What's new

When Germany is Christian, is India Hindu?

guys please edit and translate all of your non-english posts

One good thing about Hinduism is: it limited the spreading of Islam.

Wut? Look at a map, Indonesia and Malaysia and even the Philippines are further east than India where Islam has spread.

Wut? Look at a map, Indonesia and Malaysia and even the Philippines are further east than India where Islam has spread.

Don't waste time on him.

He obviously hasn't a clue about the history of Buddhism in India -- how it was all but eradicated by the Brahmins long before Muslim conquests.

As used in the Constitution of India, the word "Hindu" is attributed to all persons professing any Indian religion (i.e. Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism or Sikhism).

I dont see wrong in calling India a Hindu nation...not a big deal..But that should not motivate the hindu extremists to act like mullahs of muslim countries as Indian constitution gives freedom to all its citizen and they are free to pursue their own religious faith...

We are different than Germany...hence we are called India, Bharat and Hindustan. If we compare our country with Germany on things like number of Chirstians or Hindus then I guess we are degrading our own pride.

Don't waste time on him.

He obviously hasn't a clue about the history of Buddhism in India -- how it was all but eradicated by the Brahmins long before Muslim conquests.

Not really..... Nalanda was destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khalji... If Buddhism was in decline, it wouldn't have such a thriving University.

India is a hindu majority country. That is a fact. We want our laws to be secular hence we dont like being called hindu country. Germans can call themselves christian country, why should we be like them.

No body is questioning constitution in the article. It talks about Indian being bracketed under Hindu Countries because majority of Indians are Hindus just like Germany is bracketed as a "Christian Country" because majority there is Christian. Mind it Germany has secular laws too. What you are talking about is a totally different matter? No one would want Indian constitution to turn Hindu.

The nature of India will always be Hindu or Dharmic and that is why world view us as peaceful.

Please speak for your self only. No one appointed you a spokesman.

Hindu India can be secular now what is wrong with it?

Because Germany doesn't have one of the biggest population of Muslims and Sikhs along with Christians and Buddhist in good numbers.

But the outlook of the country will always be Hindu or as I said Dharmic. Most of the outsiders consider India as a Hindu/Dharmic country because of our ancient culture and religion. But this has nothing to do with Constitution, law and order etc. They being secular have never been in conflict with Hinduism or Dharmic religions.

No body is questioning constitution in the article. It talks about Indian being bracketed under Hindu Countries because majority of Indians are Hindus just like Germany is bracketed as a "Christian Country" because majority there is Christian. Mind it Germany has secular laws too. What you are talking about is a totally different matter? No one would want Indian constitution to turn Hindu.

The nature of India will always be Hindu or Dharmic and that is why world view us as peaceful.
I am really not sure hindus or people of dharmic faith are inherently more peaceful, its a cultural thing. A haryana hindu is probably more violent than tamil or bangladeshi muslim.

Not really..... Nalanda was destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khalji... If Buddhism was in decline, it wouldn't have such a thriving University.

There are many threads about the history of Buddhism in India. It is tangential to this thread, so we can agree to disagree.

As used in the Constitution of India, the word "Hindu" is attributed to all persons professing any Indian religion (i.e. Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism or Sikhism).

Not actually. I have read and discussed said passages with someone on this forum. They can be interpreted in that manner, because of the language used, but it has been stated multiple times by various authoritative persons that they don't.

Don't forget that the chairman of constitution assembly, Dr B R Ambedkar was not Hindu, but Buddhist. He would have been the first person to oppose being lumped together with Hindus.

I am really not sure hindus or people of dharmic faith are inherently more peaceful, its a cultural thing. A haryana hindu is probably more violent than tamil or bangladeshi muslim.

Is this comparison being discussed in this thread? I am sure there will be many violent Indians of all religions in India.

What you picked up in my whole post is the last one liner. But what ever I said there is anyways true even with the existence of few extremists because the majority are peace loving. The concept of ahimsa, peace, tolerance, lessons from our holy epics constitutes the basic hindu/dharmic messages that spread across the world originating from culturally hindu/dharmic India.

There are many threads about the history of Buddhism in India. It is tangential to this thread, so we can agree to disagree.

A lie will remain a lie no matter how many times it is spoken specially when it comes out of the mouth of the deluded misguided ones.

The article very excellently sums the attitude of Commies and wannbee secularist whose hate their orginal roots.

Hinduism is in a different category from the Abrahamic religions. Its history, compared to Christianity and Islam was undoubtedly the least violent as it spread in ancient times by convincing arguments and not by force. It is not a belief system that demands blind belief in dogmas and the suspension of one’s intelligence. On the contrary, Hinduism encourages using one’s intelligence to the hilt.
Hinduism is probably only religon that let's you question it. And what the author here says about Abrahamic religions is so true and something even what RabindNath Tagore said.

Christianity and Islam determined to destroy all other Religions: There are two religions in earth, which have distinct enmity against all other religions. These two are Christianity and Islam. They are not just satisfied with observing their own religions, but are determined to destroy all other religions. That's why the only way to make peace with them is to embrace their religions." (Original works of Rabindranath Vol. 24 pages 375, Vishwa ******; 1982)

What an Idea Sirji!! I dont remember any Haryana LTTE.

India is a hindu majority country. That is a fact. We want our laws to be secular hence we dont like being called hindu country. Germans can call themselves christian country, why should we be like them.

You are just following Christianity.

If a person is calling him secular, he is unknowingly following Christianity since secularism is nothing but watered down Christianity.

Yet virtually all the secular ideas that non-believers value have Christian origins. To pretend otherwise is to toss the substance of those ideas away. It was theologians and religiously minded philosophers who developed the concepts of individual and human rights. Same with progress, reason, and equality before the law: it is fantasy to suggest these values emerged out of thin air once people started questioning God.

The basic philosophy of modern secular democracy - that religious belief is a matter of individual conscience, not government - is a Christian idea.

Secular world has a Christian foundation

Dharma already provides all the necessary ingridients to preserve the fabric of the Indian society.

Infact itself is the very fabric and foundation of India.

Why does India need A bastardized version of a middle eastern ideological cult!

What benefit does it provide to India?

An example to illustrate the point.

Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq et all fully converted to Christianity within a few decades of being invaded and conquered by Muslims. All the other religions in those regions were systematically converted or exterminated. Very few fled and are the last of their religions.The demography in these countries is now 99% Muslims.

Hindus and Budhists despite being conquered for over 700 years by Muslims, did not convert, at least not fully. The only major geographically contiguous area of India that converted to Islam was Pakistan which today has 99% Muslim population.

There is an unbroken chain of Muslim countries from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan. The only breakwater - and the largest country among them- is India.

Had Hindus been fully converted, you can be sure that China, et all would have had Islam as the largest religion. The Budhists would not be present in the East Asian countries in their current strengths either.

Islam was practically stopped its faith conquering march in India on account of Hindus not converting.

Back
Top Bottom