished the hunger games.. nice easy read, looking forward to watching the movie now :)

Looking forward to reading book 2 catching fire.

1947. Before, During and After.
Memories of a soldier.

Written by Major General (R) Syed Wajahat Hussein.

1718.jpg

I am not reading any book as such these days.. But read this book couple of months ago, "Ghazi" by Abu Jawad...Has anyone read it? Its an amazing book.. Story of an ISI agent from 1971-1974 ...He became an ISI agent, just after seperation of East Pakistan..He has written his memories...This book is in Urdu, available on net. I downloaded the book from net, and read it...I fell in love with ISI much more, than I ever was...

I'm reading 3 right now :

1) 'Quaid - E - Azam - Jinnah, the Story of a Nation' by G.Allana - A very detailed Biography of Jinnah !

2) Failed Expectations by A.H Kardar - An account by Mr.Kardar, who was there when the Pakistan Resolution was being written and was a die-hard fan of Jinnah, of how politicians have failed 'Jinnah's Pakistan'.

3) The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam - Allama Iqbal - A compilation of his philosophy and outlook on politics. The first few chapters are probably the best defense of Monotheism that I've ever read.

I'm reading 3 right now :

1) 'Quaid - E - Azam - Jinnah, the Story of a Nation' by G.Allana - A very detailed Biography of Jinnah !

2) Failed Expectations by A.H Kardar - An account by Mr.Kardar, who was there when the Pakistan Resolution was being written and was a die-hard fan of Jinnah, of how politicians have failed 'Jinnah's Pakistan'.

3) The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam - Allama Iqbal - A compilation of his philosophy and outlook on politics. The first few chapters are probably the best defense of Monotheism that I've ever read.

I read this book "Quaid-e-Azam Jinnah- story of a nation" by G Allana too, last yr... Its a beautiful book, no doubt...

Have u read the book , "Iqbal, Jinnah and Pakistan" by Dr. Safdar Mahmood? Its a very very nice book too, though short.. I wish it was a more detailed book...but its amazing... It clears many misconceptions, tht usually ppl have abt Quaid-e-Azam...with reference to Cabinet Mission plan, especially....tht some ppl say Quaid gave up the idea, of an independent Pak, by accepting Cabinet Mission plan... This book proves, how this was not the case, by quoting Quaid-e-Azam's own statements.... This book helped me a lot...in clearing many misunderstandings..

i am very much into book reading, this is my favorite pass time.
at the moment i am reading
The Great Gamble - Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan
Just finished The Bear Trap - Afghanistan's untold story (this two regarding the Soviet Afghan war)

beside these two informative books, reading the Twilight Series ;) for good pass time and relaxing!
on last part of the series and the volturi have arrived to take down the cullens! :rofl:
also watched all the movies after reading each book!
:yahoo:

i am very much into book reading, this is my favorite pass time.
at the moment i am reading
The Great Gamble - Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan
Just finished The Bear Trap - Afghanistan's untold story (this two regarding the Soviet Afghan war)

beside these two informative books, reading the Twilight Series ;) for good pass time and relaxing!
on last part of the series and the volturi have arrived to take down the cullens! :rofl:
also watched all the movies after reading each book!
:yahoo:

you watch twilight?????!!!:woot:

My blood boils hearing about that thing!!

Well, i have read 2 books in the near past, Jinnah of Pakistan, by Stanley Wolpert, and Muhammad (PBUH): His life based on earliest sources by Martin Lings.

I read this book "Quaid-e-Azam Jinnah- story of a nation" by G Allana too, last yr... Its a beautiful book, no doubt...

Have u read the book , "Iqbal, Jinnah and Pakistan" by Dr. Safdar Mahmood? Its a very very nice book too, though short.. I wish it was a more detailed book...but its amazing... It clears many misconceptions, tht usually ppl have abt Quaid-e-Azam...with reference to Cabinet Mission plan, especially....tht some ppl say Quaid gave up the idea, of an independent Pak, by accepting Cabinet Mission plan... This book proves, how this was not the case, by quoting Quaid-e-Azam's own statements.... This book helped me a lot...in clearing many misunderstandings..

No ma'am I haven't but I'd be sure to check it out ! I have a vociferous appetite for reading anything related to Jinnah and that sounds like a good book to be on my reading list. Thank you !

So many peoples of my kind I like reading books ...

Dan brown`s The Lost symbol, Deception Point, James Rollins Alter of Eden,Devil Colony,doomsday key,Last Oracle,Sand storm are my last chain readings..

I just finished reading Ender's Game, a great story

Right now im reading "The Stand" by Stephen King. The book is 1400 pages long, i'm nearing the end at page 900.

Back
Top Bottom