What's new

What makes you click on a thread here ?

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
We all come across a myriad of threads here on this forum , the subjects are as diverse as the people on board. Most threads begin with a cut & paste job while some start with personal views or just trash loosely referred to as BS here.

I felt it would be worthwhile for us to examine the viewing pattern of members i.e. what attracts you to click on a thread upon viewing its subject. Some options are listed below which could be added /deleted by us as we go along.

- The subject / title .

- The fact that it shows India /Pakistan /China/ BD in good or poor light.

- Just ‘masala’ or time pass.

- Genuine sharing / gaining of information.

- To read comments posted by someone who is known to be sane in his / her views or a rabid poster.

Further, there are some ppl on the forum whose posts one likes to read even if they are not in conformity with my own views while there are others whose post one avoids simply coz it would invariably contain nothing to learn or discuss.

Nothing wrong with that as it takes all kinds but just a point worth bringing out. Taking names would be inappropriate.

The aim besides all other things is to generate awareness amongst us here on what others may or may not want to ‘ click’ on so that we get an idea what to post & what not to.

The bold text makes me click, it means i have not gone through that thread :D

I do not know. I run 'live posts' in a window and as soon as a new post/thread appears, I open it and then decide whether to post or not.

Back
Top Bottom