What's new

Where Their Support Comes From

KS

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Where Their Support Comes From | OPEN Magazine

What Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi score in an Open/C-Voter survey among voters based on gender, age, social grouping, zone or region, income groups and education groups

support-gender2.jpg

support-age.jpg

support-SOCIAL.jpg

support-zone.jpg

support-income.jpg

support-education.jpg

Conclusion - The 19 percentage point gap between Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi among male respondents falls to a much smaller but still large gap of 6 percentage points among women respondents. While the lead Modi enjoys among upper caste Hindus (UCH above) is not a surprise, the advantage he enjoys among OBCs and the narrow gap among Tribals is the real takeaway. The Muslim antipathy to Modi is also clearly reflected in the difference in the third graph above.

So ppl with primary education, low income groups, muslims etc.. support Congress ..I could have guessed it anyways..
Good to see huge fan following for Modi down South. Strangely not many many takers for Modi in West.
support-zone.jpg

Why are only the same old parties being discussed as options? They've been tried and tested, neither side has brought fundamental, lasting change for the poorest segments or in the culture of corruption. It's been a couple of years since I've been back, so I don't know the sentiment of the populace since Anna Hazare's movement. Are people really fed up with the old nikammah parties or not?

Is it possible we see a coalition that has Kejriwal's party (though admittedly farfetched), or better yet CPIM at the helm next year? If someone could fill me in on the ground realities it would be much appreciated.

So ppl with primary education, low income groups, muslims etc.. support Congress ..I could have guessed it anyways..
Good to see huge fan following for Modi down South. Strangely not many many takers for Modi in West.
support-zone.jpg

we already face 2 terms of congress not ready for third time..besides all the central scandals increased the hatered towards congress this became a plus to modi in the south .this time no congress in A.P

Is it possible we see a coalition that has Kejriwal's party (though admittedly farfetched), or better yet CPIM at the helm next year? If someone could fill me in on the ground realities it would be much appreciated.

I hope you are not serious..

Sonia is foreign, she will play key role for relation with the Europe and western countries.
In any war situation they will rely on Europe and western countries instead of Asian countries.

it clearly shows that poors are the voters of congress and they give them daaru and 100 Rs note for vote.
I myself saw this.Thats the reason why congress keeps nation poor.

and i am sure that modi will sweep north india but have to do hard work in UP and must use OBC card coz he himself is obc

Back
Top Bottom