What's new

What wikipedia says about Muslims and education attainment

Muji.Iqbal

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1686262779423.png

1686262807475.png

Muslims are tied with Hindus with the lowest average levels of education. We need to change this trend. Muslim nations need to encourage education of its citizens to at least bachelors and master's level education.

@Areesh
@Dalit
@xyxmt
@waz

This is kind of dumb analysis and it doesn't account for variance in regions(for example the GCC states, Malaysia will be far higher than places in Africa). much of it has to do with regions and wealth than anything else.

1686273347850.png

1686273365570.png

Muslim nations need to invest in education in the Academic disciplines or the secular subjects as well like the hard and social sciences. No wonder why we are behind.

Interesting information. More data is at https://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-c.../21094148/Religion-Education-ONLINE-FINAL.pdf

Original research has more granular analysis. The Wiki article is just a summary.
Wikipedia is just a basic summary and what is perceived among most peoples.

Its a valid question, despite the fact we Muslims make 25% of humanity, we are still tied with the lowest amount of education according to wikipedia. This trend needs to be changed and we need to improve our situation.

Atleast we can only go up from the level we are at.

The only thing I disagree with the pewresearch article, is that they think that some Muslim rulers may have discouraged secular education. lol. Show some credible source which proves that wrong opinion. Some of the greatest advances in the sciences were done by Muslim scientists.

Last edited:
musalman bohot padha likha bhi hota hai.. please see 1931 Caste census in India..

in United Provinces, Syed Muslims held ~24% literacy rate..
some of the best teachers I had in Lucknow were Shia Muslims..

so please

I'm not so sure.

If I'm not mistaken the more educated parts of the Muslim world have a lower fertility rate than the rest of the Ummah.

Iran for instance has a TFR of below 1.71. Saudi Arabia is just about to continue its TFR slide below the 2.1 replacement level. Malaysia is already below 1.82 and the UAE has already plunged below a staggering 1.46.

On the other hand that beacon of literacy Afganistan has a TFR of ~4.75 per woman and I cannot imagine the women their being barred from an education will lower that rate very much.

In the meanwhile that country you might have heard of called Pakistan has so far only lowered its TFR to ~3.5 and I think we all know which educational level segment of the population is having most of the kids.

Want to guess the TFR and literacy rate of 99% Muslim Somalia is?

In other words unless some vast wave of education sweeps the Muslim world, the educated segments appear to be shrinking and the great illiterate masses in many places are projected to grow.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure.

If I'm not mistaken the more educated parts of the Muslim world have a lower fertility rate than the rest of the Ummah.

Iran for instance has a TFR of below 1.71. Saudi Arabia is just about to continue its TFR slide below the 2.1 replacement level. Malaysia is already below 1.82 and the UAE has already plunged below a staggering 1.46.

On the other hand that that beacon of literacy Afganistan has a TFR of ~4.75 per woman and I cannot imagine the women their being barred from an education will lower that rate very much.

In the meanwhile that country you might have heard of called Pakistan has so far only lowered its TFR to ~3.5 and I think we all know which educational level segment of the population is having most of the kids.

In other words unless some vast wave of education sweeps the Muslim world, the educated segments appear to be shrinking and the great illiterate masses in many places are projected to grow.
This is a problem for the whole world and not just 'Muslim world'.

The decline of the world's IQ​

This is a problem for the whole world and not just 'Muslim world'.

The decline of the world's IQ​

Oh indubitably. It's just that the Muslim world was the subject I was responding to.

There is only one country on Earth bucking the trend where the TFR is rising at the same time their women are becoming more educated and are participating more in the workforce. For the rest of the entire world there seems to be a direct negative correlation between female education levels and workforce participation and fertility rates. Basically the great unwashed sea of illiterate masses seem to have a darwinian advantage.

Oh indubitably. It's just that the Muslim world was the subject I was responding to.

There is only one country on Earth bucking the trend where the TFR is rising at the same time their women are becoming more educated and are participating more in the workforce. For the rest of the entire world there seems to be a direct negative correlation between female education levels and workforce participation and fertility rates. Basically the great unwashed sea of illiterate masses seem to have a darwinian advantage.
Far more worrisome than the 'Muslim world' is this:
1695875907385.png

Nations with least amount of human capital will be exploding in population leading to Darwinian consequences. This is at least as important as Climate change.

Our mean years of schooling is ~7 years, which is also pulled down by Moslems. Madrassah graduate stop wasting your time on Wikipedia.

Last edited:
There is only one country on Earth bucking the trend where the TFR is rising at the same time their women are becoming more educated and are participating more in the workforce.
Which country is this ? I am interested to know how did TFR rise while women get more educated.

Wikipedia should not always be trusted as you know. Especially with topics pertaining to Pakistan. There is a powerful Indian lobby there,

Back
Top Bottom