What's new

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

• KLJ-7A AESA fire control radar

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • Vixen 1000E AESA fire control radar

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the one that resembles Striker 2 ? displayed in zhuhai 2016
Not really. S2 takes after S1, as a modular kit. The helmet is really 3-4 pieces and fitted to the pilot. What the Chinese show is a concept, not even a prototype. They have ambitions to make an HMD, but the current system is unsafe. At the current weight and lack of balance in their design, it is a life risk to the pilot. I give them at least 5 years to a fully qualified HMD product.

However, I am sure there are poodles fed on Chinese food that are dying to take this concept, and make same blunder they made with other avionics of JFT.

Not really. S2 takes after S1, as a modular kit. The helmet is really 3-4 pieces and fitted to the pilot. What the Chinese show is a concept, not even a prototype. They have ambitions to make an HMD, but the current system is unsafe. At the current weight and lack of balance in their design, it is a life risk to the pilot. I give them at least 5 years to a fully qualified HMD product.

However, I am sure there are poodles fed on Chinese food that are dying to take this concept, and make same blunder they made with other avionics of JFT.
Just like many many military tech of israel was used in major and minor chinese weapons , can they get help of DASH 3 ?

Plus along with
Skyward,
Airborne and Space Systems Division’s SkyWard system offers state-of-the-art capabilities in Infrared Search and Track (IRST). SkyWard is a product of Airborne and Space Systems Division’s extensive experience in the field of IRST for airborne and naval systems and is the latest addition to the Company’s proven record in delivering innovative technology to Customers.
SkyWard has been designed and developed to satisfy the more demanding requirements of 5th generation fighter aircraft with an embedded solution. A pod configuration is also available to allow easy installation on existing platform.

Britecloud ECM decoys,
We also need Britecloud ECM decoys, it is a unique system in that while it is expendable, the BriteCloud is a self-contained digital radio frequency memory (DRFM)-based pod meant for countering radar-guided air-to-air missiles (AAM) and surface-to-air missiles (SAM). The BriteCloud was designed to be deployed from a standard chaff and flare system, the integration to which requires minimal integration work. The BriteCloud has a shelf-life of five years. When we have complete package of it JF17 response time will be greatly enhance. KJL-2 just give us Radar. But this package will make JF17 a beast and complete solution.

Elettronica ELT-568
,providing digital radio-frequency memory (DRFM) active jamming and E-J band frequency coverage.

We also need this
fia16-leonardo-aircraft-division-m346-programme-the-dual-role-concept-9-638.jpg

Few other products
Miysis DIRCM
Praetorian DASS (Defensive Aids Sub-System)
RALM02 Laser Warning Receiver
SAGE ESM (Electronic Support Measure)
SEER RWR (Radar Warning Receiver)

Elettronica ELT-568
http://www.aiad.it/aiad_res/cms/documents/568.pdf

BriteCloud ECM decoys
http://quwa.org/2016/09/22/britain-orders-leonardo-britecloud-ecm-decoys/

Skyward,
file:///C:/Users/SMIRZA/AppData/Local/Temp/Copia%20di%20Skyward_IRST_LQ_mm08130_.pdf
For this to happen. We will need a radical switch from Chinese systems to western systems as they will not let chinese weapons like sd 10 integrated into this new system. The cost would be phenomenal. Nearly twice or more than that which u would expect with chinese solution.

On positive side. Thiswill greatly enchance chances of exports if offered with western engine to some nations

What blunders happened with avionics
Can you let us know too.

Hi sir can you shed some light on South African HMDS
And are they compatible with the other HMDS
Coz if they are compatible why china is not trying to buy the rights from them
And from their they can do some more research on those
Thx in advance

Thx in advance
China bought some tech of HMD before from denel

Thx in advance

So it means it's not at par with the other HMDS
Or they didn't get the appropriate one?
never researched on that but do go through this thread . https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/aviation-helmet-designs-helmet-mounted-systems.30829/

Thx in advance

There is no SA HMDS. What was demonstrator models are all gone. The Marconi people (now BAE) licensed the LED based helmet tracking tech from South Africa, combined with a analog display. This is striker 1 by BAE, HMSS in Typhoon, and Cobra in South African Gripen A/C. The same head tracking stuff is evolved and now is in Striker 2 with solid state display, better power supply, and improvement to helmet comfort, as I have been observing from afar. Many in south africa claim to have HMD, like ATE, now paramount, but I dont really buy it. It takes 100 Million USD to develop one, and 50 Million to qualify it for an aircraft. Even the one made by Elbit still is not qualified for F35 for the full fleet pilots. This is complicated technology and not for everyone to master. There are few winners in this, and BAE sure is one.

never researched on that but do go through this thread . https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/aviation-helmet-designs-helmet-mounted-systems.30829/

There is no HMD tech in Denel. What has china bought? What is the basis of your claim?

What blunders happened with avionics
Can you let us know too.

PAF is user of high quality systems. Look at the History, all electron stuff in Falcon, then Mirages, then Mirage upgrade has been top of the line. Then we take avionics from China? The cannot elaborate on the blunder but the decision itself is a blunder. This is called weak link dependency, when the serviceability of your system becomes your weak link, and you have your A/C on the flight line unserviceable because the damn electronics is not good enough for the environmental conditions of PK.

Last edited:
What is your professional opinion? Where should PAF will go. I am strongly in favor of Leonardo because it can give us various options under one roof and we don't have to run extra miles for each sub systems of various vendors and it will reduce work load dramatically and since all products are from same manufacturer the connectivity between these system will be smooth with less failure in real time environment. Please correct me if i am wrong:enjoy: @Khafee (bro i need your input as well)@messiach @Oscar
This might be a good option for KSA JF-17 along with European engines, still some Saudi officials have said that they were impressed by the Chinese electronics on the F-17 Blk 2, I guess that they will be more satisfied with what is coming in the Blk 3..

There is no HMD tech in Denel. What has china bought? What is the basis of your claim?

DENEL optronics sir. and for the claim , i9 think i was reading on pdf itself today or somewhere else on this...i dont say that this is 100% correct but i did read somewhere

This might be a good option for KSA JF-17 along with European engines, still some Saudi officials have said that they were impressed by the Chinese electronics on the F-17 Blk 2, I guess that they will be more satisfied with what is coming in the Blk 3..
look my friend , europena engine u said. Ok done . That was wayy tooo easy to say...now come to paper works...EJ200 has wayy smaller diameter than RD-93 ....thunder would require major airframe modifications to fit that engine..Chapter close :-) . Miss @messiach taught me this yesterday

There is no SA HMDS. What was demonstrator models are all gone. The Marconi people (now BAE) licensed the LED based helmet tracking tech from South Africa, combined with a analog display. This is striker 1 by BAE, HMSS in Typhoon, and Cobra in South African Gripen A/C. The same head tracking stuff is evolved and now is in Striker 2, as I have been observing from afar. Many in south africa claim to have HMD, like ATE, now paramount, but I dont really buy it. It takes 100 Million USD to develop one, and 50 Million to qualify it for an aircraft. Even the one made by Elbit still is not qualified for F35 for the full fleet pilots. This is complicated technology and not for everyone to master. There are few winners in this, and BAE sure is one.

PAF is user of high quality systems. Look at the History, all electron stuff in Falcon, then Mirages, then Mirage upgrade has been top of the line. Then we take avionics from China? The cannot elaborate on the blunder but the decision itself is a blunder. This is called weak link dependency, when the serviceability of your system becomes your weak link, and you have your A/C on the flight line unserviceable because the damn electronics is not good enough for the environmental conditions of PK.
Since sir you are very very respected and wonderfull member , what is your opinion on PAF's HMD chances ? The problem with europen one comes when source code enters the negotitiations

look my friend , europena engine u said. Ok done . That was wayy tooo easy to say...now come to paper works...EJ200 has wayy smaller diameter than RD-93 ....thunder would require major airframe modifications to fit that engine..Chapter close :-) . Miss @messiach taught me this yesterday
There is no other Western engine that can fit the JF-17?

Another design choice being implemented in the JF-17 is the use of more composite materials in its air frames to allow a significant weight reduction in the JF-17. This would give the PAF more bang for it's buck, enabling an even lighter fighter and better fuel efficiency. This is especially important when you consider that the JF-17, while it has room to support a variety of engines in the same class as the RD-93, doesn't have the room or the air frame for an engine larger than the RD-93 (the AL-31F) to give more thrust or give more efficiency in future JF-17 Blocks.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-...gine-why-not-more-powerful-NPO-Saturn-engines

Last edited:
There is no other Western engine that can fit the JF-17?
@messiach miss i would also like to hear from you on this one..there are many many factors determined and modified to fit another engine. Diameter and gear box location is one of them , other might be those inlet pressure stuff...lets take M88 and EJ200 on the table right now.

RD-93 inlet diameter : 40.94inch
EJ200 inlet diameter : 29 inch
M88 inlet diameter : 27.5inch

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom