What's new

What year's equivalent of China is India now?

dreambear

Reaction score
Country
China
Based on the data on production and consumption, the actual living standard of an ordinary person in India is about the same as that in China in the mid-to-late 1990s. This data is embarrassing. It was actually in 1993 that China's GDP per capita caught up with India. In other words, after nearly 30 years of development, India has only dawdled forward for a few years.

In mentality and social progress, India is equal to China before Shang Yang, i,e. around 2,500 years ago. Even by then, China was more advanced than today India in many aspects, including urban planning and management (And better than today Vietnam too)

I am totally serious. Looking at many modern African tribes, I think they are like Chinese of 4000 - 5000 years ago in mentality.

But no one can say that officially. And states continue to make mistakes, putting people to miserable due to that so-called "political correctiveness".

Last edited:
In 2007, China's GDP was 3.55 trillion US dollars. It is similar to India's GDP(2.9 trillion) in 2021.

However, this does not mean that 2021India has reached the level of 2007China. Because the value of $3 trillion in 2007 is significantly higher than that of $3 trillion in 2021.

I suggest this comparison. In 2021, the global GDP will be 96.1 trillion US dollars. India accounted for 3%. In 1997, the global GDP was 31.62 trillion US dollars. China's GDP is 961.6 billion US dollars, accounting for 3%. So India in 2021 should be equal to China in 1997.

The real economic gap between China and India should be 24 years.

However, from 1990s to 2011, China always maintained an economic growth rate of 10 +%. And India cannot achieve our speed. So if India wants to reach the level of 2021China, it will take far more than 24 years.

Somehow I think this should not be about GDP now or decades or centuries before. Both Indians and Chinese are 'hardy' and 'pragmatic' people with huge populations--tens of millions of exportable people. India, per my understanding, is a little better than China on the 'demographic' challenges and India is being courted by the global rich countries and their allies; Advantage India!
India is where, or probably considerably ahead, where China was in late 1970s: China shunned its dogmatic communism and embraced whatever it took to advance. India is doing it since the early 1990s. I can't tell who will be where by 2100. But going by my understanding, India has a fair chance to be ahead of China by then. I kind of suspect I will be gone by then ;)

Gdp wise about 2007 or so. Social development wise probably around 1997

Somehow I think this should not be about GDP now or decades or centuries before. Both Indians and Chinese are 'hardy' and 'pragmatic' people with huge populations--tens of millions of exportable people. India, per my understanding, is a little better than China on the 'demographic' challenges and India is being courted by the global rich countries and their allies; Advantage India!
India is where, or probably considerably ahead, where China was in late 1970s: China shunned its dogmatic communism and embraced whatever it took to advance. India is doing it since the early 1990s. I can't tell who will be where by 2100. But going by my understanding, India has a fair chance to be ahead of China by then. I kind of suspect I will be gone by then ;)
China is way ahead of India in development but its demographic and geopolitical challenges are mounting and snowballing as the collective west is turning hostile. India meanwhile has a favorable geopolitical situation now and is starting to attract massive investment from global capital. India also has a more healthy demographic trend than China. So I think even though india won’t likely catch up to China in development anytime soon it will start narrowing the gap.

Different countries

China took advantage of a period of time

That time has now gone and countries and companies will ensure another China does not rise that they are forced to be partially dependent on

Indians have low IQ, filthy, religious fanatics, bad work ethics, slaves of their colonial masters. etc.

Comparing Indians to Chinese is incorrect at so many level.

It is like comparing an Elephant (China) with a coakroach (India).

China is way ahead of India in development but its demographic and geopolitical challenges are mounting and snowballing as the collective west is turning hostile. India meanwhile has a favorable geopolitical situation now and is starting to attract massive investment from global capital. India also has a more healthy demographic trend than China. So I think even though india won’t likely catch up to China in development anytime soon it will start narrowing the gap.

Yes. And I absolutely LOVE your measured response here and elsewhere!

There is a lesson from what you said for the PDF Pakistanis. The power of the dominant West and their allies. Look where the global wealth lies right now???? But unfortunately for this fanboy forum, the reality for Pakistan was that Pakistan was/is too dependent on the West and their rich/powerful allies and yet a sitting Prime Minister in Pakistan [Yes, Imran Khan!!], despite his multiple tools to get back to power, used the absolute worst, most destructive option to get back to power. He has succeeded in fooling people. But, boy, if the powers out there decide to punish Pakistan.... The fools on PDF don't know that 'Beggars can't be choosers'. But then a chunk of them live overseas anyway??? Who needs enemies with friends like them??

