What's new

When will BrahMos breach Mach 7 barrier?

The cost to build Mach7 speed missile will be more than building laser or electron powered weapons which could travel much faster and more accurate. But then it also requires a complete new framework. Lets see where world goes.....
Indeed very cheap since you people mastered that tech in vedic era so use same tech and become supa pawa again :lol:

Keep telling that to yourself.

Naan oru thadava sonna, nooru thadava sonna maadiri

lol false flagger.

Maiyuru idhu thavira vera edhucha pesu da loosu pu

ONTOPIC:

Well, technological advances are hard to attain. You cannot deliver a baby in 1 month by adding 9 other women.

Indeed very cheap since you people mastered that tech in vedic era so use same tech and become supa pawa again :lol:

Oh for small distances like 500-1000km we can arm our local residents near border areas with mooli/Raddish Parata with onion curd. Thats vedic era tech, best kill rate and travels faster then Mach 10 for sure. On top of that no ABD can stop them or Radars could detect them.

“We will require seven to ten years from now to become a hypersonic missile system,” Sudhir Mishra,

I'd rather have had that prediction by a Russian source ...
because I won't be there to see it once converted to IST.

Interesting! I have seen this narrative quite often. It is actually not the case.
Meet AGM-69 sram. Mach 3.0 missile.

Or Old Kh-31 : 2-3.5 Mach missile

Or YJ-18 China 3.0 Mach

Mach 3.0 has been around for quite sometime. That said such a speed indeed makes defence very very hard.

Yup, ASMP-A M3+, Meteor M4+, ASN4G program Mach 4-5 to x.
ETC.

In fact, if we combine IST and Indian imagination,
we can rest assured that Brahmos will at least reach
top levels in hyperbole if not in hypersonic speeds.

:enjoy: Good day all, Tay.

Last edited:
lol false flagger.

Maiyuru idhu thavira vera edhucha pesu da loosu pu

Enthiran?

nin appa loosu nin amma loosu. Nin famililo ellaru loosu.

Ye kya bol Raha hai muh me lavda phas Gaya kya

He forgot to switch accounts. Don’t be so hard on him.

I ain't. I can proudly say I'm an Indian. My posts reflect the same and I supported India almost in every post of mine and criticized in a few aspects as well. But douches like you don't even have the balls to put up the flags of your damned country

Kannaaa Pani Thaa Kutama Varu Singo Singala Tha Varum

Translation: Only pigs come in groups. A tiger comes alone.

ETC.

Hi @Taygibay
I was about to pass off this thread except for your post and since I believe you have requisite background. Let me shed some light on prospects of Brahmos achieving hypersonics-
Unknown to a lot of folks here, DRDL is actually working on both liquid ramjet and scramjet engines. The liquid ramjet is basically gonna be Indian replica of russian liquid ramjet that is currently in use with brahmos. Previously, Russia supplied two of the most critical piece of equipment in Brahmos viz the engine and the seeker, however with successful development and integration of an Indian seeker, the only critical piece of technology that is still Russian in brahmos is the engine.

Touching upon hypersonics, one of my friends and his team(DRDL) is working on scramjet propulsion and back in 2012, they demonstrated the test firing of such an engine for full 20 seconds. The main challenge is to sustain that combustion for couple of minutes and that would push Indian metallurgy to the brinks. There is also a separate program in ISRO to design a scramjet engine an air breathing alternative to hypergolics--
https://www.isro.gov.in/update/28-a...isros-scramjet-engine-technology-demonstrator

Propulsion is just one aspect of the problem, a hypersonic vehicle will need a kind of control system with as small system delay as possible. There are couple of variable structure based control strategies available in the literature(AIAA journals) for controlling the flight path of a hypersonic RV, however LOS guidance scheme with multiple layers(loops) are inherently more complex than simple flight path control problem. For instance the latter is something that will be used for any hypersonic missile. The delays can potentially destabilize the system. We can safely assume it will still take at least a decade for India to develop HSTDV-- and that is considering a lot has already been done at a prototype level in scramjet propulsion.
PS- Lets not take fanboys and news article seriously!

Last edited:
DRDL is actually working on both liquid ramjet and scramjet engines. The liquid ramjet is basically gonna be Indian replica of russian liquid ramjet that is currently in use with brahmos.

There is also a separate program in ISRO to design a scramjet engine an air breathing alternative to hypergolics--

The delays can potentially destabilize the system.

Agreed to first & second and the text around them
but it points out to the third item and that's all and
only what my post decried.

As for controls, it depends on mission and targets.
If your Brahmos has a pre-set target, controls need
not be spectacular to reach a point on a map. Just
use G3OM and expand GAGAN and that's it.
If you consider moving targets in 3D, it gets tough.

And that's where the controls only need to be ready
when the indigenous seeker is ready so no rush.

