What's new

What's going on with the Piri Reis?

What engine does the Turkish Submarines use, a German diesel or an indigenous engine?
They are ALL MTU German diesel engines.

There's no information about STM500 that's not even built yet but it's safe to presume that it will be MTU aswell

Last edited:
Lol you can't be serious

I'm pretty sure attack subs aren't under warranty :D

Piri Reis is already modified quite a bit from the original Type 214 as per Turkish Navy's request

Yes but when you sign a contract you can not make change after the agreement. So if we want to change the propeller it will cost us money and need permission from Germans. Or you say fak it let it expire.

Dumb greece propanda tool.

You see how quickly that LegionnairE fellow jumped on Foinikas' BS bait? lol, I swear I almost think these mofos are working together. 😂 lol, Foinikas sets the bait and then the other guy comes in to create a kerfuffle over it, and then immediately launches into his own political diatribes.

I was watching TV today and they mentioned that the Turkish government made a blunder out of its rush to show the Piri Reis submarine:
Apparently,the Piri Reis' propeller was revealed to the world without any cover on top. From what the guy on the story said (if I got it correctly),a submarine's propeller must always be covered when it's in open view,because enemies can study it,run the shape on simulators and computer and thus discover the submarine's soundprint. He concluded by saying,the people at the HN are probably very happy right now.

Unfortunately,I don't have articles and videos from reliable defence sites right now. They will probably talk about it later.

But...it's possible the Turkish government,for propaganda reasons,rushed to show the submarine or completely ignored any objections from the Turkish Navy leadership...just to brag. If that's the case,then it's a big blunder. Anyone,who's an expert on the subject?

I work for MIT secret intelligence, and I am now going to leak Greek TOP SECRET PROPELLER DESIGN FOR
S-120_Papanikolis SUBMARINE (which i totally didn't get from wikipedia 😉)

S-120_Papanikolis_1.jpg

clown-clown-meme.gif

I work for MIT secret intelligence, and I am now going to leak Greek TOP SECRET PROPELLER DESIGN FOR
S-120_Papanikolis SUBMARINE (which i totally didn't get from wikipedia 😉)

S-120_Papanikolis_1.jpg

clown-clown-meme.gif
Shame on you. I want my money back.

You see how quickly that LegionnairE fellow jumped on Foinikas' BS bait? lol, I swear I almost think these mofos are working together. 😂 lol, Foinikas sets the bait and then the other guy comes in to create a kerfuffle over it, and then immediately launches into his own political diatribes.
Full Retard

Shame on you. I want my money back.

Don't worry Foinikas, I did some additional espionage as MIT agent and am ready to now leak more images of SECRET GREEK S-120 Papanikolis PROPELLER(which i totally didn't steal from reddit this time. 😉) MORE SCANDAL as that ignorant clown LegionnairE would say. 😂

mucl4hcthzg51.jpg

Yeah well i want my time back, In the time it took you to make your BS post, you could have just googled 214 submarine propeller, or hell literally the image used for the 214 submarine for the wikipedia article for it.

Yeah well i want my time back, In the time it took you to make your BS post, you could have just googled 214 submarine propeller, or hell literally the image used for the 214 submarine for the wikipedia article for it.
I was googling the story and similar info about the Piri Reis propeller. Usually SKAI (the TV channel) doesn't talk nonsense when it comes to defence subjects,but since I wasn't sure of what's going on,I posted it here. After all,it's a forum. And forums are for discussions. Or do you think,that I should have pretended to be a know-it-all, like a certain guy...and try to look like I am learned in everything and don't need to ask stuff?

Back
Top Bottom