What's new

WHAT'S INSIDE THE AH-64E APACHE FOR INDIA?

It doesn't have to be about pakistan or china. .We have other neighbors, other threat specifics..its more about building capabilities. .so when the time comes we don't suffer the lack of such a platform in the armory.

AH's can fly faster, reach places where other ground units cannot, see hostiles earlier and when need be...take them out... provide cover, take out terrorists at the LOC like the US used it to take out the taliban...There's so much such a machine can do.
True, a few years back the COAS had explicitly stated this. The Indian Mil is not building itself up with specific threats in mind but building its capabilities to deal with any conceivable mission congruent with India's place in the world and aspirations.

This is a straw man argument my friend. Ten years of modernisation doesn't make much of a difference if the funds you have are limited (and from what understand CAPEX has been under strain for the past decade at least for Pakistan's military). I'm sure the Pak mil have done their best but at some point it will be futile. The Iraqi military had over a decade to prepare for the 2003 invasion but their AD system was annihilated in hours, at some point the conventional military imbalance between India and Pakistan will not be dissimilar to the US and Iraq.

Iraq was under the severest of sanctions and isolated from many countries. That simply is not a comparison.
Pakistan's economy is growing, and with that is coming modernisation. The conventional imbalance won't ever reach what he US enjoyed via Iraq. You also left out that Iraq's most capable fighting units were destroyed, or at the very least heavily depleted during the first war.

Iraq was under the severest of sanctions and isolated from many countries. That simply is not a comparison.
Pakistan's economy is growing, and with that is coming modernisation. The conventional imbalance won't ever reach what he US enjoyed via Iraq. You also left out that Iraq's most capable fighting units were destroyed, or at the very least heavily depleted during the first war.
Fair points sir and to be clear, I am not stipulating this aforementioned imbalance will occur in the short term or even medium term but in a few decades the imbalance will be vast- the Iraq/US analogy was perhaps a gross exaggeration though.

I have no doubt Pakistan's economy will grow but so will India's and given that India is projected to be one of the fastest growing economies for the foreseeable future and India's base is already higher than Pakistan's (9-10 times larger) so I do not see how the gap will close, only grow.

True, a few years back the COAS had explicitly stated this. The Indian Mil is not building itself up with specific threats in mind but building its capabilities to deal with any conceivable mission congruent with India's place in the world and aspirations.

And..The forces are also looking at a hi lo configuration in helis to complete the spectrum and achieve a common platform as well.

LM, Boeing, raytheon, BAE..All are betting big on the Indian requirements.

And..The forces are also looking at a hi lo configuration in helis to complete the spectrum and achieve a common platform as well.

LM, Boeing, raytheon, BAE..All are betting big on the Indian requirements.
You don't seem to be talking about the Apache-LCH combo....?

Fair points sir and to be clear, I am not stipulating this aforementioned imbalance will occur in the short term or even medium term but in a few decades the imbalance will be vast- the Iraq/US analogy was perhaps a gross exaggeration though.

I have no doubt Pakistan's economy will grow but so will India's and given that India is projected to be one of the fastest growing economies for the foreseeable future and India's base is already higher than Pakistan's (9-10 times larger) so I do not see how the gap will close, only grow.

Yes I agree they'll always been an imbalance. As for the gap increasing, that'll happen if Pakistan stays stagnant and India continues its present growth rate. But look these things are way off-topic and it's best just to post about the Apache and its capabilities.

That is not fully possible now although PA is taking this scenario in consideration and getting required SAMS and upgrading current available capability.
choppers will be flying below radar range. hence there wont be a problems with sams. only manpads and portable horizon radars will be their nemesis.

I didn't read the entire article the first time so I missed this:

The Block III, of course, comes with a full in-flight refuelling capability -- the Apaches will be refuellable even from the IAF's C-130Js if necessary.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an Apache with an IFR probe and seriously doubt such a capability is coming on the IAF's AH-64Es. Additionally have the IAF configured their dedicated Special Operations C-130J-30s to be able to conduct AAR?

I didn't read the entire article the first time so I missed this:

I'm not sure I've ever seen an Apache with an IFR probe and seriously doubt such a capability is coming on the IAF's AH-64Es. Additionally have the IAF configured their dedicated Special Operations C-130J-30s to be able to conduct AAR?

Yes sir, I had a picture with airrefueling probe.

See this.

Attachments

• IMG-20151006-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20151006-WA0026.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 48
This is a straw man argument my friend. Ten years of modernisation doesn't make much of a difference if the funds you have are limited (and from what understand CAPEX has been under strain for the past decade at least for Pakistan's military). I'm sure the Pak mil have done their best but at some point it will be futile. The Iraqi military had over a decade to prepare for the 2003 invasion but their AD system was annihilated in hours, at some point the conventional military imbalance between India and Pakistan will not be dissimilar to the US and Iraq.

Over the entire nation of Pakistan? Probably not but that is not what I had said mate. I stated that the Indian military will be able to get air supremacy over the battlefields/areas where the integrated battle groups (IBGs) would launch their operations into so as to allow these IBGs to prosecute their objectives at will.

No, they won't be able to do it for whole battle time but may be for very small time, because PA is now capable to fight with out air cover and they are increasing that capability every passing day.

choppers will be flying below radar range. hence there wont be a problems with sams. only manpads and portable horizon radars will be their nemesis.

Dear check out what FM-90 can do and what kind of air defence network Pakistan has now, you will know that low flying objects will be detected and engaged effectively.

Attack helis, no more how advanced they are, are of little usage in full scale war like between pakistan and india..Both these countries have sufficient weapons with their ground forces to shoot down any heli. They are good only for LIC

I think this is not necessarily for Indo Pak war in Western Border. i am guessing it to more to do with deployment in Higher mountain regions on NOrther side and also usage of the technology for Dhruva helicpoter.

Back
Top Bottom