What's new

Wherever throughout the World there are Turks, they are Muslims

Learning different beliefs with a objective perspective is necessary, and I support it.

Edit: of course its unfair, are you seriously believe these optional lectures will be choosen by these small kids ? or their parents ?

Islam and Quran will be an optional lecture and even that seems unfair to some atheists.

Turkey alreadyteaches Sunni Islam in schools from primary school to high school... This is only a name change. We said with this chaos they passed the billions of dollars worth of projects without tenders...

Learning different beliefs with a objective perspective is necessary, and I support it.

Edit: of course its unfair, are you seriously believe these optional lectures will be choosen by these small kids ? or their parents ?

Yes i believe Quran will be chosen by many inshallah

Turkey alreadyteaches Sunni Islam in schools from primary school to high school... This is only a name change. We said with this chaos they passed the billions of dollars worth of projects without tenders...

Not that stupid news again. Please spare us from that nonsense.

By their parents, thats simply brainwashing.

By their parents, thats simply brainwashing.
You can't decide what their parents chose for their kids. There is something called family. And why should it be brainwashing, the kids are free to chose when they grow up. My parents sent me to Quran lectures when i was younger, and today i am really thankful that they chose to send me, and that i grew in such a family. Islam and Quran is part of our family ethics as it should be in every Turkish family.

Yes thats the brainwashing, you're brainwashed too, by the choice of your parents.

Neither parents can decide about their child's beliefs.These kids have free thoughts, if you impact your views on them from childhood, thats called brainwashing, they should learn the various beliefs when they get to a certain age and decide themselves.

Yes thats the brainwashing, you're brainwashed too, by the choice of your parents.

Neither parents can decide about their child's beliefs.These kids have free thoughts, if you impact your views on them from childhood, thats called brainwashing, they should learn the various beliefs when they get to a certain age and decide themselves.

Then every christian and muslim and hindu and atheist kid is brainwashed according to you. Why don't you understand that parents chose their kids' lifestyle when they grow up. It is the same in every single country in world.

Yes, people who impacts their views to children and limit their own thoughts are all scum, doesn't matter which religion they belong to, my parents didn't choose my religion, not everybody does that.

Thats you who is don't understand, because you're brainwashed, everybody have "Free" thoughts.

Yes, people who impacts their views to children and limit their own thoughts are all scum, doesn't matter which religion they belong to, my parents didn't choose my religion, not everybody does that.

Thats you who is don't understand, because you're brainwashed, everybody have "Free" thoughts.

This is a pedagogical discussion. It is stupid to just accuse me or someone else of being brainwashed, just because their parents impacted their early life. Therefore refrain from such accusations and claims.

@Alienoz_TR

Dont think Islam as a clothing. Look up at Universe. There you ll find Islam.

Or look up at Yourself, mikro Evren Beyin,makro Beyin Evren.. Kuran'nin sirri Fatihada, Fatihanin sirri Bismiallah'ta, Bismiallahin sirri B harfinde.

This is a pedagogical discussion. It is stupid to just accuse me or someone else of being brainwashed, just because their parents impacted their early life. Therefore refrain from such accusations and claims.

Brainwashing = Manipulated by someone's wishes, controlling&limiting someone's thinking.

If we notice the history we would see that Turkey was the heartland of the Byzantine Empire. The Byzantine empire was a rival of the Islamic empire at that time.

However, with the passage of time, after whole of Turkey was conquered by Fatih Sultan Mehmet in 1453, most people of Turkey embraced Islam. Today, officially 97% of the population are Muslims. This percentage is higher than Pakistan and most other Muslim-majority countries. The Turkish people converted from almost 0% Islam to almost 100% Islam over the course of time. This conversion did not take place by sword or force but by the will of the Turkish people. Therefore, Islam is an integral part of Turkey and Turkish identity which cannot be denied by anyone.

There will always be non-Muslims or atheists, I don't have any problem if they chose to identify them as Turkish. However, the problem, as I see here in PDF (I could be wrong), is that they are pretending to be Muslims (putting their religion as Islam officially) but are Atheists in reality. I don't know if this is true for other muslim-majority countries like Pakistan but for sure this is a very alarming scenario. Our Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) identified them as Hypocrites and considered them a very big threat to real Muslims. If you are not Muslim then please don't identify yourself as a Muslim and openly declare yourself as Atheist no matter if you are living in Pakistan, Turkey or any other country.

Parents should help their child to grow up not shape them as they want them to be... My grandfather on my fathers side was a imam... My grandfather on my mothers side was a sheikh... Both of my parents were devout muslims... They didn't even pray infront of me because of their fear of making me believe that they want me to be a muslim and being a muslim is something they expect me to do...

They said being a muslim should come from heart and not from parents teachings. We decided to talk about religion when I was going to university... My parents passed away before that but thanks to their teachings of self determination I decided to be a agnostic.

Back
Top Bottom