What's new

What will happen to Pakistan as a fallout of unstable Afghanistan

Oh

you miss out something very important

A peaceful Afg is good for Pakistan and good for the region,.

Indian and Pakistani rajas should divide up Afghanistan and manage it.

hahhaha

Peace in Afghanistan? - I don't do flying unicorns and magic carpets. Peace in Afghanistan?? - seriously?

hahahah

you think ANA will be more successful against Talibarbarians than Pak army.

This shows an Indian's prejudice against Pakistan and mental slavery for Northern Alliance war lords

I wouldn't discount the ANA so easily - especially when they are a 300,000 force made up of the same battle hardened Afghans that the Taliban is made of. Come up with a saner reply next time.

hahhaha

Peace in Afghanistan? - I don't do flying unicorns and magic carpets. Peace in Afghanistan?? - seriously?

I wouldn't discount the ANA so easily - especially when they are a 300,000 force made up of the same battle hardened Afghans that the Taliban is made of. Come up with a saner reply next time.

Don't compare ANA with Taliban, one is made up by Pashtuns and other are drug addicts Tajiks, Uzbeks, Hazaras etc.

hahhaha

Do you even read your own stuff before posting.

you make mockery of your own intellect and thus strengthening the Talibarbairan supporters all thanks to Indian style prejudiced and narrow mind. you can do better, A lot better

peace to you

@FaujHistorian
What will happen to Pakistan as a fallout of unstable Afghanistan

Afghanistan is far from being stable, and In Pakistan people do not care any more about instability, they are already across the wall.... actaully the belief is that every passing day of Indo/US venture, both countries are getting worst and with there departure , at maximum the worst trend may continue but in later case US tax money could be saved.

There's no reason to believe things will improve in that part of the world if the radicals assume more power. The basic disconnect now is the gap between their beliefs and the modern world which is increasing every hour.

Unstable Afghanistan??
1- fence border and mine it with strict visa policy and making FATA a province and develop it.
2- Again play role in Afghanistan to make Talibs control whole Afghanistan and blow funds,money and infrastructure and just get nothing but unthankfulness :mad:

Unstable Afghanistan??
1- fence border and mine it with strict visa policy and making FATA a province and develop it.
2- Again play role in Afghanistan to make Talibs control whole Afghanistan and blow funds,money and infrastructure and just get nothing but unthankfulness :mad:

Your #1 is not possible as long as #2 is being done

#2 will fork Pakistani FATA area as much or sometimes even more than what it will do to Afgahnistanis.

The approach adopted by post 2014 forces controlling Afghanistan,towards Pakistan will be crucial.

If they are willing to have peaceful relation with Pakistan, Pakistan will be spared from many problems.

And if it is vice versa, we know what may happen.

In any case, if their is civil war in Afghanistan after 2014, number of refugees coming to Pakistan will increase.

Guys this thread is meant for a serious discussion on the topic.

I feel that post 2014 Afghanistan will probably continue getting stable under the control of Kabul government, ANA, and NATO presence until 2024.

However in case there is no long term agreement between Kabul and NATO, and all Western troops leave, there may be another Iraq in the making.

If God forbid that happens, and Afghanistan becomes a hotbed of wars of war lords, Pakistan could suffer from terrible consequences.

I hope this doesn't happen.

We should not consider what will happen if Afghanistan fall

What we need to do is to take few steps

*Fence the border and than Mine it
*Completely Ban the supply route of both NATO and Afghan govt through Pakistan,Afghan govt already has now access to iranian route
*End this refugee drama and set a visa on arrival policy,No one from Afghanistan should be allowed without proper visa and the stay should be for max 15-30days.
*Don't interfere in Afghanistan internal affair

Now after this Not only we will become immune to afterwards situation in Afghanistan but will also be able to defeat TTP easily than before.

1st Bolded Part- agreed.

2nd Bolded Part- agreed on bold part only.

3rd Bolded Part- I am afraid most of the Top Brass of Pakistani Army and Military elites think otherwise; surely the concept of Strategic Depth is still has its followers among them.

Last edited:
....the concept of Strategic Depth is still has its followers

I agree with the rest of your post. Great job

Just explain to me in your own words (and no cut n paste please) what do YOU understand with the term "strategic depth".

Thank you

It will effect Pakistan also , so We should make fence with border including cameras and alarm system. I know that this is very costly, but totally worth for long term solution ..... 2500km is too much. But let start it for few kilometres and make it difficult for enemy to come in our territory.

fence the border
mine it
facilitate NATO withdrawal. fully and wholeheartedly support Americans.

use pesticides and gases in Waziristan operations.
upload videos of executing the taliban prisoners and make it a regular item.

follow the examples of Arab Caliphates of Bannu Umayah and Bannu Abas who killed people in the mosques and even desecrated the graves (if the Caliphs of Bannu Umyyah and Banu Abbas can do it then so can the Pakistan army)

be honest and open about drone strikes and cooperate with America in taking out the pests that show no remorse for the death of Pakistani & Afghan civilians

Pak army stop acting like Edhi trust and let the jobsworth charities & human rights work on mending hearts & minds and roads etc. Pak army only concentrate on killing and more killing.

use Israeli tactics of bulldozing and destroying the entire villages that facilitate the terrorists.

gang rape Mullah Aunty of Red Mosque and chop one ball off of Munawar Hassan and put Imran Khan in a retraining jacket while the mass killers of Pakistan army and civilians are burnt alive and shot publicly.
have all b@stard judges abducted and become lapata people who openly and knowingly freeded the terrorists who confessed their murders in the face of the courts. sell Chuadrhary Iftikhar to Baloch human traffickers

Involve Russians, Saudis, Iranians & Turks is brokering a deal between the Northern Alliance drug cartel in Kabul and the Taliban Butchers.

in case of an all out civil war in Afghanistan, dont get involved and deploy forces preventing any exodus and treat any illegal entry as hostile.

I am sorry for soliciting rape as a punishment, I would like to distance from what Taliban & FSA do with the help of the wahabi fatwas... I would instead just shoot the b@satard in the forehead in a raid he is confident that he is protected by Noora league and judiciary and once again must be sheltering TTP terrorists.. so a sudden raid will not only get rid of him but also many killers of recent Rawalpindi and Islamabad killings/

It will effect Pakistan also , so We should make fence with border including cameras and alarm system. I know that this is very costly, but totally worth for long term solution ..... 2500km is too much. But let start it for few kilometres and make it difficult for enemy to come in our territory.
just the important routes, the majority cant just trek the mountains. follow the 80-20 rule.. address the most heavily used routes and they will resolve the biggest portion of the problem. do it progressively

I have read some great ideas that can be implemented too. The problem that I perceive is that, You are talking about a country that cannot even intercept calls from Afghanistan because it has not the suitable technology required. Do you think it will be willing to MINE THE BORDERS or introduce VISA SYSTEM or even put CAMERA SYSTEMS on BORDERS.

What we need is not FUNDS neither equipment, but WILLING GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS.

Now to the second point, Afghanistan's own government doesn't want peace. It is inevitable that Taliban will rise in the coming years. AFGHANIS do not stand a chance against them, with NATO or without it.

Then why did Pakistan impose Taliban on Afghanistan in earlt 90's?

One day , Pakistan had a dream and decided to . Do you read history by any chance ?

Because the others were supporting other factions and Islamabad had to do something . It would have helped if the Northern Alliance wasn't being funded actively by Indians and Iranians at that time even before the evil Pakistanis thought of helping Taliban but since you did , there's no reason to ask that question , do not tell me they were " saints " . There was no love only national interests . The disintegration of Mujahideen in the early 90's had left a large vacuum and others rose to fill it , the rest of course is history . What is the meaning of the word " impose " ? :azn:

One day , Pakistan had a dream and decided to . Do you read history by any chance ?

Because the others were supporting other factions and Islamabad had to do something . It would have helped if the Northern Alliance wasn't being funded actively by Indians and Iranians at that time even before the evil Pakistanis thought of helping Taliban but since you did , there's no reason to ask that question , do not tell me they were " saints " . There was no love only national interests . The disintegration of Mujahideen in the early 90's had left a large vacuum and others rose to fill it , the rest of course is history . What is the meaning of the word " impose " ? :azn:

Pakistan midwifed Taliban from the pastun remanents of the anti-soviet afghan resistance fighters. Ex-DG of ISI Rtd. Gen. Hamid Gul is called the father of Taliban for that very reason.. india got involed with the Northern Alliance only after Taliban gained ascendancy in Afghanistan..

Pakistan midwifed Taliban from the pastun remanents of the anti-soviet afghan resistance fighters. Ex-DG of ISI Rtd. Gen. Hamid Gul is called the father of Taliban for that very reason.. india got involed with the Northern Alliance only after Taliban gained ascendancy in Afghanistan..

Ahmad Shah Massoud , the former Mujahideen commander was always receiving active help from the Indians , being a dominant and influencing personality in the aftermath of the Peshawar accords and the ensuring civil war after an uneasy peace and specially being Tajik and hence more useful and reliable than the others .The Taliban rose to power in 1996 and so came into picture the Northern alliance . Every country was trying to gain leverage and Pakistan was no exception . So next time before asking us and trying to put all blame on Pakistan , learn to read the history in perspective . After all , we didn't have a dream and decided to support Taliban one day .

Back
Top Bottom