What's new

What Pakistan can learn from Thailand on Brand creation

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I came across this cool video on youtube - its only a few minutes, really suggest you guys watch it.

Basically Thailand trained chefs, sent them abroad and encouraged the thai diaspora to open Thai restaurants, specifically showcasing thai food. They even did a range of business models. They even go as far as quality control and checking the authenticity of the food.

I think we can do the same with Pakistani food, establish a Pakistani brand, focused away from the British confused dishes and the "indian" label.

I came across this cool video on youtube - its only a few minutes, really suggest you guys watch it.

Basically Thailand trained chefs, sent them abroad and encouraged the thai diaspora to open Thai restaurants, specifically showcasing thai food. They even did a range of business models. They even go as far as quality control and checking the authenticity of the food.

I think we can do the same with Pakistani food, establish a Pakistani brand, focused away from the British confused dishes and the "indian" label.

Could Even follow the same style of business models.

StreetFood/Dhaba style.
Mid-range family restaurant.
High end fine dining.

Would have to focus on the ethnic specialities across Pakistan, for example Balochi Sajji, Sindhi Biryani, Pukhtun style karahi, punjabi saag/lassi etc.

What the fuk did i just read.. What brand does Thailand have? Except hookers and trannies that place is a hooker house and this is not even offensive just a ground reality i have been there..

It is a Western cum dumpster literally and a sperm bank....

Pakistan would rather end itself then hit that bottom turn all the nuke on itself much more glorious.. Pakistan has prestige and self respect including Admired and feared that is the brand we seek to be feared by our enemies and admired by our friends

Last edited:
What the fuk did i just read.. What brand does Thailand have? Except hookers and trannies that place is a hooker house and this is not even offensive just a ground reality i have been there..

It is a Western cum dumpster
Honestly man personally I feel unless these densely populated countries become very rich like Japan or something
They always look/sound like dumpsters no matter the situation on paper
Part of the deal I guess

Honestly man personally I feel unless these densely populated countries become very rich like Japan or something
They always look like dumpsters no matter the situation on paper
Part of the deal I guess

Not all of them just Thailand example Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam not the same situation but Thailand is a certified cum dumpster very famous for it...

Example look how clean Malaysia and Brunei are despite having an active nightlife scene they limit garbage by not allowing trannies, Hooker, LGBT garbage they have religious police cleaning the place up.. If you go there you would think this is a different universe everything is so clean even the nightlife scene is very clean.. You can still drink alcohol and what not but you will not see freaks like Thailand or hookers or stuff like that.. You won't see abominations.. You won't see either tristy westerners they are afraid of religious police and behave like decent law abiding citizens..

This is not even about religion but it is about self-respect and decency.. You can't let garbage fly under your nose bro it is self-deeming....

Western tourists don't come to Pakistan and honestly speaking that is for the better.. If his a afriad of you that is a good sign.. Take it from me I am speaking from a position of knowledge. There is only that or Thailand chose one... If example @Apollon (By the way never come to Pakistan bro) If he was caught looking at the haji's daughter things could get hectic in Peshawar's suburbs

Last edited:

Let us first start with the GI for Basmati... Thai got it right with Thomali rice and they hold it as a brand power. Despite the fact they get a lot of rice which is same variety from Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam (Vietnam woke up and stop exporting to Thailand); that rice gets repackaged under Thai brand.

Next - you are 100% right - where is the cultural food items unique to Pak or its geographical areas.

What annoys me most - Indians have hijacked everything possible Pak and call it as their brand name,

Pakistan would rather end itself then hit that bottom turn all the nuke on itself much more glorious.. Pakistan has prestige and self respect including Admired and feared that is the brand we seek to be feared by our enemies and admired by our friends

What a ridiculous take. A glass is half full or half empty based on perspective. If you only know Thailand for sex tourism then adjust your perspective.

The video is 5 mins and it walks you through the whole Thai food brand.

Could Even follow the same style of business models.

StreetFood/Dhaba style.
Mid-range family restaurant.
High end fine dining.

Would have to focus on the ethnic specialities across Pakistan, for example Balochi Sajji, Sindhi Biryani, Pukhtun style karahi, punjabi saag/lassi etc.

