What's new

What was your first personal computer?

The internet came in around 1994, and we had to get it. It was very expensive, about 20dh/hour. We would log on, open up a bunch of web pages, log off and then read. Then log in, click somewhere else and then log off and read.

I did not have the modem but when i used dial ups on other PCs i did the same trick.

Yeah I played Prince of Persia and the F-117 simulation game. My favorite was Civilization, though.

I think the Excel like software you're talking about is Lotus 123. Mine wasn't a tower casing though. An year later I bought something called the Multimedia kit which had just hit the market, by Creative.

It had speakers, a soundblaster 16, and a 2x CD rom drive and a Trident video card, I think it was in the KBs - can't remember. Life was good!

It ran Dos 5.0 and I was super psyched when I got Dos 6.2. It was so fast. I hated using Windows 3.1, it wasn't really an operating system, it ran on top of Dos. Just made everything clickable with the icons. Too slow for me.

I remember my friends and I holding out as long as possible with using Dos. I detested windows ( a cheap copy of the Macintosh/Acorn interface) until I could not avoid it anymore.

loved the feeling of typing dir\s and seeing all the files on the hard drive flash by.

Civilisation was the ultimate game to play, still have all versions installed on my pc. hehe.

Before the internet, we were using Bulletin Boards using dialups and a modem card...the phone line would be busy and parents would scream.

It seems now that I had way more fun in those days...

My fist PC was a P-I. Dont remember the specs but i know it had a HD of 5 gigs. No partitions and no space for songs. It had that fringing turbo button but i could only hope that it worked.

Shifted to a P-III, upgraded that to a P-IV, got a Dell Laptop, the one with no touch pad, moved on to another Dell which had the Mobile Technology thing, now have an HP Pavilion.

My uncle gave me his old PC as a gift in 97- it was my first PC ever- it was a P1- with win 95 on it- i use to click click and then click every where- there were some of his official letters from work in the drive and i loved to click them open and read- then i learned how to type- good ol days- now i use Toshiba Qosmio X505-

Assalam alaikum

My first pc was 486 66 it just arrived in the market. First i decided to take 200mb hd then went for the 320 mb ( the shop owner a friend ) was shocked he asked me what i m gonna do with such a big hd. the defference in price at that time can earn me p4 with 500 hd 2gb ram dvd without monitor now

I owned a lot of them can't remember them.

TARIQ

Mine was 80386 if i rememebr correctly with windows 3.1, 4 or 8 MB RAM and lotus 123. We got win 95 installed on it later on. We used deck speakers as speakers for audio CDs by connecting the deck speakers direclty to the output on the CD player for audio and enjoying woofer sound system for audio CDs :D

Civilization was a great game. I miss the barbarians there when they used to make trouble in the city :P

Xatax was a great game also. Also there was a game called winter olympics and my favourite a flight simulation if i remember correctly it was called "check yeagers". I loved playing it.

We also had the standalone Keybpoard with computing capabilities that you connect to a TV directly and use as a gaming console and for basic computing. It was called Sakhr if you would remember, some thing like this :

30.jpg

We had Atari and then the game console with million games. Most of the game were a repeat with some special features added :P . Some of the games were (I leave the pictures to speak :partay: )

33.jpg

32.jpg

31.jpg

p-2 in 2002 and after that upgraded that system till now some times mother board replacement some time processor some times both and hote hote now core2duo 2.9.

Toshiba Satellite.

1.2 GHz processor
2 GB RAM

Got it 3 years ago and still using it.

toshiba-satellite-a305d-laptop.jpg

My first personal computer was bought by my elder brother back in 1997/98. I learned PC from Computer academy in Pakistan back in 1996/97 if I am not wrong.

It was too slow comparing to today's PC but we were happy with its performance, can't remember its features now but I remember the maximum hard drive in your PC used to be 4GB - 8GB only and 20GB was considered when we bought another PC after an year or so.

RAM was not more than 64MB or maximum 128MB and we were happy with its performance.

Today I am using, HP Pavilion, Entertainment PC, DV7-3110EA. It has 17.3 inches screen, 600GB of usable hard drive, 8MB of RAM, Quad Core etc.

Back
Top Bottom