What's new

What's going on with the Piri Reis?

Foinikas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I was watching TV today and they mentioned that the Turkish government made a blunder out of its rush to show the Piri Reis submarine:
Apparently,the Piri Reis' propeller was revealed to the world without any cover on top. From what the guy on the story said (if I got it correctly),a submarine's propeller must always be covered when it's in open view,because enemies can study it,run the shape on simulators and computer and thus discover the submarine's soundprint. He concluded by saying,the people at the HN are probably very happy right now.

Unfortunately,I don't have articles and videos from reliable defence sites right now. They will probably talk about it later.

But...it's possible the Turkish government,for propaganda reasons,rushed to show the submarine or completely ignored any objections from the Turkish Navy leadership...just to brag. If that's the case,then it's a big blunder. Anyone,who's an expert on the subject?

I was watching TV today and they mentioned that the Turkish government made a blunder out of its rush to show the Piri Reis submarine:
Apparently,the Piri Reis' propeller was revealed to the world without any cover on top. From what the guy on the story said (if I got it correctly),a submarine's propeller must always be covered when it's in open view,because enemies can study it,run the shape on simulators and computer and thus discover the submarine's soundprint. He concluded by saying,the people at the HN are probably very happy right now.

Unfortunately,I don't have articles and videos from reliable defence sites right now. They will probably talk about it later.

But...it's possible the Turkish government,for propaganda reasons,rushed to show the submarine or completely ignored any objections from the Turkish Navy leadership...just to brag. If that's the case,then it's a big blunder. Anyone,who's an expert on the subject?

Or they revealed a decoy propeller to mislead? :D

It might be big for Media or enthusiasts. But that's the reason countries have intelligence agencies, projects like these, in some instances other agencies will have more info than people involved in the project themselves.

Or they revealed a decoy propeller to mislead? :D
That is of course a possible scenario. I'm just waiting to see if any reliable defence site will post an article about it. So far,I've only found a video from Pentapostagma,but that's a religious site.

That is of course a possible scenario. I'm just waiting to see if any reliable defence site will post an article about it. So far,I've only found a video from Pentapostagma,but that's a religious site.
I was able to find some things from 2021, looks like old news but really happened.

This was supposedly on some ceremony yesterday or...the other day? When was it?
Here's a conversation that happened on March 2021

The last post is saying "it's the same propeller on all Type 214s no secrets exposed here."

Even if so, why would you expose that it's the same one? It looks like a mistake has been made.

Here's a conversation that happened on March 2021

The last post is saying "it's the same propeller on all Type 214s no secrets exposed here."

Even if so, why would you expose that it's the same one? It looks like a mistake has been made.
Imagine...how much they rushed to show it for propaganda reasons (great leader,great new era etc. etc.) and ignored the Navy and the experts...

The propeller was first laeked by Germany, it doesn't matter if we or Greece show the world. Yes Greece leaked ther submarine 😆 . It is the same propeller.

Dumb greece propanda tool.

papanikolis_2.jpg

German propeller the same as greecoosss...

have a good look...
FjmlwXuXEAEanYB

greece trolls in the internet talking bs as normal.

greece trolls in the internet talking bs as normal.
This wasn't on the internet,it was on a story on TV. That's why I asked and said I'm looking for reliable sources to post something about it online.

The propeller was first laeked by Germany,
Even so, we didn't have to leak the fact that ours is the same as the original.

Because Piri Reis is actually very different than the original Type 214. Much bigger, heavier etc.

Even so, we didn't have to leak the fact that ours is the same as the original.

Because Piri Reis is actually very different than the original Type 214. Much bigger, heavier etc.

No, we have the same propeller. If you make modifications on the sub the guarantee will expire, I remember they wanted do something about the AIP tank, when you use AIP feull cell need to be refeulled in Germany and it cost a lot of. Back in the days a lot of was wrote but what happened after that is not clear. We wanted to make the tank so the sub do not have to go to Germany.

No, we have the same propeller. If you make modifications on the sub the guarantee will expire,
Lol you can't be serious

I'm pretty sure attack subs aren't under warranty :D

Piri Reis is already modified quite a bit from the original Type 214 as per Turkish Navy's request

What engine does the Turkish Submarines use, a German diesel or an indigenous engine?

Back
Top Bottom