What's new

What More Pakistani DARPA Could Do?

Are you talking about industries not ready to pay top price to solution providers, consultancies, and vendors? That might be the case becauae of "seth" culture.
B2B will require good secure internet communications throughout the chain of producers, vendors, and cosumers.
There are so many basic problems. Security, power shortage, a culture where creativity does not flourish. Only org which can play a catalytic
Role to encourage r&d is PA, GHQ,. At least undergrad and grad will have something to look into that their talent will be recognised and they will come out from theould of "glorified clerk" to thinking engineers and scientists. It will do lots of good to universities and for GHQ. If GHQ can engage vast pool of top talent. Innovations amde at GHQ MoD orgs can trickle down to civil use later furthering engineering and commercial activities.

I know people who have a long history of trying to sell software in the Pakistani market. People tend to think software is free. Getting money out of them is next to impossible.

Then there are the big name companies who will gladly pay millions of dollars to buy software written by foreigners, but won't pay a paisa to local software vendors. There is a serious trust issue.

But there is an even larger problem. In many cases, talented people can create solutions, but they don't even know what problems exists out there. That is what I mean by better B2B and business to innovator contacts. We need a marketplace where Pakistani businesses can seek Pakistani talent to get problems solved. This would be a huge boon for local talent. Over time, we can transform this to International businesses seeking Pakistani talent. Once this system is up and running, then we can open the market to international innovators as well.

@Horus @Oscar @Khafee @Naif al Hilali @Sarge

I know people who have a long history of trying to sell software in the Pakistani market. People tend to think software is free. Getting money out of them is next to impossible.

Then there are the big name companies who will gladly pay millions of dollars to buy software written by foreigners, but won't pay a paisa to local software vendors. There is a serious trust issue.

But there is an even larger problem. In many cases, talented people can create solutions, but they don't even know what problems exists out there. That is what I mean by better B2B and business to innovator contacts. We need a marketplace where Pakistani businesses can seek Pakistani talent to get problems solved. This would be a huge boon for local talent. Over time, we can transform this to International businesses seeking Pakistani talent. Once this system is up and running, then we can open the market to international innovators as well.

@Horus @Oscar @Khafee @Naif al Hilali @Sarge

Well said!

Back
Top Bottom