That Pakistan had gained since 1947 as a Western ally couldn't be thrown away due to some imagined 'Haqeeqi Azadi' (Real Freedom) proposed by a Trump x 10 Narcissist Imran Khan!! A Nation should fight its battles when it's ready. Otherwise, advantage 'the enemy', in this case India!!

Yes. And I absolutely LOVE your measured response here and elsewhere!

There is a lesson from what you said for the PDF Pakistanis. The power of the dominant West and their allies. Look where the global wealth lies right now???? But unfortunately for this fanboy forum, the reality for Pakistan was that Pakistan was/is too dependent on the West and their rich/powerful allies and yet a sitting Prime Minister in Pakistan [Yes, Imran Khan!!], despite his multiple tools to get back to power, used the absolute worst, most destructive option to get back to power. He has succeeded in fooling people. But, boy, if the powers out there decide to punish Pakistan.... The fools on PDF don't know that 'Beggars can't be choosers'. But then a chunk of them live overseas anyway??? Who needs enemies with friends like them??

That Pakistan had gained since 1947 as a Western ally couldn't be thrown away due to some imagined 'Haqeeqi Azadi' (Real Freedom) proposed by a Trump x 10 Narcissist Imran Khan!! A Nation should fight its battles when it's ready. Otherwise, advantage 'the enemy', in this case India!!
I actually support Imran khan and see his coup as a major destabilization of Pakistan.

If you don't understand the gap between China and India. Let me remind you.

India became independent in 1947. The same year. China began a full-scale civil war.

In 1947, India had more companies and factories than China.

India has more steel production than China.

India has more gold reserves than China.

India has more railways and infrastructure than China.

India has never suffered large-scale war damage like China.

India has never been subject to systematic sanctions like China.
…………

Go along this road. Now India should be richer and stronger than China. Unless a miracle happens... isn't it?

oh unfortunately. Miracles happen.

in 2022, China's GDP per capita is 5 times that of India. China's urbanization rate is twice that of India. China's steel production is 10 times that of India. China's high-speed railway is N times that of India. Chinese literacy rate, life expectancy, HDI, average height etc. are much higher than India............

I guess. China and India want to ask each other the same question ~ How did you do it?

Of course, if miracles happen in India. China is like India in 1947. India may lead China at 2100...

Indians have low IQ, filthy, religious fanatics, bad work ethics, slaves of their colonial masters. etc.

Comparing Indians to Chinese is incorrect at so many level.

It is like comparing an Elephant (China) with a coakroach (India).
India has a massive population and there are tens of millions of extremely talented people. Yeah it does have great social problems but it’s middle class is growing and all of its socio economic factors are moving up, though obviously slower than China has done but given its massive population, healthy demographics and favorable geopolitical environment, india will be rising as a great power in this generation.

I actually support Imran khan and see his coup as a major destabilization of Pakistan.

I supported him until his impetuous actions starting April 2022. One reason for my absence from this forum was a new stressful job. Another was disillusionment with Pakistan as a State. If this was the best Pakistan could produce??? This my great hope??

If you don't understand the gap between China and India. Let me remind you.

India became independent in 1947. The same year. China began a full-scale civil war.

In 1947, India had more companies and factories than China.

India has more steel production than China.

India has more gold reserves than China.

India has more railways and infrastructure than China.

India has never suffered large-scale war damage like China.

India has never been subject to systematic sanctions like China.
…………

Go along this road. Now India should be richer and stronger than China. Unless a miracle happens... isn't it?

oh unfortunately. Miracles happen.

in 2022, China's GDP per capita is 5 times that of India. China's urbanization rate is twice that of India. China's steel production is 10 times that of India. China's high-speed railway is N times that of India. Chinese literacy rate, life expectancy, HDI, average height etc. are much higher than India............

I guess. China and India want to ask each other the same question ~ How did you do it?

Of course, if miracles happen in India. China is like India in 1947. India may lead China at 2100...
Japan was way ahead of China in the 80s, what about now? Countries change. Environments change. China is facing unprecedented challenges which will slow it down. Indias system is also adapting and changing. China will likely maintain its lead but the gap will be narrowed.

I supported him until his impetuous actions starting April 2022. One reason for my absence from this forum was a new stressful job. Another was disillusionment with Pakistan as a State. If this was the best Pakistan could produce??? This my great hope??
I agree that pakistan is in terrible shape. Prospects do not look good either. Pakistan has the worst leadership in South Asia.

India is actually gathering great momentum for development and commercial vibrancy and will probably leave Pakistan in the dust in the near future unfortunately. I just see the writing on the wall

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom