What's new

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

• KLJ-7A AESA fire control radar

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • Vixen 1000E AESA fire control radar

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@wanglaokan makes an excellent point. There is something to be said about making or purchasing a weapons platform that is so advanced yet so expensive that you are actually afraid of using it in combat lest it be shot down. Case in point would be none other than the american F22 itself. At $350 million a piece, the americans are afraid of actually deploying it in combat, they barely use it in Syria and that too is under a huge cover of very nonstealthy F15s, F16s and F18s lest the $350 million dollar white elephant gets shot out of the sky! Frankly, tight French took india for hay ride by selling them less than 40 rafaels for over $10 billion, that is over $250 million per aircraft that isn't even stealthy, carries a huge infrared signature thanks to two big engines and comes with absolutely no tech transfer. To @wanglaokan 's point, it is muchv more al effective a strategy to make moderately advanced aircrafts that ARE AFFORDABLE and can be MASS PRODUCED in intimidating numbers where the kids advanced of the enemy aircrafts would hesitate. Let's not forget that once upon a time, until the flight of the first MiG29, the best fighter the soviets had to send up against nato and usaf was the MiG21 which was albeit a challenge, was not as advanced as the F16s and the F15s and the tornadoes and the mirage 2000s of the time. And yet, it was affordable enough to make in large numbers while also being advanced enough to convince the americans, british, french and the west germans that they will not be able to achieve even an expensive victory against a large number of MiG21s and would be facing a turkey shoot where they would be a turkey.

Friends, I've been living in america since the 80s and clearly remember news programs like 60 minutes and whatnot where american generals were interviewed about the on going american/nato vs the soviet/warsaw pact confrontations and many of the american and british air force commanders unequivocally claimed that victory against the soviet block and remaining iron curtain was just not possible in the air primarily because of what I stated above and that it would have to turn into a "bloody slug match on the ground which is guaranteed to go nuclear", as one base nato commander put it. I don't remember who the commander was but I still remember the ominous words he uttered.
That's why I always say PAF is less funded while is much smarter than IAF. They are more realistic and mature than Indians.

They know with 70-80% performance of Rafale, JF17 can outgun the rival with more sortie and missiles.

That's Sun Tze art of war.

Another reason is that Pakistan and China is having each other's back, and India has no real friend at all.

Money can't buy friend.

That's why I always say PAF is less funded while is much smarter than IAF. They are more realistic and mature than Indians.

They know with 70-80% performance of Rafale, JF17 can outgun the rival with more sortie and missiles.

That's Sun Tze art of war.

Another reason is that Pakistan and China is having each other's back, and India has no real friend at all.

Money can't buy friend.

india is opting for designer aircrafts for its its iaf and moreover indians shud know Pakistan and China are next door neighbours and their reach is quicker than any help comes to india from far far away land

india is opting for designer aircrafts for its its iaf and moreover indians shud know Pakistan and China are next door neighbours and their reach is quicker than any help comes to india from far far away land
Not to mention, whatever "secrets" the iaf rafaels may have that we are already aren't familiar with (thanks to friends in the Egyptian and other air forces), they should know that the ISI has deep penetration inside the iaf and we'll eventually know the iaf rafaels in and out... 8-)

Not to mention, whatever "secrets" the iaf rafaels may have that we are already aren't familiar with (thanks to friends in the Egyptian and other air forces), they should know that the ISI has deep penetration inside the iaf and we'll eventually know the iaf rafaels in and out... 8-)
PAF can have joint air combat excercise with Egypt airforce, that's the best way to know Rafale.

I think China shall invite some of the retired PAF senior officer to have a sit in J20's cockpit, then we will listen their opinion after that.

?
Iam not sure about J20 but PAF had given its input into J10 and also checked out J31. I am unsure about J20 and lately Pak Naval officers have been stopped from going on to see the latest Chinese products. This is understandable as China has its own secret projects. PAF has a continuous contingent at Chengdu which is participating in the ongoing research along with the Chinese brothers. Collaboration between China and Pakistan goes much beyond other countries and both countries play their respective roles in furthering their collaboration.
A

This is just not possible. You will get basic information and performance parameters of a fighter from friendly sources.If you are lucky you might get a "piggy back" on a dual seater. BUt performance of a fighter , its strength and weaknesses comes with flying it for years and so you wont get that from one or two flights. PAF has evaluated the rafale extensively but still performance parameters and envelope and strength and weaknesses of hte plane will have to be guessed unless you can get free access like IAF got to the Singaporean and possibly Israeli AF F16s.
A

There is similar penetration of our services by agents as well. Some habr surmised that on every seniority level of military there is a mole.

You don’t have to work for RAW, just letting another agency know will get the info to them.

Iam not sure about J20 but PAF had given its input into J10 and also checked out J31. I am unsure about J20 and lately Pak Naval officers have been stopped from going on to see the latest Chinese products. This is understandable as China has its own secret projects. PAF has a continuous contingent at Chengdu which is participating in the ongoing research along with the Chinese brothers. Collaboration between China and Pakistan goes much beyond other countries and both countries play their respective roles in furthering their collaboration.
A

This is just not possible. You will get basic information and performance parameters of a fighter from friendly sources.If you are lucky you might get a "piggy back" on a dual seater. BUt performance of a fighter , its strength and weaknesses comes with flying it for years and so you wont get that from one or two flights. PAF has evaluated the rafale extensively but still performance parameters and envelope and strength and weaknesses of hte plane will have to be guessed unless you can get free access like IAF got to the Singaporean and possibly Israeli AF F16s.
A

PAF should have yearly combat exercise with the Egyptian & Qatari air forces like the Indus Viper & Shaheen series with Turkey & China, respectively. This will give PAF pilots sufficient knowledge about the Rafael and help develop appropriate tactics against it.

PAF should have yearly combat exercise with the Egyptian & Qatari air forces like the Indus Viper & Shaheen series with Turkey & China, respectively. This will give PAF pilots sufficient knowledge about the Rafael and help develop appropriate tactics against it.
This yr saw the first outing of JFT. As PAF gets more comfortable with the platform it will take it out more and expose it to exercises with other nations.
A

Last edited:

Hi,

First of all---you have to build the aircraft to that level where you can go and compete strong---and that took some time in case of the JF17---the engine and EW suite fiasco---.

So---when you throw your machine against other machines---your machine has to have a punch to make its presence felt---.

So--- I guess the time was right to go to the exercize now---.

I'm sure they have. Announced and unannounced joint exercises between the PAF and Arab air forces is a routine event.
Hi I beg to differ with you on unannounced exercises specially with Rafale I’m pretty much sure
Egyptian airforce definitely be bared to pitch their Rafale with any other airforce specially the paf
Without the consent of French government
Your further input on this will be appreciated
Thank you

Hi I beg to differ with you on unannounced exercises specially with Rafale I’m pretty much sure
Egyptian airforce definitely be bared to pitch their Rafale with any other airforce specially the paf
Without the consent of French government
Your further input on this will be appreciated
Thank you
Agreed but look at this way, are the end of the day, we just need to see pilots, not our planes. 8-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom