What's new

When US supported Pak military bloodshed in Bangladesh

They will not Move us forward, actually no country can lift another country alone without mutual interest.

So if together we can grab the strategical and economical opportunities in each other's country, our position and growth may go more secure and faster. Like barrier/quota free trades between two countries will move us forward. We have longer lists of products to avail the barrier/quota free trades mutually unlike India from where we import more. We can use their Gadwar port to use the route of PK-Iran to reach Middle Asia/Eastern Europe for our export. A defence pact with them can give us more security in case of a adversary situation with India.

There are more countries like China, Russia, Turkey with whom we can have a strategical relationship. We don't have to build a strategical relationship with a country which almost destroyed us.

There are more countries like China, Russia, Turkey with whom we can have a strategical relationship. We don't have to build a strategical relationship with a country which almost destroyed us.

Dumb thinking. Vietnam has a strategic relationship with the United States. Bangladeshis have to stop living in the past.

What makes you think that the country that destroyed us in 1971 will help us to move forward.?

The country that supposedly helped us in 1971 is now destroying us and actually behaves like an enemy so your logic makes no sense.

good good, let the hate flow through.you know...for people who even werent born in 71. infact,Mujib befriended Pakistan right after the war.

Pak army killed Bangladeshi men, yes, but the destruction of roads, culverts and bridges were destroyed by Indian army to keep the PA scattered and unorganized. IA should have helped BD without destroying our infrastructure, but I wonder if they did care.

Pak army killed Bangladeshi men, yes, but the destruction of roads, culverts and bridges were destroyed by Indian army to keep the PA scattered and unorganized. IA should have helped BD without destroying our infrastructure, but I wonder if they did care.

And what about the killing of intellectuals

And what about the killing of intellectuals

it was war for god's sake. most of them were in the pro-liberation front. we do give them respect, they even got statues made, so lets not hurt the country's foreign relations for something that happened decades ago. look at europe and grow up

it was war for god's sake. most of them were in the pro-liberation front. we do give them respect, they even got statues made, so lets not hurt the country's foreign relations for something that happened decades ago. look at europe and grow up

Ok I am convinced that growing relationship with Pakistan is profitable to us. But we can't shamelessly ask Pakistan to make some deals with us. Pakistan has to come forward. They were the oppressor in 1971 and we were the victims.

Ok I am convinced that growing relationship with Pakistan is profitable to us. But we can't shamelessly ask Pakistan to make some deals with us. Pakistan has to come forward. They were the oppressor in 1971 and we were the victims.

Really? Pakistani fm comes to visit us and we shamelessly reject them and ask them for an apology. how immature does that sound?

Really? Pakistani fm comes to visit us and we shamelessly reject them and ask them for an apology. how immature does that sound?

I agree this was a bad decision. And I think this was obvious with AL running the government. But if Pakistan is interested we should be interested too.

I agree this was a bad decision. And I think this was obvious with AL running the government. But if Pakistan is interested we should be interested too.

What more seriousness would you expect from a country that sends its FM to invite BD PM for a summit in Islamabad in person?

What more seriousness would you expect from a country that sends its FM to invite BD PM for a summit in Islamabad in person?

Yes Pakistan seems much serious. But Bangladesh government isn't showing any interest. I think now is the time to get a move on and build a strategical relationship between the two countries. For our welfare. At least the government should arrange some diplomatic meetings and visits.

Back
Top Bottom