What's new

When will US-Turkey visa crisis be resolved?

When will US-Turkey visa crisis be resolved?

• 1 - 30 days

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 1 - 6 months

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 6 months - 2 years

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 2 years - 6 years

• 6 years - infinity

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
In your opinion when will US-Turkey visa crisis be resolved?
When will the two countries restart issuing visas in each other's countries?

The Jews in charge of policy making in Washington confuse Turks with Arabs (and Turks under CHP control). They think they can bully us and dictate to us like they've been doing for so many decades prior to AKP rule.

I say 3-4 years... That's about how long it'll take the dumb schits in charge of foreign policy in the US to realize that their Middle East policy has collapsed and the only way to make anything sensible out of the current situation there is to get Turkey to play ball, which requires improving relations with it.

In your opinion when will US-Turkey visa crisis be resolved?
When will the two countries restart issuing visas in each other's countries?

Both sides agree this is a bad thing, so it's a question of who blinks first. It could take awhile.

3-4 years... That's about how long it'll take the dumb schits in charge of policy in Washington to realize their Middle East policy has collapsed and the only way to make anything sensible out of the current situation there is to get Turkey to play ball, which requires improving relations with it.

US policy in the Middle East has nothing to do with the visa issue. The problem is bilateral, not regional.

Both sides agree this is a bad thing, so it's a question of who blinks first. It could take awhile.
I am really not quite so sure about that...
I had the same opinion until US denied visa of the Turkish delagation that was supposed to negotiate this exact same thing...

US policy in the Middle East has nothing to do with the visa issue. The problem is bilateral, not regional.
Of course it is regional. Turkey isn't playing ball like it did throughout the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. Americans aren't used to being told "no" by Turkey. They're very mad that Turkey is part of the global movement against the petro-dollar and that we won't let them create a "terror corridor" in Northern Iraq and Syria. So they think they're "punishing" Turkey by denying us visas... as if any Turk now gives two fvcks about traveling to the US. We'll happily take our tourism dollars elsewhere.

Who cares,most Turks travelling to the US have either dual citizenship or have the means to get a visa from a consulate outside the country.
It just shows that this a political move,not effective at all,just a dumb(one of so many) action taken by the current US administration to pressure my country.
It probably has to do with the YPG/PYD.

It probably has to do with the YPG/PYD.
Oh, absolutely. Turkey isn't letting PKK/YPG/PYD create a corridor of terror along our southern border and Uncle Bibbi couldn't form Independent Kurdistan because of Turkish-Iranian-Iraqi joint action. US designs in the Middle East are collapsing and the Jews in charge of policy-making are rabid mad about it all.

Too bad so sad! Suck it up you fvcking kikes.

We should also stop calling it a "crisis". Turkish economy doesn't depend on Turks' being able to travel to the US to prosper. But US' Middle East policy does depend on Americans' being able to travel to Turkey to succeed. If anything, it's a crisis for the US, not Turkey.

For Turks, it's business as usual.

You might want to wait with that statement for now,unlike you,i dont trust our government much(Manbij Syria)lets just wait and see.
I don't trust our government much either, nor do I support their every single law/policy. Ama egriye egri, dogruya dogru. We the people need to stand behind our government in their struggle against PKK/YPG/PYD expansionism in Syria and Iraq.

Of course it is regional. Turkey isn't playing ball like it did throughout the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. Americans aren't used to being told "no" by Turkey. They're very mad that Turkey is part of the global movement against the petro-dollar and that we won't let them create a "terror corridor" in Northern Iraq and Syria. So they think they're "punishing" Turkey by denying us visas... as if any Turk now gives two fvcks about traveling to the US. We'll happily take our tourism dollars elsewhere.

Turkey can say 'no' to US all it wants, but regional issue has nothing to do with this visa issue. These issues will remain even if visa issue is resolved.

As for being part of global movement against petro-dollar, that is just the usual anti-American chest beating. More bark and bite. If Turkey was really serious about going away from US/Europe, it should a) stop talking about EU 2) withdraw from NATO. Let's see if Turkey will do this.

Turks make take their tourism dollars elsewhere, but Turkey wants US tourist to come. More US tourists visit Turkey than the other way around.

Even Turkey's own numbers bare this out:

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/Eklenti/49910,decemberbulletin2016xls.xls?0

By denying US tourists visas, Turkey is only shooting itself in the foot.

I have no interest in arguing US-Turkey bilateral relations with (a) people who know fvckall about US-Turkey relations and (b) trolls. You appear to be both. Please first educate yourself in the matters you pretend to be interested in so that next time you won't sound like a complete jackass.

They're very mad that Turkey is part of the global movement against the petro-dollar and that we won't let them create a "terror corridor" in Northern Iraq and Syria.
I like this part "Movement against petro-dollar".

We'll happily take our tourism dollars elsewhere.

And this part... but I don't understand are we against using the US dollar, and we'll gladly take those dollars elsewhere or what do you mean ?o_O

USA has exhausted it self allot lately and it's a deteriorating nation financially and economically. It's funny how such an undisputed heavy weight (superpower) of the world has fallen so sharply in the last couple decades, it's reign as a superpower didn't even last 100 years. They were at their prime after WW2 till 90's, that's a good run of almost 50 years as a superpower but there's other powers emerging in tremendous speed with indications that it will surpass US by miles ahead. US now has buried it self under 20 trillion dollar debt, deteriorating infrastructure and slow moving economy.. things are looking bleak for the yanks.

US was one of the most manufacturing and exporting countries of the world till 70's.. By the 80's, greedy corporate yanks seen that they could make much more profit margins if they ship their factories to 3rd world countries which at the time was China. One after another, corporations began closing their factories in the west/US and opening new ones in China for fraction of the production costs. This saw a massive trend all while almost no manufacturing sites existed in US. Allot of people lost their jobs as a result and the economies seen a tremendous shift from manufacturing to service based economies... Almost all essential necessities in every household is now produced in China for the US.

Germany however didn't necessarily follow the US example in terms of operating and manufacturing a brand in their country. I know for a fact that things like Faber Castell company that produces coloured pencils still operate and manufacture pencils in Germany, because unlike the Americans, the Germans have a different philosophy and outlook for operating their companies in the country.. The Germans are not driven by corporate greet, rather they are there to look out for the best interest of their country and provide job opportunities for their fellow Germans. This is an example I hope Turks will follow in the years to come once we also have globally recognised brands, putting national interest first before greed.

USA has exhausted it self allot lately and it's a deteriorating nation financially and economically. It's funny how such an undisputed heavy weight (superpower) of the world has fallen so sharply in the last couple decades, it's reign as a superpower didn't even last 100 years. They were at their prime after WW2 till 90's, that's a good run of almost 50 years as a superpower but there's other powers emerging in tremendous speed with indications that it will surpass US by miles ahead. US now has buried it self under 20 trillion dollar debt, deteriorating infrastructure and slow moving economy.. things are looking bleak for the yanks.

US was one of the most manufacturing and exporting countries of the world till 70's.. By the 80's, greedy corporate yanks seen that they could make much more profit margins if they ship their factories to 3rd world countries which at the time was China. One after another, corporations began closing their factories in the west/US and opening new ones in China for fraction of the production costs. This saw a massive trend all while almost no manufacturing sites existed in US. Allot of people lost their jobs as a result and the economies seen a tremendous shift from manufacturing to service based economies... Almost all essential necessities in every household is now produced in China for the US.

Germany however didn't necessarily follow the US example in terms of operating and manufacturing a brand in their country. I know for a fact that things like Faber Castell company that produces coloured pencils still operate and manufacture pencils in Germany, because unlike the Americans, the Germans have a different philosophy and outlook for operating their companies in the country.. The Germans are not driven by corporate greet, rather they are there to look out for the best interest of their country and provide job opportunities for their fellow Germans. This is an example I hope Turks will follow in the years to come once we also have globally recognised brands, putting national interest first before greed.

I almost fully agree with the points you make here @Flux but I wouldn't dismiss America's superpower status so easily.

Yes, the US has completely lost its moral high ground to blatant hypocrisy and disregard for life, petty oil wars in the Middle East and the dozens of proxy conflicts it's involved in around the world. Yes, it appears to be in political turmoil because of the show Trump keeps putting on. Yes, economically China (and a handful of others) is growing faster than the US per annum and it's projected to overtake the US before 2030.

But let's remember. China has to feed $1.4 billion people with their money whereas the US only $330 million. Hence, the US can afford to spend much more on defense than China on any given year, not to mention America's existing accumulation of military might which dwarfs the PLA by a very large margin.

That said, I agree that the US doesn't have much going for it other than a strong military. For example it's 14th in quality of education and only 27th in quality of healthcare, scoring behind even Turkey in that regard.

https://www.numbeo.com/health-care/rankings_by_country.jsp

But America has the one thing that matters the most in determining "superpower" status, military might. And they've shown the world many times that they're not afraid to use it to safeguard their interests -- even at the expense of righteousness.

Back
Top Bottom