Considering the first control related failure was
over 9 years ago [ Jan. 2009 ] and the new local
algorithms and seeker have worked for 4 years
[ since July 2014 ], I'm betting the speeds will
strangely enough come last.

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

I really do believe that we will achieve the above mentioned speed with the Brahmos. Only a matter of time.

Kannaaa Pani Thaa Kutama Varu Singo Singala Tha Varum

Translation: Only pigs come in groups. A tiger comes alone.

Oh! Is that why you stick to Bhushan/Nilu’s backside on every thread?
Many other pack animals like lions and wolves exist- so that negates any other foolish phrases you might throw around.
Personally I identify with the human kind- another example of a great pack/social animal.

Translation in your native swine language:
Oink oink snort sniff oink oink oink oink grunt grunt .

I really do believe that we will achieve the above mentioned speed with the Brahmos. Only a matter of time.

Oh! Is that why you stick to Bhushan/Nilu’s backside on every thread?
Many other pack animals like lions and wolves exist- so that negates any other foolish phrases you might throw around.
Personally I identify with the human kind- another example of a great pack/social animal.

Translation in your native swine language:
Oink oink snort sniff oink oink oink oink grunt grunt .

People in glass houses should not throw stones at others.

You do baccha baazi with your bhayya BF across the border like @lastofthepatriots day-in and day-out forgetting that they have stabbed India in the back not once but twice.

1) By converting from Dharmic religion to Islam

2) Dividing from India

This is insulting to non-bhayyas like us who have stood by bhayyas like you through thick and thin.

On top of that you indulge in racism and call us false flaggers.

@randomradio acts as a moderator on a forum owned by a Pakistani and has the gal to call other fellow Indians as false-flaggers. You guys should first prove that you are not before judging others.

@Nilu Pule

People in glass houses should not throw stones at others.

You do baccha baazi with your bhayya BF across the border like @lastofthepatriots day-in and day-out forgetting that they have stabbed India in the back not once but twice.

1) By converting from Dharmic religion to Islam

2) Dividing from India

This is insulting to non-bhayyas like us who have stood by bhayyas like you through thick and thin.

On top of that you indulge in racism and call us false flaggers.

@randomradio acts as a moderator on a forum owned by a Pakistani and has the gal to call other fellow Indians as false-flaggers. You guys should first prove that you are not before judging others.

@Nilu Pule

Don’t do off topic discussions here.

Rich coming from a guy who just posted:

By the time it reaches Mach 7, Russia would have kicked India out of this project. I foresee Pakistan replacing India in this project.

Long live Russia-Pakistan brotherhood.

You are either a ghaddar of the worst kind/ or (most likely) a false flagger. You got caught with your pants down.

I would stand by you if you didn’t waltz in everyday insulting India, and wishing ill on her.

I respect @lastofthepatriots as some one who doesn’t waiver from his stand or principles, for being a true Punjabi, and share a common admiration of Punjab and its culture with him. No need to tag other members and run your vile mouth you attention whore.

You calling me bhayya is very ignorant and far from the truth. It’s like calling every Caucasian man you see an American. That’s how dumb you sound.

‘Long live Russia-Pakistan brotherhood’ with the wishful thinking of Pakistan acquiring cutting edge Indian missile tech on a Brahmos thread- is truly the pinnacle of patriotism, that is, if you’re a Pakistani.

Lol at you.

Last edited:
Don’t do off topic discussions here.

It's you who have brought an off topic discussion by judging me as a false flagger.

Rich coming from a guy who just posted:

There is nothing wrong in what I posted.

You are either a ghaddar of the worst kind/ or (most likely) a false flagger. You got caught with your pants down.

Stop being a peeping tom.

I would stand by you if you didn’t waltz in everyday insulting India, and wishing ill on her.

I respect @lastofthepatriots as some one who doesn’t waiver from his stand or principles, for being a true Punjabi, and share a common admiration of Punjab and its culture with him. No need to tag other members and run your vile mouth you attention whore.

Admiration my foot. You are flirting unconditionally with the guys across the border who have killed thousands of your citizens but impose conditions to support one of your own.

You calling me bhayya is very ignorant and far from the truth. It’s like calling every Caucasian man you see an American. That’s how dumb you sound.

You act like a bhayya, you talk like a bhayya and you are a bhayya. go flirt with the bhayyas across the border.

‘Long live Russia-Pakistan brotherhood’ with the wishful thinking of Pakistan acquiring cutting edge Indian missile tech on a Brahmos thread- is truly the pinnacle of patriotism, that is, if you’re a Pakistani.

Lol at you.
And doing bachha baazi with your fellow bhayyas across the border is what?

ETC.

ASMP-A is less than M3.

Meteor isn't a cruise missile. Indians don't talk about ASTRA which is M4.5.

ASN4G is an ongoing program, just like the ongoing program in OP.

DcEBnluVQAAji5d.jpg:large

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom