What's new

What we need

In your opinion, what are the most needed helicopter

• UH-60 Black Hawk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SA-342 Gazelle (increase in the number)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mootaz-khelifi

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
what the Tunisian Air Forces Need now from helicopters knowing that in last month we had a hunt for terrorist that cost us 13 soldier injured
In your opinion, what are the most needed helicopter by the Tunisian national army during this period?
UH-60 Black Hawk

AH-64D Apache Long Bow

SA-342 Gazelle (increase in the number)

SH-60F Sea Hawk

AH-1Z Super Cobra

Eurocopter Tiger

me voted for the Apache

Definitely this:

AH-6i

12052010683.jpg

Cheap, reliable, agile, fast, great fire power. It's perfect for fighting militias:

Last edited by a moderator:
See, each chopper has been designed for specific task(s) and threat perceptions. What is Tunisia's threat perception? An armored assault from a neighboring country or from terrorist/guerrilla organizations within your country?

Then you need to shortlist the choppers that suit that role. And then the requirements such as :

Unit purchase cost
Production/delivery timeline
Maintainability
Reliability
Dependability
Survivability in adverse combat conditions
TOT (if needed)
Availability of spares over a 20/30 year period.
Training

Now you need to select which is the best chopper that can fulfill your requirements and then go for it! :cool:

I voted eurocopter cause it reminds me of the james bond movie golden eye

I voted eurocopter cause it reminds me of the james bond movie golden eye

See, each chopper has been designed for specific task(s) and threat perceptions. What is Tunisia's threat perception? An armored assault from a neighboring country or from terrorist/guerrilla organizations within your country?

Then you need to shortlist the choppers that suit that role. And then the requirements such as :

Unit purchase cost
Production/delivery timeline
Maintainability
Reliability
Dependability
Survivability in adverse combat conditions
TOT (if needed)
Availability of spares over a 20/30 year period.
Training

Now you need to select which is the best chopper that can fulfill your requirements and then go for it! :cool:

for now we using SA-342 Gazelle and in 2014 we will get 12 SH-60F Sea Hawk and week ago 2 Apaches landed in tunis possibly Tunisian command thinking to buy Apaches

Bell AH1Z, btw its viper not supercobra, cobra is the older model.

Back
Top Bottom