Dhaba is an Indian term, please don't use it in the context of Pakistan food/cuisine. This term became part of pakistani vernacular only recently, much like the inability to pronounce the letter Kha properly in urdu words.
Example look how clean Malaysia and Brunei are despite having an active nightlife scene they limit garbage by not allowing trannies, Hooker, LGBT garbage they have religious police cleaning the place up.. If you go there you would think this is a different universe everything is so clean even the nightlife scene is very clean.. You can still drink alcohol and what not but you will not see freaks like Thailand or hookers or stuff like that.. You won't see abominations.. You won't see either tristy westerners they are afraid of religious police and behave like decent law abiding citizens..

This is not even about religion but it is about self-respect and decency.. You can't let garbage fly under your nose bro it is self-deeming....

Western tourists don't come to Pakistan and honestly speaking that is for the better.. If his a afriad of you that is a good sign.. Take it from me I am speaking from a position of knowledge. There is only that or Thailand chose one... If example @Apollon (By the way never come to Pakistan bro) If he was caught looking at the haji's daughter things could get hectic in Peshawar's suburbs

First things Pakistanis need to do is pick up trash from it's streets and secondly wake up by 8AM in the morning at the latest and open businesses by 10AM at the latest. No shop should be opened by 11PM at night.

if our dumbest bastrd government of history of mankind ever existed can not put a simple sticky label on a pink salt which israel and india label as their own. what makes you think our government is going to support us to brand our food. you need to create a state within a state, made of rich patrotic business men and best intellectuals (phds) to turn the wheel of progress in order for nation to rise.

What utopian delusions do you have about Pakistan?

Thailand has a really creepy/sketchy side, you're right, but also nicer, upscale, family-friendly stuff.

Let us first start with the GI for Basmati... Thai got it right with Thomali rice and they hold it as a brand power. Despite the fact they get a lot of rice which is same variety from Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam (Vietnam woke up and stop exporting to Thailand); that rice gets repackaged under Thai brand.

Next - you are 100% right - where is the cultural food items unique to Pak or its geographical areas.

What annoys me most - Indians have hijacked everything possible Pak and call it as their brand name,

Exactly. Take peri peri for example - everyone knows it as South African.

Everyone knows Sushi as Japanese.

We know Mexican food, we know Jamaican food, we know Jollof rice as West African.

In fact. Jamaica is a great example. For such a tiny nation they're known for sports, reggae, thier food. It doesn't have to be massive and all encompassing.
if our dumbest bastrd government of history of mankind ever existed can not put a simple sticky label on a pink salt which israel and india label as their own. what makes you think our government is going to support us to brand our food. you need to create a state within a state, made of rich patrotic business men and best intellectuals (phds) to turn the wheel of progress in order for nation to rise.

TBH that's how most of the world succeeds. I agree with you, Pakistani can't expect to rely on govt.

Exactly. Take peri peri for example - everyone knows it as South African.

Everyone knows Sushi as Japanese.

We know Mexican food, we know Jamaican food, we know Jollof rice as West African.

In fact. Jamaica is a great example. For such a tiny nation they're known for sports, reggae, thier food. It doesn't have to be massive and all encompassing.

TBH that's how most of the world succeeds. I agree with you, Pakistani can't expect to rely on govt.
Correct. If you ask a portugese about Nandos - you will get a confused look. Even though periperi chicken is portugese but it has been taken over to the world via Nandos.

There has been no incentive to standardise regional cuisine and designate these as specific.

It took them 70yrs plus to wake up to the fact Himalayan salt is not indian but from Pak.

I doubt Brunei has much of night scene of drinking etc? But I know Malaysia has some. Glad Malaysia is keeping this civilized, allowing freedoms while maintaining dignity.
It would be hypocritical of me to denounce the Western style nightlife because I partake in such activities myself but never in a boorish manner. Most of Southeast Asia, with all due respect, is a HUGE turn off to me. It's not just Thailand but also Philippines and possibly other nations who have a peculiar kind of 'tourism'. To me SE Asia is a huge turn off anyway because of the year around warm, humid weather. I like all four seasons in a country! Add to the climate, the trashy tourism... no sir-eee!! And oh, the ladies in SE Asia are not attractive to me on the whole...

Back
Top Bottom