What's new

When Afghan Kings Ruled the Pakistani region

KeenGuy

BANNED
Reaction score
Where can I find more info on this? Can somebody with knowledge of the Durrani Empire explain how their rule was? They ruled all of Pakistan's territory and parts of Iran for about 80 years.

3187949183_2e9ccfa419_m.jpg

I was am not intending to start controversy but I want to know the history of this.

I was in a discussion with a Punjabi who was explaining to me why some of the Pashtuns in Pakistan and the Afghans have hate towards Pakistan and the Iranians. After the partition in 47 the predominant ruler's of Pakistan's government have been Punjabis and their treatment towards Pashtuns and Afghans have not been very kind. He said this is partly due to corruption but it was mostly due to hate from the past.

He stated that the Afghan Kings of the Durrani Empire (the Pashtuns)were very brutal to the Punjabis and Iranians. And since the partition the Punjabis and Iranians have given the Pasthuns and Afghans unfair treatment as this is mostly centered around hate from the past. He said that the Punjabis have not forgotten the past and now they have the upper hand what is happening and has happened is essentially payback.

I would like some other members input on this.

Thanks.

:pakistan:

Correct your title Pakistan was formed in 1947, and only Pakistanis have been it's 'Kings' and inshallah we'll make sure it stays that way till the breath serves

Where can I find more info on this? Can somebody with knowledge of the Durrani Empire explain how their rule was? They ruled all of Pakistan's territory and parts of Iran for about 80 years.

3187949183_2e9ccfa419_m.jpg
Punjab and Sindh yes but not Baluchistan

I was in a discussion with a Punjabi who was explaining to me why some of the Pashtuns in Pakistan and the Afghans have hate towards Pakistan and the Iranians. After the partition in 47 the predominant ruler's of Pakistan's government have been Punjabis and their treatment towards Pashtuns and Afghans have not been very kind. He said this is partly due to corruption but it was mostly due to hate from the past.

He stated that the Afghan Kings of the Durrani Empire (the Pashtuns)were very brutal to the Punjabis and Iranians. And since the partition the Punjabis and Iranians have given the Pasthuns and Afghans unfair treatment as this is mostly centered around hate from the past. He said that the Punjabis have not forgotten the past and now they have the upper hand what is happening and has happened is essentially payback.

They were brutal to Punjabis yes. There is common man saying in Punjab which says "Khada Peeda lai da, baqi Ahmed Shahay da" meaning yours is what ever u eat and drinks, other is Ahmed Shah's. But Punjabis took their revenge in 1800 when Ranjit Singh took power in Punjab. He was supported by both Punjabi Sikhs and Musalman. His empire was also very brutal to the Pushtuns. So technically we are all even. Now common Punjabi do not know his history therefore has no historical hate towards the pushtuns.

Come on, no one has given bad treatment to Pashtuns, our intelligence (majority) and army (high percentage) is Pashtun. Also we host the worlds largest Pashtun population.

I am half Sindhi and Khan so I know.

Back
Top Bottom