What's new

When ignorance of Kalma made IAF pilot a Pakistan PoW

Moral of the story:
Indian officers should be taught how to survive ok enemies territory by "camouflaging" themsleves.
Hardly possible in a professional enemy military. Every military man without papers will be screened. :D

Moral of the story:
Indian officers should be taught how to survive in enemies territory by "camouflaging" themsleves.
But I dont think anything like this would have worked had he landed in China. But this man was lucky...so damn lucky.:)
Why not ? We could send Gurkha pilots & pilots from NE & ask them to camouflage as Tibetans.

Hardly possible in a professional enemy military. Every military man without papers will be screened. :D
Of course!
Its not possible in this era.
But this man still had time to escape after he reached the village.
It was his luck that saved him like Flt.Lt. Nachiketa in kargil.

Why not ? We could send Gurkha pilots & pilots from NE & ask them to camouflage as Tibetans.
I still feel that our men would be easily caught in China than in Pakistan and that should be the reason why our spies perform better in Pakistan (I meant in extracting info).

Of course!
I still feel that our men would be easily caught in China than in Pakistan and that should be the reason why our spies perform better in Pakistan (I meant in extracting info).
"our spies " Not necessarily means spies with India nationality. If we want to get spies in China we could do it through Vietnam & other nationals.

Of course!
Its not possible in this era.
But this man still had time to escape after he reached the village.
It was his luck that saved him like Flt.Lt. Nachiketa in kargil.

Yeah, quite common. Its called soldier's luck.

Hope IAF must have learnt the lesson and start teaching Kalma now to their soldiers

Unlikely. He was a soldier and he saw four soldiers. In a face to face situation soldiers remain soldiers. Especially Indian and Pakistani soldiers. He simply did not recite it on a matter of principle.
Not sure abt indians though. The elders still tell us abt the funny stories of the indians in 65 war. Believe me some of them are just hilarious. I just wish if sir @Muradk was here. And oh wait @asad71 do u remember any funny stories abt indian pilots or army or even navy men?

Not sure abt indians though. The elders still tell us abt the funny stories of the indians in 65 war. Believe me some of them are just hilarious. I just wish if sir @Muradk was here. And oh wait @asad71 do u remember any funny stories abt indian pilots or army or even navy men?
Enlighten us with those"funny" stories.

"our spies " Not necessarily means spies with India nationality. If we want to get spies in China we could do it through Vietnam & other nationals.
Reminds me of how recently the NTRO leads went dead in CHINA.
Yeah, quite common. Its called soldier's luck.
Not so common when its between India and Pak. Remember Saurabh Kalia.
Enlighten us with those"funny" stories.
better avoid such low life trolls.When we stop responding to'em, they'll go mute out of frustration.

I know a story of Indian Navy officers who spoke Russian to confuse the Pakistanis during 1971 attack on Karachi Harbour

Reminds me of how recently the NTRO leads went dead in CHINA.

Not so common when its between India and Pak. Remember Saurabh Kalia.

better avoid such low life trolls.When we stop responding to'em, they'll go mute out of frustration.
India and Pakistan are not exaclty the ideal adversaries.

Certainly. Many stories are there. Of comradeship, valor, sacrifice, humanity etc.

Pretty stupid chestthumping from Pakistanis.

According to Article 5 of Geneva convention 1929, a officer is bound to declare , if he is interrogated on the subject, his true name and rank, or his regimental number.

https://www.icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl...63da005fdb1b/eb1571b00daec90ec125641e00402aa6

So, @HAIDER @KingMamba @Thorough Pro @fahadmahmood20 @Rajput Warrior @Green Arrow @levina @SarthakGanguly @Soumitra @Lord Aizen @third eye

He was supposed to give his name and rank when interrogated by Uniformed personals. He could put up any charade in front of civilians.Assuming that it is even wise to do so, since rangers would have driven him to nearest military base anyway.

This has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing Kalma.

Back
Top Bottom